[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rod Gardner to the Hawks... Perhaps

Vote Quimby2

Found this on the rumor section of ESPN Insider.

Rod Gardner

Redskins

Seahawks

Browns

Vikings

49ers

Buccaneers

Mar. 23 - The Washington Post indicates at least five teams are interested in trading for Gardner, whom the Redskins have been shopping in recent weeks. But the paper reports Gardner has been reluctant to agree to a long-term contract, which is becoming a deterrent to teams looking to acquire him.

Gardner has one season at $2.097 million left on his contract, and teams reportedly have been reluctant to part with a third-round draft pick – said to be the Redskins' asking price – for a player they could lose after one season.

However, the Post suggests the Seahawks could be more willing to meet Washington's price after receiving a compensatory pick Tuesday. Seattle now has two third-round and two fourth-round picks.

yeah the rumor has been everywhere on local sports radio here, and the big question seems to be if the Hawks are willing to give up a 3rd. Ya know, I'd see if I couldn't give away like a fourth this year and another next, but I think the Seahawks are just too darn thin everywhere else to use a 3rd rounder on a WR.

Say if it happens, it will be a better pickup than Mr. Priceless! My god, it still kills me to this day to watch him(Price) become a zero! Probably one of the bigger disappointments this decade! Off with his head!

748017[/snapback]

As a Hawk fan, I'm still not that excited about this. Yea Koren sucks....but good lord, can't his potential pay off some time? I'm still thinking they need some Defense and a 3rd round LB was probably better than most of the LB's they had last year.