[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raiders tab Lamont?

Guest Sores

great signing...he runs alot and is built alot like Ricky Williams..as many have pointed out im sure, Kerry got really comfy in this offense..Norv now has the personnel to work with...guy he can pound it with and run play action off..the receivers..the qb with a big arm..should be interesting

that being said...i wonder how a jet fan feels about this..was he worth the 2nd rounder in 01..i mean thats 4 years ago..and it was nice to have a guy you feel very comfortable with to backup Curtis and spell him( i know he earned himself a spot in the doghouse a few times..but everytime i saw him hit the field i was impressed)..but hes gone..for nothing...was it worth it?

O.K., the Raiders are beginning to scare me a little.... :D

718612[/snapback]

Why? You don't win if you can't play D. They are not getting any better on D. They will either score or punt and then watch while LT pounds the ball for 10 minute drives. THAT is how they used to beat us in the Coryell days.

I think it makes their offense better, but it does not improve their team, and might weaken it by adding a cancer and putting more pressure on the defense. With an offense like that, there is often a problem of scoring "too quicK". Also more bad things can happen when you throw the ball than run it!

EDITED TO ADD:

Lamont is not a proven starter. He might pan out, but he is already an older back with little experience. RIding the pine behind a star like CuMar can do things to your head.

Edited by McBoog

Yes, but they're also the same kind of numbers that Priest Holmes posted as a backup in Baltimore.

719360[/snapback]

Priest had substantial time as the starter as well as a 1,000 yard season as a Raven. Fewer questions regarding his full time starter ability. Also, the Chiefs did not name him the starter until week 4 his first year I believe. They still gave Richardson a chance.

Oakland has handed Jordan the starters job.

I think it makes their offense better, but it does not improve their team,

719429[/snapback]

You are right in that the D is a concern but the Raiders D was second to last in points given up and 30th in yards given up. The Raiders offense was also the worst in time of possession. They only held the ball 26:47 the next worst offense was Detroit with 28:13.

That is the key to me is time of possession. There are few defenses that can maintain when they are on the field the majority of the time.

If the Raiders offense becomes more consistent and can stop going 3 and out all the time that will make them a better team. The best defense is one that isn't on the field all the time. Give them a chance to rest and not wear down in the 4th quarter. It's also will be nice playing with a lead something the defense didn't get too often last year. A 10 point or 14 point lead takes some teams out of their running games; I would rather deal with Jake Plummer, Trent Green and Drew Brees throwing than LT, Priest Holmes and the latest Denver RB running the ball.

I think this does improve their team we'll see just how good this Charger defense is when it has to worry about a more dynamic offense with multiple ways to move the ball...........

I am sort of surprised a little. This is supposed to be a fairly rich RB draft this year though I suppose signing Jordan does not preclude them from grabbing a RB mid-round or so. Jordan was only a second rounder when he was drafted.

Jordan will work out nicely for the Raiders, as a Jets fan, I have no doubt he is an every down back. The mistake that was made was not trading him to Oakland last year, where they could have gotten something back. Yes, he was more than just useful last year, but..... I think Jordan may be a FF disappointment next year with the Raiders. I'm not saying he'll bust, but I'm not sure he can crack the top ten on the RB lists. The only reason for that is I don't think he gets more than 20 carries a game. More like 20 touches, in that offense. If he does have a good year FF-wise, it will be because his avg/carry could be high.

Moss and Porter will be screaming for the ball, and I don't know if there is enough ball to go around. I also think the Raiders will be in a lot of shootouts, often playing catch up. That could limit Jordan's touches.