[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dolphins

spain

Does anybody think that Frerotte will win the starting job for Miami this year?

837181[/snapback]

Its a possibility.... he is reunited with his old OC from Minnesota. I don't think Feeley got a fair shot last season, but with Saban now in charge, he is probably going to open it up to competition and let the best man win.

My best guess:

(1) the Phins OL gels and makes significant progress from last year's debacle.

(2) Frerotte wins the starting job during training camp, and holds on to it as long as he stays healthy.

(3) Brown starts at RB, but is spelled by Ricky come October. Both end up in the 700-800 yard area.

:D Can you even believe that you typed that sentence!  Miami fans must be thrilled with that choice.

837340[/snapback]

I know, I know. But Big Rocks hit on a couple of the reasons why Frerotte may actually win the starting job. I get the feeling that not only will Saban open up the QB competition, but that he already doesnt like Feeley. It must really suck to be a dolphins fan these days..

I know, I know.  But Big Rocks hit on a couple of the reasons why Frerotte may actually win the starting job.  I get the feeling that not only will Saban open up the QB competition, but that he already doesnt like Feeley.  It must really suck to be a dolphins fan these days..

837443[/snapback]

Saban has already mentioned that Ferotte has the nod at this point. This only comes from his familiarity with Linehan's offense. As far as being a Fins Fan, last year was actually easier to swallow than the 2 previous years. Not making the playoffs because of Wanny's ineffective and conservative play calling was worse than.....well I will just leave that unsaid!

Mabye the NFL will change the schedule slightly so MIA and SF can play each other every week! :doah:

837456[/snapback]

I wonder, if they televised those games, how many people would watch... :D

I hope Feeley starts...for a 2nd (cost of Edge, Alexander and 2 Henrys - he better)

He got progressively better last year. It was a new system for him and the oline and running game were terrible. His performance last year needs to be taken with a grain of salt. On that note - Fiedler also had his worst year as a Miami starter of his career - and as bad as he has been, he was never that bad.

Not only did Feeley get stronger - he showed some grit, getting sacked every other play - getting a shot on the sideline and performing.

Hopefully Feeley will not start because he is the better of the two, but because he has something to offer.

Opening day will have Gus behind center. Feeley is gonna have to learn a new offense once again and from the looks last year, he's a slow learner. The kid has some skills for sure and watching him take beating after beating, he has heart but I don't think he'll be ready to start come Sept. Gus has been under new OC Scott Lineham's system for 2 years and he's comfortable with the terminology. This will give him an edge going through pre-season. Unless he gets hurt, Gus will be the starter.

At least for week 1.