[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie Running Backs...

devilwoman

Who will get the rock more this season?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the rock more this season?

• C. Benson
    • R. Brown
    • J.J. Arrington
    • C. Williams

And who are you most excited to see perform. I am a sucker for tears and when the big man Benson shed a few tears he sucked me in. I hope he can get through the season uninjured and produce like a mudder!!! I dont know I just like the guy!

I said Benson, because I think he is the only one of this group that will average 25 carries a game. Brown has to be considered, but who really knows anything about Saban's offensive scheme yet? While I don't expect it, it could be an RBBC thing. I think we'll all have a btter idea after a few preseason games, but right now, I think Benson is the safer play in a redraft league. Dynasty? I'd go with Brown.

I give another nod to Brown ... it's hard to admit but I have a soft spot in my heart for the Phins ... with that said ... IMO he definitely has less competition than each of the other backs going in to camp. MIA's RB situation last year was short of pathetic thanks to Ricky. Brown was said to be stronger and faster than his counterpart at Auburn, plus one review of him I read said that his childhood idol was Barry Sanders. Ya gotta love a rookie RB who idolized Barry growing up. Anyway, I say Brown gets the most opportunities becuase of the situation the Phins are in, plus if they didn't plan on using him there is no way they would have picked him at #2. With that said I think the rest of the field is a toss up ... Caddy may have an opportunity with the Bucs but I believe Pittman still has a little left in his tank and will be pushed with a rookie RB coming in so he could put up some good numbers this year ... notice he did put up decent numbers last year despite missing several games. I like the prospects of JJ Arrington in Arizona because I kind of think they are going to be getting their stuff together this year, but again IF Shipp is healthy and his leg is not bothering him JJ will have to take the spot away from him. Benson obviously will be striving with Thomas Jones who seems to show that he can get the job done most of the time. So there is my reasoning, ... if I had to put them in any type of order I would say ...

Brown

Arrington

Benson

Williams

Edited by 1stimer

... Benson may have an opportunity with the Bucs but I believe Pittman still has a little left in his tank and will be pushed with a rookie RB coming in so he could put up some good numbers this year ... notice he did put up decent numbers last year despite missing several games........Williams obviously will be striving with Thomas Jones who seems to show that he can get the job done most of the time.  So there is my reasoning, ... if I had to put them in any type of order I would say ...

Brown

Arrington

Benson

Williams

812708[/snapback]

Just curious, did you happen to catch the draft? :D

Miami fans don't deserve crap.

Do I have to keep hearing about Shaq during the NBA season? Do I have to hear about the Marlins pitching during the baseball season? Do I have to hear about the Hurricanes during college football season?

Even though they haven't suited up in years, I still have to bear witness to the continual knobslobbery over Marino every time someone suggests a "greatest QB ever". Same goes with Shula when someone brings up "greatest coach ever". And we have to always go through the litany of stories and columnist musings on the '72 Dolphins every time the last undefeated team finally goes down during the football season.

Screw Miami.

That said, Brown's going to be the best of the bunch, but I believe Williams will be the most valuable this season.

Just curious, did you happen to catch the draft?  :D

812890[/snapback]

Are you saying this because I put Arrington above Benson & Caddy? If so, my reasoning is that due to the injury to Shipp last year, I believe Arrington has a better chance of being a starter at the beginning of the season. Just a hunch of mine ... yeah, it's kind of sticking my neck out there but hey ... my hunch on c-mart paid off in my local last year.

I think it has to be Brown.  No other dependable back to steal carries.  Crappy team that needs a star.  Good reciever and blocker to stay in on 3rd.  Powerful, fast mofo.

812576[/snapback]

What he said.

Are you saying this because I put Arrington above Benson & Caddy?  If so, my reasoning is that due to the injury to Shipp last year, I believe Arrington has a better chance of being a starter at the beginning of the season.  Just a hunch of mine ... yeah, it's kind of sticking my neck out there but hey ... my hunch on c-mart paid off in my local last year.

