[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not in our house !

Menudo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm telling him that he has no right to tell me what kind of fan I am, which I'm entitled to do.

662881[/snapback]

Of course you do - but you based it, in part, on the fact that he has no football team in his state. That's what I don't get. Moving on.

but you based it, in part, on the fact that he has no football team in his state.  That's what I don't get.

662887[/snapback]

No, I just wanted to throw a little jab at someone who thinks he has the right to tell me what kind of fan I am. That obviously had nothing to do with my argument.

No, I just wanted to throw a little jab at someone who thinks he has the right to tell me what kind of fan I am.  That obviously had nothing to do with my argument.

662895[/snapback]

So Bill, does it stop at two, or can you have more than two teams that you are a die-hard fan for ? Like the post above, can someone be a die-hard fan of the Steelers, Patriots, Eagles, and Falcons. None of them are in the same division. Maybe this person grew up in Pittsburgh, but has sinced lived in the other three cities. Can this person be a die-hard of all 4 teams ?

Exactly.

In fact if it ever comes down to a Colts against the Cowboys matchup, I will always root for the Cowboys to beat the Colts. And I definitely plan to where my Cowboys attire if they ever play Indy in Indy.

662873[/snapback]

Thank you. And congratulations - you are a diehard Cowboys fan (who has a rooting interest in the Colts).

So Bill, does it stop at two, or can you have more than two teams that you are a die-hard fan for ?  Like the post above, can someone be a die-hard fan of the Steelers, Patriots, Eagles, and Falcons.  None of them are in the same division.  Maybe this person grew up in Pittsburgh, but has sinced lived in the other three cities.  Can this person be a die-hard of all 4 teams ?

662906[/snapback]

I don't root for more than two teams in any sport. But unlike Vet, I don't proclaim to make the Rules of Fandom, so I can't really answer your question.

In case you're interested, here are the other teams that I root for...

MLB

AL: White Sox (been a die-hard fan for 23 years)

NL: Cardinals (been a fan for 20 years)

NHL

Former Blackhawks fan. Bill Wurtz pissed me off too many times, so I've been a Maple Leafs fan for the past five years.

NBA

Nobody

Thank you.  And congratulations - you are a diehard Cowboys fan (who has a rooting interest in the Colts).

662911[/snapback]

Funny, I never claimed to be a "die-hard" fan of the Colts, who I've only followed for the past six years.

So, why am I not in this category as well, Mr. "I Make the Rules of Fandom?"

Funny, I never claimed to be a "die-hard" fan of the Colts, who I've only followed for the past six years.

So, why am I not in this category as well, Mr. "I Make the Rules of Fandom?"

662920[/snapback]

Well then, it seems this whole thread has been for naught.

Swerski is a diehard Bears fan, who has a rooting interest int he Colts.

Nothing wrong with that.

Try asking me a few questions before labeling me next time, blowhard.  :D

662924[/snapback]

I'd come out there and kick your a$$ personally, but I'm not sure if I should fly into Chicago or Indianapolis.

I'd come out there and kick your a$$ personally, but I'm not sure if I should fly into Chicago or Indianapolis.

662929[/snapback]

LOL! Internet tough guy. :D

Again, you're making the "assumption" that you could kick my ass. And, as this thread has clearly shown, you aren't doing very well with assumptions today. :D

LOL!  Internet tough guy.  :D

Again, you're making the "assumption" that you could kick my ass.  And, as this thread has clearly shown, you aren't doing very well with assumptions today.  :D

662933[/snapback]

I'm very confident that it's a safe assumption.

Vet, if you're such a diehard fan, do you stop watching football if you team does not make the playoffs?

I'm a diehard football fan and a loyal Detroit Lions fan.

662962[/snapback]

Actually, yes I usually do stop watching football after the Jets are eliminated.

As a diehard fan, I'm too emotionally exhausted to watch any football after my team, the one and only team that I root for, has been eliminated.

I did not watch any of the remaining three divisional championship games after the Jets lost on Saturday aftermoon - I was too devistated to watch football.

I have not recovered enough to watch football this weekend. Frankly, I have no rooting interest in any of the games, so (unless I place a wager on the games) I will not watch. I may check NFL.com from time to time to catch the score, but I absolutely will not watch a single play.

You see, I am a diehard Jets fan. I live and die with my team. That loss last week was emotionally draining for me. I am still emotionally exhausted from that game. I have no dog in the fight this week, so - no, won't watch.

I won't watch the Superbowl either unless I'm at a party and have hade a few beers in me.

Actually, yes I usually do stop watching football after the Jets are eliminated.

As a diehard fan, I'm too emotionally exhausted to watch any football after my team, the one and only team that I root for, has been eliminated.

I won't watch the Superbowl either unless I'm at a party and have hade a few beers in me.

662982[/snapback]

I guess that the rest of Huddle members aren't quite as "die-hard" as Vet, the self-proclaimed King of All Fans. :D

I did not watch any of the remaining three divisional championship games after the Jets lost on Saturday aftermoon - I was too devistated to watch football.

I have not recovered enough to watch football this weekend.  Frankly, I have no rooting interest in any of the games, so (unless I place a wager on the games) I will not watch.  I may check NFL.com from time to time to catch the score, but I absolutely will not watch a single play.

You see, I am a diehard Jets fan.  I live and die with my team.  That loss last week was emotionally draining for me.  I am still emotionally exhausted from that game.  I have no dog in the fight this week, so - no, won't watch.

662982[/snapback]

While I'd probably feel the same way if the Pats lost, I'd continue to watch b/c 1) I'm a fan of football in general and 2) I'd still be rooting for the guys who I selected for my playoff league. I've certainly had years in the past where I haven't watched another quarter/inning after my team was eliminated . . .

662982[/snapback]

I am a diehard Steelers fan but am equally a fan of football in general. I will watch football regardless of who it is. It doesnt matter if it is HS, College or Pro.

I couldnt imagine not watching the Superbowl. When was the last time you actually watched the Superbowl from start to finish?