[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Jones?

Tyler Rose

Just read Morts article on ESPN site about this guy and have to admit I had no idea who he was. Any Razorback fans or people who've seen him in action have any input? From the article he sounds like a real deal who can't miss whatever position he decides to play....

he going no later than 2.10, and I hear Dallas may trade down in round 1, at the 1.20 pick to get him. He is from Ark, and Jerry Jones is a former Ark player. Loves players from Ark as Clint Stoerner was the #3 QB for Dallas before he went to the Jones owned Dallas Desperados AFL team and is lighting up that league.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Just read Morts article on ESPN site about this guy and have to admit I had no idea who he was. Any Razorback fans or people who've seen him in action have any input? From the article he sounds like a real deal who can't miss whatever position he decides to play....

763555[/snapback]

A sure sign that the draft is around the corner when you read multiple cliches in one post :D

he sort of reminds me of Randy Moss (in a good way). I agree with everyone else that he will go late first early second just because he has become recognized just lately. If someone can grab him as their second pick, lets say 49ers, that would be great. In the first round he is sort of a risk/reward type player.

The two main drawbacks I have heard on him are a ) He is changing positions and could take some time getting used to playing WR b ) The second one is a concern i have never heard about any other player. It seems some people are worried about his attitide. But the twist here is not that he has a bad attitude, but some GMs feel he is WAY too laid back. I am not sure if they dont think he will not play with a mean streak or if they feel he does not have passion for the game. But as far as the physical tools, he seems to have all of the things that would help a WR succeed at the pro level.

I think if i'm the Vikings I take a hard look at this guy for a possible compliment to Burleson and T Taylor. I know M Robinson is still in town but they'll need someone to play the 6 or 7 games he's hurt for. Of course as a Lions slappy I'd also like to see him in our new 'black' 3rd jersey this season as well!!

I have watched him play a lot and a freind of mine coached him as a grad ass at uaf. If you want a comparison this is the best thing I can conjur, imagine Jevon Kearse with Randy Moss' speed with Warrick Dunn's lateral movement. I know that sounds insane but lookat his size and speed, that sounds like a lie itself.

I have to admit I was never a Jones believer until his junior year but I am now. I honestly think within 3 year he will be a starting QB in the nfl. I don't know that he has the innate skills to play wr and I don't know if he is tough enough to run block. I also feels he has zero chance to play te as he makes shockey's blocking look like tony mandarich.

However the guy is the single greatest athelete I have ever watched, and it aint even close.

A month ago I was hoping the Steelers would grab him with their 2nd or even their 3rd pick, but with his gaining popularity I think they'll have to take him with their 1st if they want him and I'm not sure they would be willing to do that.

Mel Kiper's mock updated 4-4-2005:31. Philadelphia Eagles: Matt Jones, QB/WR, Arkansas

Jones is shooting up the draft board after posting a 4.39 in the 40 at 6-foot-6, 240 pounds. He will have a tough transition to make from quarterback to wide receiver, but a championship-caliber team like the Eagles can afford to give him time to work his way into a new position. He looked like a fifth-round pick after the college season but his great workouts have helped immensely.