[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2005 DRAFT TWO-ROUND PROJECTION

spain

I heard Coach Grudin doing an interview on Sirius NFL Radio, and he sounded like he was drooling when talking about Williams.  And there's no doubt that Griese needs all the help he can get.

733693[/snapback]

TB very well could be interested in williams. But i don't understand why gruden would go on the radio saying how much he loves him. This doesn't really make sense to me. Before my fantasy draft, i don't go onto our sites message board and post the player i'm most interested in for my first pick. i dunno...

I think Braylon Edwards will be the first pick.  The 49s know the importance of a WR who kicks CB asses.

732208[/snapback]

This could very well be. There was a blurb on RotoWorld a few days ago about how Mike Nolan thought he was the draft's best prospect. Kiper (for what its worth) says the same thing.

Plus, take this from a scout at ESPN about the QBs:

"There are two probable top-10 prospects in the group, but neither Aaron Rodgers (Cal) nor Alex Smith (Utah) would have gone ahead of the top three quarterbacks selected in 2004 – Eli Manning (Giants), Philip Rivers (Chargers) and Ben Roethlisberger (Steelers).

Rodgers has elite arm strength and is further along in his development than Kyle Boller was when he left coach Jeff Tedford, but Rodgers doesn't have great size and there are some understandable concerns that he's a product of a passer-friendly system. Those same concerns exist for Smith, who played not only in a wide-open offense at Utah but also in a scheme that primarily used the shotgun.

Smith is a better athlete than Rodgers and has better size, but Smith doesn't have nearly the arm strength Rodgers possesses. In my opinion, both are mid-first-round prospects and Rodgers grades out slightly better when comparing their overall NFL potential. "

I think Barron may go to the Lions at 1.10.  Just a guess, but Backus simply isn't the bookend tackle they were hoping for on the left side.  I could see them drafting Barron, putting him on the right side this year, then flip-flopping him and Backus in 2006.

Also agreed with Rovers that there's no way the first true impact LB in years falls all the way to 1.11.

Peace

policy

733393[/snapback]

I agree. McDougle is a free agent. He'll only come back if he can't catch a pay day somewhere else. LB or OT would be my guesses. I wouldn't be surprised to see DE either. It would probably be easier to list the positions that the Lions won't take in the first round:

QB, RB... is that about it?