[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How Many Big Ten Teams get in

MikesVikes

The way I see it, they could only take three in order to screw over the Minnesota Gophers. Is there any possible way that they only take three or take more than that and still exclude the Gophers?

Team Big Ten Overall

Ill 15-0 29-0

MI St 12-3 21-5

WI 10-5 19-7

MN 10-6 20-9

IN 9-6 14-12

OH St 7-8 18-11

IA 6-9 18-10

Edited by MikesVikes

Usually, 20 and 10 has been more than enough to get a team into the dance.

I think MN is in.

Puddy, I think Ohio State has banned the team from any post season action.

Imagine that, cheaters doing the right thing.

722059[/snapback]

Doh. Forgot about that. As a Michigan fan that really breaks me up.

I would think 20 wins would get Minnesota in. However, they are the only team in Big 10 history to go 10-6 in conference play and NOT get in, which happened just a couple of years ago. The only thing that scares me is that they are more than likely going to play Indiana in the first round of the Big 10 tournament. If Indiana beats them, I could see the selection committee deciding not to select either team, especially since Minnesota had no impressive wins outside of the conference. I don't think there is any way Indiana gets in and not Minnesota, but at the same time, I can't see them both getting in either, considering how weak everybody says the Big 10 is this year.

I personally think the Big 10 may not be as strong, top to bottom, as some years, but they still will make some noise in the tournament. I expect two or three Big 10 teams in the Sweet 16, just like any other year. On the other hand, I don't think Illinois would have gone undefeated in the SEC, ACC, Big East, or Big 12 this year. As impressive as their season has been, I think they benifited somewhat from the bottom half of the conference being "watered down."