[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not in our house !

Menudo

...When was the last time you actually watched the Superbowl from start to finish?

663015[/snapback]

Ummmm...let's see

I watched most of last year's Superbowl. I missed Janet's boob and a bit of the beginning of the third quarter, so I guess I didn't watch it from start to finish.

I honestly can't think of a Superbowl I sat down and watched intently from start to finish. Maybe the Rams-Titans game a few years ago. The only reason I watch the Superbowl is because it will be the last bit of competitive football I'll see for 8 months.

I pour myself emotionally into each week more than the normal fan - be it rooting for the Jets or for my fantasy teams. My football season starts in March with free-agency, then April with the draft, and I really start getting into it during camps then ramp it up from there. Once fantasy football season is over and the Jets have been eliminated, I'm emotionally and sometimes physically exhausted.

I may tune in for part of the Superbowl this year, but there is no way I'll sit there and watch any of these four teams from start to finish.

Edited by Vet

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd come out there and kick your a$$ personally, but I'm not sure if I should fly into Chicago or Indianapolis.

662929[/snapback]

Pretty silly discussion, but this line made me laugh for sure.

As for Menudo's initial post, I am extremely jealous. I remember well the week-long nervousness I felt the past two weeks (stomach in knots is exactly how it felt), and man do I miss it. If only Doug Brien could his a field goal, or if Pennington could hit Moss on a 4-yard crossing pattern, or if Herman Edwards/Paul Hackett threw the ball one more time, or if.......

I've gone from stomach in knots to stomach in upheaval.

Ummmm...let's see

I watched most of last year's Superbowl.  I missed Janet's boob and a bit of the beginning of the third quarter, so I guess I didn't watch it from start to finish.

I honestly can't think of a Superbowl I sat down and watched intently from start to finish.  Maybe the Rams-Titans game a few years ago.  The only reason I watch the Superbowl is because it will be the last bit of competitive football I'll see for 8 months.

I pour myself emotionally into each week more than the normal fan - be it rooting for the Jets or for my fantasy teams.  My football season starts in March with free-agency, then April with the draft, and I really start getting into it during camps then ramp it up from there.  Once fantasy football season is over and the Jets have been eliminated, I'm emotionally and sometimes physically exhausted.

I may tune in for part of the Superbowl this year, but there is no way I'll sit there and watch any of these four teams from start to finish.

663029[/snapback]

Wow, you know it's just a game right? :D

And based on the fact that you stop watching when the Jets get eliminated I'm guessing you haven't seen much January football in the last 36 years. :D

Wow, you know it's just a game right? :D

And based on the fact that you stop watching when the Jets get eliminated I'm guessing you haven't seen much January football in the last 36 years. :D

663053[/snapback]

Sadly, you're right. I haven't seen much post-season football in the past 36 years.

I was one year old when the Jets last won the Superbowl.

My father (God rest his soul), got the ultimate revenge on me for everything bad I did when I was a kid - he made me a Jets fan. That is a cross I will have to bear for the rest of my life.

I now live in Connecticut, so I'm now around alot of Red Sox fans. So, I know that believing in the impossible is not impossible. I realize that there will likely be more days like last Saturday when my two boys (ages 5 and 2) and I don our Jets' spamshirts and endure another excruciating loss. But I cling to the belief that there will be a light at the end of this seemingly endless tunnel.

All I can do now is hope, and believe.

Hey Easy N Dirty, you have nothing to be ashamed of, I found a replay of the Steelers - Jets game for you to enjoy.... It is listed below, except the colors are reversed:

:D

Edited by Menudo

I've been a "die hard" Seahawks fan for over twenty years, but live in Charlotte. So I understand those who bleed for one team but casually root for another. If I want to attend football games, Bank of America stadium is a great venue to do it and the Carolina fans are great to be around.

But you better believe I don't miss a snap of any Hawks games! (Thanks to Tivo and the NFL ticket) :D

My question to the forum is:

Have you noticed that fantasy football has made you fans of multiple other teams players over the years? I find myself rooting for players that I've had on past rosters.

Must be FF sickness... :D

Have you noticed that fantasy football has made you fans of multiple other teams players over the years? I find myself rooting for players that I've had on past rosters.

Must be FF sickness...  :D

663473[/snapback]

I think this is the reason I simply can't let go of Travis Henry as a starting RB. I drafted him in 2002, everyone laughed at me, and then I laughed right back at them 16 weeks later . . . he's my boy.