813031[/snapback]

No I am saying that because Benson plays for the Bears and Caddy for the Bucs. :D

No I am saying that because Benson plays for the Bears and Caddy for the Bucs.  :D

813043[/snapback]

Well ... boy do i feel :D ... forgive my momentary lapse into the realm of stupidity, but I still believe that Benson and Caddy will have to work more to rip the starting roles away from the current backs on their teams as both Jones and Pittman had decent years last year and are likely not to just give up and take a back seat. Also, thanks for taking it easy on me and just giving me :D instead of :D ... I will edit my post above

Edited by 1stimer

R Brown still needs to pry the job from Gordon Morrisminor

813186[/snapback]

:D

I hope that was a joke ...

Ok ... here we go ...

Here are the stats

MIA's 3 RB's

Carries Yds Avg Tds Recpts Yds Rec Tds

276 975 3.5 9 48 273 0

Pittman

219 926 4.2 7 41 391 3

T. Jones

240 948 3.95 7 56 427 0

Arizona did not have a RB with stats worth mentioning except Smith who is out of the picture and no current starter with the exception of questionable Shipp and/or non-productive Hambrick.

Miami obviously has the biggest need for RB second to Arizona...IMO.

Edited by 1stimer

:D you just watch!!!  :D

813235[/snapback]

Ok ... I will ...

It was almost as funny as the guy in our local who paid $50 out of his $100 auction waiver money within the first couple weeks to pick up L. Gordon ... That was a riot! Picking a MIA RB was like picking a PIT TE last year ... although it may not be a half bad idea for either this year. We'll have to see.

I'm just kidding. You would be hard pressed to find a bigger Miami homer on this board.

Brown is a stud and will soon be one of the best backs in the league - maybe as soon as this year.

Not only is he already a great blocker from playing second fiddle to Caddi...Gruden said he thought he had the best hands of anyone in the draft.

QB Brees touts Dolphins offensive line coach

By Harvey Fialkov

Staff writer

Posted May 13 2005

FORT LAUDERDALE -- San Diego Chargers quarterback Drew Brees spoke highly Thursday of Hudson Houck, his team's former offensive line coach now in charge of the Dolphins' beleaguered unit.

"He was awesome," Brees said after practicing for the EA Sports NFL Quarterback Challenge on a makeshift field behind the Bahia Mar Beach Resort & Yachting Center. "I think it's amazing that you take five guys who have never played with each other ... and he puts them together and says, `You have four months to become one of the best offensive lines in this league.'

"That's a huge challenge, and Coach Houck was a huge part of that."

Brees, 26, went from almost losing his job to rookie Philip Rivers to earning Pro Bowl honors while playing behind Houck's revamped offensive line, which included two rookies.

"When you know what you're doing, you're going to be more confident, and those guys knew what they were doing because Coach Houck made sure," Brees said.

The Chargers' offensive line allowed 20 sacks, fourth-fewest in the league. Miami allowed 52.

Edited by Duchess Jack

QB Brees touts Dolphins offensive line coach

By Harvey Fialkov

Staff writer

Posted May 13 2005

FORT LAUDERDALE -- San Diego Chargers quarterback Drew Brees spoke highly Thursday of Hudson Houck, his team's former offensive line coach now in charge of the Dolphins' beleaguered unit.

"He was awesome," Brees said after practicing for the EA Sports NFL Quarterback Challenge on a makeshift field behind the Bahia Mar Beach Resort & Yachting Center. "I think it's amazing that you take five guys who have never played with each other ... and he puts them together and says, `You have four months to become one of the best offensive lines in this league.'

"That's a huge challenge, and Coach Houck was a huge part of that."

Brees, 26, went from almost losing his job to rookie Philip Rivers to earning Pro Bowl honors while playing behind Houck's revamped offensive line, which included two rookies.

"When you know what you're doing, you're going to be more confident, and those guys knew what they were doing because Coach Houck made sure," Brees said.

The Chargers' offensive line allowed 20 sacks, fourth-fewest in the league. Miami allowed 52.

813285[/snapback]

I'm still sad he left!! :D He is a GREAT o-line coach!!! :D Brown will surely benefit from his presence on the coaching staff!