[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pats Loss = Clevelands Gain

Big Score 1

Crennel is a terrific coach. It will be interesting to see him finally get his shot as HC. :D

As for the Pats, it's going to be really tough to replace him.

658507[/snapback]

The Pats have been grooming Mangini for Crennels spot for 2 years. I think that with Crennel going to Cleveland (Good Luck Romeo), this will make Mangini the youngest def coordinator in the league. Not sure how that will go.

I think NE is going to lose their LB coach as well to Miami to become the Defensive Coordinator. Dean Pees

Dean Pees is the guy Nick Saban is waiting on, so I believe he has to have a good idea that Pees will take the job. Pees and Saban have a history of working together. Pees was Saban's defensive coordinator at Toledo and Michigan State. He left Saban's staff at Michigan State to become the head coach at Kent State, which is Nick Saban's alma mater.

I don't believe he will follow Romeo Crennel to Cleveland if Crennel does indeed land that job. His history is with Nick Saban. IMO, I don't think he will get the New England job over Eric Mangini either. Mangini has had opportunities to leave New England, but he has had assurances from Bill Belichick that he will be the next defensive coordinator in New England. Crennel could take Pepper Johnson with him to Cleveland. New England may then not allow Pees to leave for Miami's defensive coordinator job, since they might just be replacing two other position coaches on the staff.

Jay Glazer said this on the pre game show yesterday. Jimmy Johnson then said that all the pressure right now is on Savage as the HC wasn't all the fault of our abysmal season...lack of a GM, poor drafting, bad salary cap moves all need to be straightened out first, then we can see how good a coach Romeo will be...