[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Burress Likely Played His Last Game For Pittsburgh

Menudo

Burress has always frustrated me because he plays smaller than his height.  Time and again he lets the ball come down to his chest, effectively giving up his height advantage, and allowing smaller DBs to go up for the ball and knock it away.  The guy needs to go up for the ball like Moss does in jump ball situations... not wait for it to come to him.  Plax does this ALL THE TIME and I can't imagine the Steekers coaching staff hasn't addressed it with him.

Regarding the "drop" in the AFCC game yesterday.... it would have been a tough catch, but one I expect Steeler WRs to make.... especially when that WR thinks he's being underutilized.... catch the *** ball and you'll get more opportunities.  Further, he NEVER makes that catch so the call was frusrating to begin with, then while the ball is in the air I know Plax isn't going to catch it, then he does infact follow through and not come down with the ball like he does all to often... it was soooo predictiable that he wouldn't catch it.

Anyway, in short... I think they can do without a WR who complains and does nothing more than stretch the field and NOT make the tough catch, while displaying horrible ball skills and giving up his height advatngage.

670612[/snapback]

Granted, this is a comment I heard from the one of the commentators during the game, but they mentioned that Burress had told Roethlisberger that if he is in the end zone being defended, throw the ball up and he would get it. Perhaps I heard that wrong.

But that no-catch, yes, it would have been tough, but he should have caught it. That is the type of pass that I would think Plax would be expecting if he indeed made that comment to Roethlisberger. Roethlisberger was using Plax's height advantage and got it over the defender between Plax and him.

I agree (Wow!, don't tell anyone)

When I read the article, it appeared to be just that to me, frustration.  I don't follow the Steelers, but if you guys are gonna take these quotes and start the "Good Riddance" train, you need anti-sensitivity training.  Again, this article is all I've seen......but Geezaloo, this guys got nothin' on Corey Dillon (you remember him, the new poster boy for TEAM football).  Frustration in Cincinnati was justified, NO DOUBT, but Dillon went to great lengths before, during and after he signed a MEGA-deal.

Well then there's no doubt that his new team will be.......the Seattle Seahawks.

670430[/snapback]

Hey lets not get personal here :D Seattle doen't need anymore WR's with Dropsieitus. We will take a pass on Mr. Plexico. :D

Sorry but that pass in the end zone yesterday hit both of his hands look at it again in slo-mo.

This year he sat out for five games and was a disruptive influence during preseason if you remember.

They won five games without him during the regular season then let's try it for sixteen next year.

You can have him Club...and Plexico don't let the door hit ya.......

Burress is a punk, a whiner and a total <pauses><whispers>what, we can get him on the Ravens if he's a FA?</whispers></pauses>.

Uh, he's just a young kid with good talent, I'm sure with proper coaching and mentoring (Ray's foot up his arse), he'll come around. Maybe we should give the young man a chance?

Ummm.....doesn't "physical ability" include the ability to hold onto the ball?

Every time I see this guy he's dropping passes.

670378[/snapback]

Exactly, like how about the one in the endzone last weekend? Sure it would have been a nice catch, but he got up for the ball, and it went off his hands...a bigtime receiver comes down with that ball in the conference championship game, end of story.

Edit: because I just made it over to the 2nd page and saw that JackShi already made that point...in that case, I agree completely with him on it. :D

Edited by Skrappy1