[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Question For All You Patriot Fans!

Shotgun Messiahs

I just wanted to see what all of you thought about Bethel Johnson! Does this guy have the chance to become a stud one day!

His speed is incredible! I know he was in the dog house this year! Just wanted some opinions on him! Thanks!

662277[/snapback]

A stud? Not likely, but I think he could be another Deion Branch. I think he could be a solid #2 if he shows a little more durability and maturity, but that's his ceiling. I could be wrong.

So far he's appropriately a punt returner - he runs like a 4.3/40 but he hasn't broken into the Givens/Patten action at all. So far he hasn't done much to suggest he will be more than a #3 receiver.

I just wanted to see what all of you thought about Bethel Johnson! Does this guy have the chance to become a stud one day!

His speed is incredible! I know he was in the dog house this year! Just wanted some opinions on him! Thanks!

662277[/snapback]

My fear is his stud day will be this sunday -- he's quick as heck and my steeeeelers have a penchant for forgetting to tackle kick returners .. so Bethel makes me nervous ... :D

"Hey, Look -- We're kicking ... LET'S TACKLE SOMEONE, PREFERABLY THE GUY WITH THE BALL!!!!!"

I think his apparent issues with work ethic/team rules could be causing his limitations. If he can grow up a little, he'll improve dramatically as he'll actually get onto the field more often. Seems like he's inactive too often because he annoyed a coach.

He is great on kickoffs because of his speed, but they don't trust him returning punts.

He was out on a couple offensive plays last week, which is a good sign. The talk is he isn't grasping the offense as they would like.

I hope they throw him in a few plays this week on offense, as he can get behind the DBs with ease.

I remember last year in the Playoffs against the Titans, he ran by a DB like he was standing still. Brady hit him in stride and it was an easy 50 yd or so TD.