[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Browns Spring Cleaning Continues

Big Score 1

Browns to cut DE Brown if they can't restructure deal

March 12, 2005

SportsLine.com wire reports

"CLEVELAND -- Injury-plagued defensive end Courtney Brown will be released on Monday by the Cleveland Browns if the club is unable to restructure the former No. 1 overall draft pick's contract.

If the 26-year-old is released, he will be the third underachieving first-round draft pick cut loose by the Browns in the past eight months.

Before last season, the Browns released quarterback Tim Couch, the expansion team's No. 1 pick in 1999. Defensive tackle Gerard Warren, the No. 3 pick in 2001, was traded to Denver this month for a fourth-round draft choice.

Cleveland also is looking to trade running back William Green, the team's first-round selection, 16th overall, in the 2002 draft."

www.sportsline.com

And the dismantling of the Butch Davis era continues. :D:D

Good to see. At least they are trying to restructure the whole program and start from scratch.

731480[/snapback]

Yeah you could look at it that way but I think after all these high draft picks that haven't panned out you have to start looking at the organization.

1999 Tim Couch

2000 Courtney Brown

2001 Gerard Warren

2002 William Green

2003 Jeff Faine

2004 Kellen Winslow

Couch and Brown were the #1 overall picks and they didn't work out. Warren looks like he might be gone. Willliam Green hasn't done anything. Don't know much about Faine and Winslow pretty much wasted last season.

If I were in the draft I would be praying not to get drafted by the Browns............

Yeah you could look at it that way but I think after all these high draft picks that haven't panned out you have to start looking at the organization.

1999 Tim Couch

2000 Courtney Brown

2001 Gerard Warren

2002 William Green

2003 Jeff Faine

2004 Kellen Winslow

Couch and Brown were the #1 overall picks and they didn't work out.  Warren looks like he might be gone.  Willliam Green hasn't done anything.  Don't know much about Faine and Winslow pretty much wasted last season.

If I were in the draft I would be praying not to get drafted by the Browns............

731554[/snapback]

Exactly. I guess I should have expanded more and said that the Davis regime really set this organization back, not to mention the whole front office, and at this point they might as well restructure and move on.

1999 Tim Couch

2000 Courtney Brown

2001 Gerard Warren

2002 William Green

2003 Jeff Faine

2004 Kellen Winslow

Couch and Brown were the #1 overall picks and they didn't work out.  Warren looks like he might be gone.  Willliam Green hasn't done anything.  Don't know much about Faine and Winslow pretty much wasted last season.

731554[/snapback]

Yep. :D

Warren looks like he might be gone.

731554[/snapback]

FYI

He is gone.

The very first post in this thread tells you that;

Defensive tackle Gerard Warren, the No. 3 pick in 2001, was traded to Denver this month for a fourth-round draft choice.

731458[/snapback]

There's also more on the Warren trade here;

forums.thehuddle.com - Gerrard Warren, Traded...

They traded him and all his salary, to the Broncos for a 4th rd pick a coupla' weeks ago.

Which they then traded to Seattle for Trent Dufus last week.

More on how the Browns used the 4th they got for Warren here;

forums.thehuddle.com - Uh...., Dilfer to the Browns

and here;

forums.thehuddle.com - 1.03 Pick becoming clearer for the Browns?

Phenom.......in the future......

please keep up with the rest of us would ya! :D:D:D:D

Davis killed us. He's the reason we are the losingest franchise since '99...Sucks for Brown, he was always a classy guy. He had microfracture surgery on his knee a couple seasons ago and never fully recovered.

FYI

He is gone.

The very first post in this thread tells you that;There's also more on the Warren trade here;

forums.thehuddle.com - Gerrard Warren, Traded...

They traded him and all his salary, to the Broncos for a 4th rd pick a coupla' weeks ago.

Which they then traded to Seattle for Trent Dufus last week.

More on how the Browns used the 4th they got for Warren here;

forums.thehuddle.com - Uh...., Dilfer to the Browns

and here;

forums.thehuddle.com - 1.03 Pick becoming clearer for the Browns?

Phenom.......in the future......

please keep up with the rest of us would ya!  :D  :D  :D  :D

732113[/snapback]

Yeah I know. I've been waiting for someone to say that but I was just too lazy to edit it. I was rushing as usual and got Warren and Brown confused........... :D

Yeah I know.  I've been waiting for someone to say that but I was just too lazy to edit it.  I was rushing as usual and got Warren and Brown confused........... :D

732171[/snapback]

Surrrre you did Phenom. Millions wouldn't believe you......but I do :D

Oh yeah looked up Jeff Faine and the Browns have an even worse track record with their 1st round picks than I thought.

http://kffl.com/player/5932/nfl

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the Cleveland Browns coaching staff soured on starting C Jeff Faine late last season and former offensive line coach Larry Zierlein said in a radio interview that backup C Melvin Fowler performed better. General manager Phil Savage said Faine remains the team's starting center, but he acknowledged the interior of the line needs to be upgraded. "I think Jeff needs some guys around him," Savage said. "Any time you have a center on an island, he's in trouble. That is such a glaring need . . . everything is going to begin and end with that interior three-man unit."

So they are pretty much 0-6 drafting. I don't think Garcia is going to be too broken up in getting let go..........

Edited it for ya.... :D

734126[/snapback]

Are you still bitter about Vick handling Favre and the Packers in the playoff's? That was so 2002, let it go man, let it go............

Are you still bitter about Vick handling Favre and the Packers in the playoff's?  That was so 2002, let it go man, let it go............

734180[/snapback]

Yeah, that's exactly it. :D

If you'd just admit your love that dare not speak its name, I'd leave you alone.

Edited by Chavez

Yeah, that's exactly it.  :D

If you'd just admit your love that dare not speak its name, I'd leave you alone.

734182[/snapback]

Admit that I think Vick is an MVP talent? That people are just hating him because the NFL is promoting him?

Go ahead and talk about it, I mean it's well known that the Huddle would probably shut down from seizures if the Falcons won the Super Bowl with Vick as the QB. I know it would be on the news somewhere in Cheeseland, WI, "We can't be sure but the man known as Chavez has choked on his order of cheese fries soon after the end of the Super Bowl. We haven't got a statement from him but he keeps mumbling Not Vick!...Not Vick! Why did it have to be Vick!...... The doctor's aren't sure when he will come out of his catatonic state but the mere mention of Michael Vick's name sends the man into violent seizures and foaming at the mouth. Back to you Craig it's gonna be a long offseason."..........

the Browns are hoping to bring back Courtney at a reduced price. He should give us a check for all the money he's stolen. He's missed 33 games since being drafted. 2 full years plus a game for those who are math challenged...

As sad as i may be to see him go, it was the right move by the FO. The FO has mad a lot of moves that got rid of high paid big name players, the key to all of this is big names players, not talent. This FO is doing everything that the other past FO was afraid to do, with the exception of couch.