[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Post your fantasy baseball teams

whomper

On your first team, I noticed you have Sanchez on your bench.  I drafted him very late in my draft yesterday and then read that he was dropped by the Tigers and picked up by the D-Rays.  Because Crawford is not going to move from the lead-off spot, Sanchez is probably going to bat at the end of the order.  Not good.  FYI.  Your first team is a monster though.  Pujols and Ichiro will be nice anchors.  Solid pitching.  Your second team could be big in the 2nd half... with Berkman and Bonds hurting.  Solid 1-2 punch with Sheets & Huddy, though.  Good luck.

743506[/snapback]

I had dropped him after Detroit did, but picked him back up Saturday when he signed with Tampa Bay. I kind of look at him as being extremely similar to David Roberts from a fantasy perspective. Actually, Sanchez is a .292 career hitter and Roberts only a .259 one. While Roberts is going in the mid-rounds of many drafts, Sanchez is often going undrafted. He has absolutely zero power, so he isn't going to be of any help in HRs or RBIs, but he also won't damage your AVG like Roberts and he can be just as high a stolen base guy...which we all know is the hardest category to find numbers in.

A couple of statistics I find interesting regarding the above point...37 guys hit 30+ HRs last year, but only 12 stole 30+ bases. The comparison between the numbers 20 and 30 is even more disparate as 56 guys hit between 20-29 HR, but only 15 stole between 20-29 SBS. To me that puts finding SBs at a premium, and don't forget, Sanchez did steal 52 bases as recently as 2003...them's big stolen base numbers.

Lou's also batted him second both games since he signed with the Rays, and I'm thinking there's a good chance he will stay there. As a real player, I know he sucks...his SB percentage isn't very good and his defense is flat out horrible. But despite all his faults, he has great speed, can actually handle the stick decently, and doesn't strike out a tremendous amount. You could do a lot worse than him batting in the 2 hole, and as a fantasy player, as long as he has a starting gig he can certainly fill a void. If Tampa ends up trading for another OF, or if Sanchez ends up hitting 9th, I probably won't hold onto him long, but I think he's definitely worth a roster spot for the time being to see how it plays out. Anyhow, just my .02 on the dirty Sanchez, and thanks for your input. Look forward to the Huddle on the Diamond draft. :D

Edited by Skrappy1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had draft #2.

10 team League same scoring as my first league

My Starters

C Posada

1b Ortiz

2b Chone Figgins

ss Michael Young

3b Arod

OF M. Alou

OF B. Giles

OF Garrett Anderson

SP Oswalt

SP Halladay

SP Mussina

RP Nathan

Reserves

C Piersznsky

1b Hillenbrand

2b Chase Utley

3b Wiggington

ss Kaz Matsui

OF Griffey

OF Matt Holliday

SP Buerhlie (bad pick didnt know about the injury)

SP Washburn

RP Hoffman

Im happy with this team.I had the 2 pick.I went Arod because I think he will be comfortable this year.I love Vlad but I had a gut feeling about Arod..We shall see..

Just had draft #2.

10 team League same scoring as my first league

My Starters

C Posada

1b  Ortiz

2b Chone Figgins

ss  Michael Young

3b Arod

OF M. Alou

OF B. Giles

OF Garrett Anderson

SP Oswalt

SP Halladay

SP Mussina

RP Nathan

Reserves

C Piersznsky

1b  Hillenbrand

2b Chase Utley

3b Wiggington

ss Kaz Matsui

OF  Griffey

OF  Matt Holliday

SP Buerhlie  (bad pick didnt know about the injury)

SP  Washburn

RP Hoffman

Im happy with this team.I had the 2 pick.I went Arod because I think he will be comfortable this year.I love Vlad but I had a gut feeling about Arod..We shall see..

744713[/snapback]

Looks good to me. It's apparent that you waited until the later rounds to draft OFs, but I think you came out in good shape - Holliday and Griffey could both pay off pretty big and you may see them in your lineup sooner than later. You've also got 2 very solid players at weak positions (Young & Posada). Pitching looks very strong to me as well.

Here is my 12 team -Head to Head 5 X 5 squad

Had the seventh pick

C - Estrada

1B - D. Ortiz

2B - Polanco

SS - Rollins

3B - Blalock

CI - Dunn

MI - Cuddyer

OF - C. Lee

OF - Podsednik

OF - J. Guillen

Util - C. Crisp

SP - Unit

SP - Sheets

SP - Burnett

SP - Odalis

RP - Nathan

RP - Borowski

P - T. Gordon

P - B. Donnelly

Reserves

Lugo

Mench

C. Burke

Phelps

Affeldt

woody Williams

D. Haren

N. Robertson

Pretty well rounded squad. I use middle relievers to fill my P slots. I have found in the past that this helps my ratios and I vulture enough wins to make up for not throwing two crappy fifth starters in my lineup. If Unit and Sheets stay healthy, my staff should be strength.

Whomper - your second team is lights out!

It is nice to see some guys talking fantsy baseball in here. . it is tough to find a decent baseball forum.

