[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lamont Jordan

Liverlips

I believe Davenport is also a FA this year (could be wrong about this).  Anyway, it's been widely discussed b/c that's what people assume will happen - maybe the Jets know something that we don't.  Maybe they didn't part with him for a 3rd rounder b/c they have every intention of keeping him beyond the 2004-05 season.  This transition player tag that people are discussing is a possibility, I guess.

He is a Restricted Free Agent this year.

He wouldn't be playing if he wasn't as good as Curtis Martin, now would he?  Nobody's saying he's better than Martin.

653946[/snapback]

Right, but if he was close, he'd be carrying more of the load. Look at Steven Jackson in St Louis. If you've got the talent, you force your way into the lineup.

Edited by Bonehand

All points above are good.

Here is my take on it: The Jets would be stupid to let Jordan go. I think that Cumar should go out while he is on top, rather than fizzling out. If they want to keep him, they will have to pay him a starters salary and actually give him some carries.

Cumar should call it quits, and give the job to Jordan. He has been quite servicable as a back up, and has a set of fresh legs for his age. He is a power back that would be a good fit for Oakland's or Miami's running style. I just don't think that NY can let him go and depend on Martin for much longer.

Ben

All points above are good.

Here is my take on it:  The Jets would be stupid to let Jordan go.  I think that Cumar should go out while he is on top, rather than fizzling out.  If they want to keep him, they will have to pay him a starters salary and actually give him some carries.

Cumar should call it quits, and give the job to Jordan.  He has been quite servicable as a back up, and has a set of fresh legs for his age.  He is a power back that would be a good fit for Oakland's or Miami's running style.  I just don't think that NY can let him go and depend on Martin for much longer.

Ben

655367[/snapback]

So what you're essentially saying is that the Jets would be better off starting a RB who has never had any real playing time in his four year career over a guy who has never had UNDER 1,000 yards in any of his ten seasons in the NFL, and oh yeah, incidentally won the rushing title THIS year. :D

The first of many offseason Jordan topics no doubt. This guy has always been a fantasy "sleeper". So much speculation, so many handcuff draft picks, and for WHAT?!? I have to believe if he was going to do anything in this league it would have been done when CuMar was hurt so much the previous 2 years. If he has so much talent he would have captured the job then IMO.

I have serious doubts that he's anthing other than an overhyped name.

Have him in a keeper league and I'm praying he goes to the Raiders. Any speculations or honest humble oppinions? How many teams will be looking for a new back? Thanks in return.

653522[/snapback]

My feeling is that if he goes to the Raiders we never find out how good he could be. The Raiders are a bad football team and Jordan isnt enough to change that. They have a real concern at the qb position and that would result in continuos 8 man fronts and no running room for Jordan. There are other teams out there that he would fit better with!

So what you're essentially saying is that the Jets would be better off starting a RB who has never had any real playing time in his four year career over a guy who has never had UNDER 1,000 yards in any of his ten seasons in the NFL, and oh yeah, incidentally won the rushing title THIS year.  :D

655444[/snapback]

I'm not taking anything away from Cumar...I'm just saying that his time is just about up. The Jets need to start planning for their RB future. If they don't want to put it in Jordan's hands, then they better have a viable alternative.

The draft should be good for RB prospects...we'll have to see what happens.

Ben