[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The double (or) triple post

Rovers

OK, here is what I experienced today.... started a new topic. It seemed the board just froze up, after I got 3 or 4 of those green bars which used to indicate if the new topic loaded. Even when going "back" on my browser, the topic wasn't there, and didnt show up until I opened a whole new window. then, to my chagrin, i saw it posted 3 times. When posting a new topic, it seems the server is unable to return you. just fyi.

PS: on this new topic, it worked fine, and it was fast.

Edited by Rovers

I posted a new topic in the Tailgate today, and what I described in my first post happened again. The window just froze, with about 4 green bars. This time, i opened a new browser window, and found the new topic was indeed, posted. I returned to the window that I started the new topic, and it was still frozen. I just closed it. I think this is where the double posting are coming from.... people hit the "post new topic button" again, thinking it didnt work. You can also hit the preview button, and go back, while it's locked up, and the "post new topic" button is not "darkened". I hope this info helps out some.

Once you hit 'post', it posts even if the page appears to be doing not much. This is my experience anyway. so try this:

1. Try to post something, and click 'post' when finished.

2. Let your computer "freeze"

3. Return to Tailgate and see if your post made it.

follow?

I follow, but that doesnt change the fact that it isnt (wasnt?) working right. When there isnt a server glitch, it should take you back to the topic, not freeze. I am not posting this as a complaint, i was hoping this might help point to all (some) of the recent server issues.

I follow, but that doesnt change the fact that it isnt (wasnt?) working right. When there isnt a server glitch, it should take you back to the topic, not freeze. I am not posting this as a complaint, i was hoping this might help point to all (some) of the recent server issues.

821385[/snapback]

Well aware and have the geeks determining what the problem is.