[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whose Gonna Stop the Raiders

The Stoner

Haven't the Raiders had a hard-on for Jordan for a long time, like over a year? What makes them think that he will be that good? I realize he is probably better than the turd trio they had there last year, but what are they basing there speculation of his talent on? Am I missing something underlying in his statisitcs with the Jets?

Haven't the Raiders had a hard-on for Jordan for a long time, like over a year?  What makes them think that he will be that good?  I realize he is probably better than the turd trio they had there last year, but what are they basing there speculation of his talent on?  Am I missing something underlying in his statisitcs with the Jets?

720998[/snapback]

I don't think you're necessarily missing anything, he has shown some flashes but nothing to indicate he will definitely be an exceptional player. I think he just fits the profile of back that Norv Turner was looking for though...he is a big heavy guy with very good speed for his size (he's not that tall, just big generally).

Edit: Oh, and to answer your first question, yes, the Raiders have been trying to trade for Jordan for the past couple of seasons...they would have had him last year had they been willing to part with a 2nd round pick, but they would only offer a 3rd.

Edited by Skrappy1

I'll tell you whose going to stop the Raiders, Randy Moss! I'm happy for all of you Raider fans out there, but just wait. You'll really be enjoying him when he is the biggest part of your game plan and then when you need him to step up the most, that's when he decides he doesn't want to play. I will gaurantee anyone the Vikings will be better than the Raiders next year, maybe not their offense, but the Vikings will have a better TEAM!!!!!!

Oakland gets the 4th place schedule, Denver and Kansas City have some serious questions on both sides of the ball. San Diego gets a 1st place schedule.....

I don't think it's out of the realm at all that the Raiders win the division next year.

720956[/snapback]

The "4th place schedule" is now overrated, since every team now plays 4 games against each of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place teams.

Jordan is better than most people give him credit for. He is a big back, but has burst and can catch the ball and pick up the blitz as good as anyone. I just wonder if there will be enough ball in Oakland for him to prove himself. Turner likes the dump off, and Jordan is very good at that. Everyone likes to point to his numbers coming late in games, but he was also a very valuable special teams guy. I just dont like any player that is on the same team as Moss. He may behave himself for the first year though....

Jordan is better than most people give him credit for. He is a big back, but has burst and can catch the ball and pick up the blitz as good as anyone. I just wonder if there will be enough ball in Oakland for him to prove himself. Turner likes the dump off, and Jordan is very good at that. Everyone likes to point to his numbers coming late in games, but he was also a very valuable special teams guy. I just dont like any player that is on the same team as Moss. He may behave himself for the first year though....

721751[/snapback]

Very well said he is similar to Steven Jackson. :D

Edited by broncosn05