[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bucs Sign a WR

Jolly Rodgers

Isn't Ike Hilliard exactly like FredX sans the mouth? Bucs fans had better hope that Galloway can stay healthy this season since they didn't get anyone in the off-season. They definitely need someone to complement Clayton and Galloway seems like the speed guy, or at least he was a few years back.

Isn't Ike Hilliard exactly like FredX sans the mouth?  Bucs fans had better hope that Galloway can stay healthy this season since they didn't get anyone in the off-season.  They definitely need someone to complement Clayton and Galloway seems like the speed guy, or at least he was a few years back.

803754[/snapback]

I think that this is a good signing - he should be a fine no.3

Isn't Ike Hilliard exactly like FredX sans the mouth?  Bucs fans had better hope that Galloway can stay healthy this season since they didn't get anyone in the off-season.  They definitely need someone to complement Clayton and Galloway seems like the speed guy, or at least he was a few years back.

803754[/snapback]

They have some WR's in the organization that they are really high on. However, all our unproven so yeah they only really have Clayton, Galloway, and Ike now. Should be interesting.

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

I don't think Hilliard could get open in a vacant lot anymore. As a Clayton owner, I wish they would have gotten another reciever to take the double off of him. They should have gone after Warrick, or signed a Troy Brown even. When was the last time Galloway played 16 games?

I don't think Hilliard could get open in a vacant lot anymore. As a Clayton owner, I wish they would have gotten another reciever to take the double off of him. They should have gone after Warrick, or signed a Troy Brown even. When was the last time Galloway played 16 games?

803891[/snapback]

You cant double Clayton when Galloway is on the field, he'll burn you. If Galloway can stay healthy look for Clayton to have a huge year. If he is not, look for Clayton to have about the same year as he did last year, which isn't bad. Ike just has catch the ball when he is open and take some pressure off Clayton. As for warrick and troy brown, the Bucs are in salary cap hell. Anything over the vet minimum will bust the budget.

I'm sorry, but if you have to "upgrade" your passing game with Ike Hilliard, that's not good.  IMO, he's an average to below average #3 WR at best.

804009[/snapback]

In FANTASY football yes, that is not good but in REAL football I hardly see Ike Hillard as a below average #3 WR at best. He had 60 catches 2 years ago and 49 last season with a rookie QB throwing him the ball. Average #3, I think not :D

In FANTASY football yes, that is not good but in REAL football I hardly see Ike Hillard as a below average #3 WR at best.  He had 60 catches 2 years ago and 49 last season with a rookie QB throwing him the ball.  Average #3, I think not :D

804046[/snapback]

This is true, but 49 catches with a 8.9 yard/catch average for a #2 WR doesn't impress me. Neither does 60 catches for 600 yards. In 8 years in the league, being a #2 WR for most of that time, he's only gone over 800 yards once. Is he a servicable #3 WR, sure, but that's all he is in my book.

In FANTASY football yes, that is not good but in REAL football I hardly see Ike Hillard as a below average #3 WR at best.  He had 60 catches 2 years ago and 49 last season with a rookie QB throwing him the ball.  Average #3, I think not :D

804046[/snapback]

Hilliard is solid, and was having a pretty nice season in 2003 when he got NAILED on a borderline cheap shot that dislocated his shoulder in Week 10 or so that year.

Frankly, I'd rather have him over Galloway. That overrated, ego driven Buckeye never really showed on the field what he probably has, talent wise. At least with Hilliard you know he's pushing himself...

Ike Hilliard sucks, bottomline. Putting up the numbers that he did as a #2 is pathetic. You cannot say that because of his situation he did not fare well. Other #2s have put up decent numbers with terrible QBs and also after having taken a "cheap shot". Anyone that would rather have Hilliard over Galloway, fantasy or not, is a crackhead!

You can't honestly say that Tampa Bay got better with this pickup!

Edit: changing great to decent.

Edited by Swashbucklers

Ike Hilliard sucks, bottomline.  Putting up the numbers that he did as a #2 is pathetic.  You cannot say that because of his situation he did not fare well.  Other #2s have put up great numbers with terrible QBs and also after having taken a "cheap shot".  Anyone that would rather have Hilliard over Galloway, fantasy or not, is a crackhead! 

804114[/snapback]

Sure you can. Please provide an example of a #2 with a crappy QB putting up what you believe are "great numbers."

And who's the crackhead thinking receivers can put up great numbers with a dislocated shoulder?

804114[/snapback]

What are you talking about? Would you rather have a 5th round pick out of junior college as your #3 WR or Ike Hillard. It is as simple as that. I for one go with the proven Ike Hillard.

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

What are you talking about?  Would you rather have a 5th round pick out of junior college as your #3 WR or Ike Hillard.  It is as simple as that.  I for one go with the proven Ike Hillard.

804133[/snapback]

So you are telling me that there is no one available out there that is better than Hilliard? What ever happened to Charles Lee? Didn't he look good towards the end of the season two years ago?

So you are telling me that there is no one available out there that is better than Hilliard?  What ever happened to Charles Lee?  Didn't he look good towards the end of the season two years ago?

804147[/snapback]

Charles Lee :D now that is funny. Are you now saying you think Charles Lee is better then Ike Hillard? Charles Lee was kicked out of Tampa for having a bad attitude is was recently picked up by Carolina.