[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, Chris Mohr soon to be unemployed?

Hugh 0ne

First off, congrats to the REAL Pats fans as well as the Eagles fans, for their victories.

I watched both games as an unbiased observer and a few things stood out to me. Granted, I was rooting for the Falcons and Steelers, but only mildly at best.

First of all, the Falcons better fire Chris Mohr immediately. 5 punts for an average of 26 yards. And don't blame it on the wind. When he had the wind in his face he was punting 8 and 18 yards, when he had the wind at his back, and needed to pooch one, he blasts it 10 yards into the end zone. This is a field position game, and he blew it BIG time imo. I actually think if he punts better this could be a closer, possibly different game. And don't get excited Eagles fans, I'm not dissing you, you deserve the win, just making an observation.

Tom Brady is starting to amaze me. Yep, I said it. I was NEVER a fan, but he just wins and makes plays when he has to. Truly impressive. I wouldn't take him over Manning, because I think he's more of a product of his surroundings than Manning is, but when you need a play, Brady makes it.

Also, lastly, I think it will be very interesting to see what the Pats can do next year if they lose BOTH coordinators. With Weis gone, and Crennell most likely moving on, I guess we'll really see what kind of a super genius Belichick is.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

The punts were horrible no question...I wonder what happened to Mora's headset? Either: A. He was pissed off and threw it on the ground and stomped it because they got worked like a 5 year old in Vietnam. B. Maybe it wasn't working? Did he say in the press conference? C. Vick wasn't running the plays they were calling. D. The offensive coordinator was calling plays Mora didn't like?

I certainly agree that Chris Morh was part of the problem yesterday, but how much of the problem is Vick's inability to throw an accurate pass more than five yards? Or is it Peerless Price's inability to get past a player wearing a different color jersey? Or perhaps Greg Knapp is to blame for not calling more crossing routes? The Falcons played yesterday as if the NFC needed some team to participate in the Championship game against the Eagles and the Falcons picked the short straw.

Very disappointing! :D

Both the Eagles and the Patriots looked impressive and I'm excited about being an impartial viewer two weeks from now and watching them play. I guess the Patriots are the early favorite at 6 points? Should be fun.

First off, congrats to the REAL Pats fans as well as the Eagles fans, for their victories.

I watched both games as an unbiased observer and a few things stood out to me. Granted, I was rooting for the Falcons and Steelers, but only mildly at best.

First of all, the Falcons better fire Chris Mohr immediately. 5 punts for an average of 26 yards. And don't blame it on the wind. When he had the wind in his face he was punting 8 and 18 yards, when he had the wind at his back, and needed to pooch one, he blasts it 10 yards into the end zone. This is a field position game, and he blew it BIG time imo. I actually think if he punts better this could be a closer, possibly different game. And don't get excited Eagles fans, I'm not dissing you, you deserve the win, just making an observation.

Tom Brady is starting to amaze me. Yep, I said it. I was NEVER a fan, but he just wins and makes plays when he has to. Truly impressive. I wouldn't take him over Manning, because I think he's more of a product of his surroundings than Manning is, but when you need a play, Brady makes it.

Also, lastly, I think it will be very interesting to see what the Pats can do next year if they lose BOTH coordinators. With Weis gone, and Crennell most likely moving on, I guess we'll really see what kind of a super genius Belichick is.

669109[/snapback]

I agree on most counts, but I take Brady over Manning, as if he had any all pro receivers or the cast that manning does, he would simply never lose.

The guy involves every receiver, makes huge clutch throws, and never gets rattled. I have seen a few huddlers bashing the dink and dunk, but Brady has consistently made perfect deep throws while under pressure his entire career.

The man is simply unreal! Can you imagine the offene with a Harrison, James, Wayne, and Stokley?

I hear ya, Hugh. This is one of the first thoughts I had after the game yesterday...

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=85097

670223[/snapback]

I saw your thread MSaint, it got bumped to the top a little while after I posted. Sorry for the duplicate, or as some huddlers might say:

"Relax, I just logged on"

:D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Somewhere, Scott Norwood is breathing a few sighs of relief...

670183[/snapback]

Doubt it. These guys will be forgotten by all but the most die-hard.

Norwood screwed up on a MUCH bigger stage. (Screwed up is a strong word. Wasn't it a 47 yard FG he missed? And at least he was closer kicking than Manning and Rothlisberger were throwing.)

These guys are never unemployed. They just get recycled to cities where the fans don't yet realize the guy sucks.

Jets fans are down on our punter (Toby Gowan) for some reason. I guarantee you Chris Mohr will be living in a penthouse apartment in Manhattan next year.

Doubt it.  These guys will be forgotten by all but the most die-hard.

Norwood screwed up on a MUCH bigger stage.  (Screwed up is a strong word.  Wasn't it a 47 yard FG he missed?  And at least he was closer kicking than Manning and Rothlisberger were throwing.)

670439[/snapback]

True about the stage being bigger. And no one really thinks about punts (even compared to FGs), as they don't result in points (unless they're returned for TDs, of course).

Brien missed some easy ones, though.

And, in response to Vet's post, following this one, I agree... these guys will always find jobs. Shame they can't all PERFORM in their jobs like Vinatieri, Akers, etc.

I saw your thread MSaint, it got bumped to the top a little while after I posted. Sorry for the duplicate, or as some huddlers might say:

"Relax, I just logged on"

670224[/snapback]

No worries, mine wasn't intended as silly "Hey, I thought of it first" response...only wanted to combine the two threads, even though mine quickly degenerated into a "Vick sucks" rant.

The punts were horrible no question...I wonder what happened to Mora's headset? Either: A. He was pissed off and threw it on the ground and stomped it because they got worked like a 5 year old in Vietnam.  B. Maybe it wasn't working? Did he say in the press conference? C. Vick wasn't running the plays they were calling. D. The offensive coordinator was calling plays Mora didn't like?

669124[/snapback]

What did upset Mora so much? He was pisse d, was it the refs or what?