Had the seventh pick

C - Estrada

1B - D. Ortiz

2B - Polanco

SS - Rollins

3B - Blalock

CI - Dunn

MI - Cuddyer

OF - C. Lee

OF - Podsednik

OF - J. Guillen

Util - C. Crisp

SP - Unit

SP - Sheets

SP - Burnett

SP - Odalis

RP - Nathan

RP - Borowski

P - T. Gordon

P - B. Donnelly

Reserves

Lugo

Mench

C. Burke

Phelps

Affeldt

woody Williams

D. Haren

N. Robertson

Pretty well rounded squad. I use middle relievers to fill my P slots. I have found in the past that this helps my ratios and I vulture enough wins to make up for not throwing two crappy fifth starters in my lineup. If Unit and Sheets stay healthy, my staff should be strength.

It is nice to see some guys talking fantsy baseball in here. . it is tough to find a decent baseball forum.

744911[/snapback]

This looks like a team that could compete in a 10 team league - nicely drafted. As I'm sure you know, you're a little weak at 2B (at least for the time being). Will Polanco get enough ABs to be relevant? Will Burke play well? Will he be moved to a utility role after Biggio is moved to 2B upon Berkman's return (which seems to be the likelihood).

We're in the same boat w/r/t Borowski - hopefully Hawkins sucks it up while Joe is out so he has a closing role to return to.

This looks like a team that could compete in a 10 team league - nicely drafted.  As I'm sure you know, you're a little weak at 2B (at least for the time being).  Will Polanco get enough ABs to be relevant?  Will Burke play well?  Will he be moved to a utility role after Biggio is moved to 2B upon Berkman's return (which seems to be the likelihood). 

We're in the same boat w/r/t Borowski - hopefully Hawkins sucks it up while Joe is out so he has a closing role to return to.

744977[/snapback]

Thanks. Yes, 2b is a huge weakness for me, but Lugo qualifies, so that may save me. Polanco has been crushing the ball in the spring and always seems to find ABs. My second closer slot blows too, but every team has a weakness. I think if you have a weakness on a 5 X 5 team this year it should be at closer and 2B. The best payers at these positions go way too high in my opinion and leave value elsewhere. I have my fingers crossed on Joe B. and Affeldt.

744977[/snapback]

Blah. Was wondering what you were talking about here Balzac, so I did a little looking around and saw that he has a crack in his right wrist and is going to miss some time. I'm dumping him in the league I own him. :D

Blah.  Was wondering what you were talking about here Balzac, so I did a little looking around and saw that he has a crack in his right wrist and is going to miss some time.  I'm dumping him in the league I own him.  :D

745041[/snapback]

I'm going to hold onto him and hope they put him on the DL soon (so I can do the same). If they don't do so in the next few days, he's getting axed.

I think he's impressed people enough to earn a crack at closing when he gets back - Hawkins blew way too many opps last year to be a lock to keep the job.

I agree about Jordan, in fact I just traded him for Lance Nix, I hate to take advantage of a newbie, but...

744588[/snapback]

Better hope Mench sucks this season... Nix could be solid. Or did I miss something, is Nix a starter for sure?

Better hope Mench sucks this season... Nix could be solid.  Or did I miss something, is Nix a starter for sure?

745480[/snapback]

He's supposed to start in CF, but he hasn't exactly blown people away this spring. I think Delucci is in LF.

He's supposed to start in CF, but he hasn't exactly blown people away this spring.  I think Delucci is in LF.

745491[/snapback]

Texas outfiled is Mench, Nix and Hidalgo. Delucci and Matthews are backups.

Texas outfiled is Mench, Nix and Hidalgo. Delucci and Matthews are backups.

745686[/snapback]

Whoops - I meant Mench. I get those TEX OFs confused all the time - he, Nix and Delucci are all the same person to me.

Edited by Balzac

Looks good to me.  It's apparent that you waited until the later rounds to draft OFs, but I think you came out in good shape - Holliday and Griffey could both pay off pretty big and you may see them in your lineup sooner than later.  You've also got 2 very solid players at weak positions (Young & Posada).  Pitching looks very strong to me as well.

744889[/snapback]

Thanks.and you are right I did wait until the late rounds for OFs.And I agree that Holliday and griffey may crack the line up really soon.Holliday was my sleeper.I love chone figgins at 2b.I have marcus giles in my hands and the guy right before me took him .I was really high on Victor Martinez but a guy scooped him in the 2nd.

Had the seventh pick

C - Estrada

1B - D. Ortiz

2B - Polanco

SS - Rollins

3B - Blalock

CI - Dunn

MI - Cuddyer

OF - C. Lee

OF - Podsednik

OF - J. Guillen

Util - C. Crisp

SP - Unit

SP - Sheets

SP - Burnett

SP - Odalis

RP - Nathan

RP - Borowski

P - T. Gordon

P - B. Donnelly

Reserves

Lugo

Mench

C. Burke

Phelps

Affeldt

woody Williams

D. Haren

N. Robertson

744911[/snapback]

I like your team .Sheets and Unit is a great one two punch..I liked guillen as a sleeper but waited too long and someone scooped him..Hes a headcase but hes talented.I love Ortiz.Dunn is a great HR threat but Ks an awful lot.You have nice balance though..

