[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Derrick Johnson

CaP'N GRuNGe

I've got to totally disagree here and I've watched this guy quite a bit. Physically, he is an absolute FREAK!.....the guy NEVER wraps up. Its like he doesn't know how. Backs in the NFL don't go down with a shoulder sir.

I've got to totally disagree here and I've watched this guy quite a bit.  Physically, he is an absolute FREAK!.....the guy NEVER wraps up.  Its like he doesn't know how.  Backs in the NFL don't go down with a shoulder sir.

753426[/snapback]

I watched Adrian Peterson run over 200 on the supposedly top ranked D in the land going into that game. Johnson is a freak, but he doesnt wrap up. Thinks he can just hit you and your down. Peterson even ran over him once in that game. He wont be the next Bozworth, but he wont be the next LT either. I seriously hope he and Merriman are gone by 11. The more I look at film on both of them the more I want Dallas to go Erasmus James at 11 and Brodney Pool or Channing Crowder at 20.

I think I said this in another thread.... he will most likely not start in the NFL, except as a situational LB, at least at first. The thing is, he has the tools to be a great one, if he is coachable and can put what I see as an ego problem aside. He needs to mature, mostly mentally. H e strikes me as a kid who thinks he can walk onto an NFL field and own it. He might some day, but he has to learn how to tackle first. He has a rude awakening in his near furutre...lets see how he handles it.