I'm going to hold onto him and hope they put him on the DL soon (so I can do the same).  If they don't do so in the next few days, he's getting axed. 

745054[/snapback]

I hear you, closers are like gold in most leagues. If you have the DL space and need a closer, it's probably worth a shot hanging onto him for a bit. This sucks too because I think he had the job wrapped up before this injury. If Hawkins pitches decently though, I'm not sure Borowski will get another chance. I think I remember Dusty saying earlier in camp that he didn't want to be swapping guys in and out or go with a committee...he wanted to pick one guy for the job and leave him there. I already had an abundance of closers clogging my roster in the league I owned Borowski in though, and I was having troubles swinging any kind of useful deals. I dropped Borowski for Biggio earlier today, it sounds like he will probably be getting 2B eligibility back soon, and if so he should be a nice guy to have.

I hear you, closers are like gold in most leagues.  If you have the DL space and need a closer, it's probably worth a shot hanging onto him for a bit.  This sucks too because I think he had the job wrapped up before this injury. If Hawkins pitches decently though, I'm not sure Borowski will get another chance.  I think I remember Dusty saying earlier in camp that he didn't want to be swapping guys in and out or go with a committee...he wanted to pick one guy for the job and leave him there. I already had an abundance of closers clogging my roster in the league I owned Borowski in though, and I was having troubles swinging any kind of useful deals.  I dropped Borowski for Biggio earlier today, it sounds like he will probably be getting 2B eligibility back soon, and if so he should be a nice guy to have.

745894[/snapback]

Agreed on all fronts. Unfortunately, Borowski is only my 2nd closer in one of my leagues - I'm hosed there for the time being. Maybe I'll get lucky and Gagne will miss some time as well, leaving a few saves for my boy Yhency.

10 team/ H2H (2 player keeper league - 1 pitcher/ 1 fielder)

Starters

P Lo Duca C

M Piazza 1B

A Soriano 2B

S Rolen 3B

E Renteria SS

G Sheffield OF

K Griffey OF

S Sosa OF

S Podsednik U

C Pavano SP

J Lieber SP

K Brown SP

M Clement SP

M Mulder SP

F Cordero RP

M Rivera RP

Reserves

J Morneau 1B

P Feliz 3B

L Gonzalez OF

L Hernandez SP

I kept Soriano and Rivera from my team last year. I took some risks on roids and injuries with Sosa and Griffey, but they hung around way too long and I couldn't pass them up.

Starters

P Lo Duca  C

M Piazza  1B

A Soriano  2B

S Rolen  3B

E Renteria  SS

G Sheffield  OF

K Griffey  OF

S Sosa  OF

S Podsednik  U

C Pavano  SP

J Lieber  SP

K Brown  SP

M Clement  SP

M Mulder  SP

F Cordero    RP

M Rivera  RP

Reserves

J Morneau  1B

P Feliz  3B

L Gonzalez  OF

L Hernandez  SP

I kept Soriano and Rivera from my team last year.  I took some risks on roids and injuries with Sosa and Griffey, but they hung around way too long and I couldn't pass them up.

747946[/snapback]

Nice power in that line up and you should see some steals from Sori and Posednick.Morneau may Crack your line up soon.He was everyones sleeper at my 2 drafts.Nice team.

I had my RBI draft Tonight.

Draft 7 count your best 5 strictly rbi totals.No trades free agents .Whoever you draft you keep all year.It is a 9 team league.

1.Miguel Tejada

2.Carlos Beltran

3.Victor Martinez

4.Vernon Wells

5.Phil Nevin

6.Matt Holliday

7.Larry Walker

I had my RBI draft Tonight.

Draft 7 count your best 5 strictly rbi totals.No trades free agents .Whoever you draft you keep all year.It is a 9 team league.

1.Miguel Tejada

2.Carlos Beltran

3.Victor Martinez

4.Vernon Wells

5.Phil Nevin

6.Matt Holliday

7.Larry Walker

748161[/snapback]

Not one weakness holy $hit you got skills I must admit.

Starters

P Lo Duca   C

M Piazza  1B

A Soriano   2B

S Rolen  3B

E Renteria  SS

G Sheffield  OF

K Griffey   OF

S Sosa   OF

S Podsednik  U

C Pavano  SP

J Lieber   SP

K Brown   SP

M Clement   SP

M Mulder  SP

F Cordero    RP

M Rivera   RP

Reserves

J Morneau  1B

P Feliz   3B

L Gonzalez  OF

L Hernandez   SP

747946[/snapback]

I like what I see. Another keeper I have as well is Pedro Feliz who plays 1 and 3.

Edit- Sorry I found it now you have Griffey when are you going to trade/release him?? :D

Edited by broncosn05