[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trolling for potential owners.

My local 12 team performance league is in need of one more owner ...

2004 MFL page

2005 MFL page

League forum ... which nobody really uses but me, to post informational stuff

2004 League Rules. Several rules changes have passed that haven't been added to the rules, including the addition of a starting TE in our lineup requirements. With the addition of the TE position the TE scoring will change from last year where they got 2 points per reception (WRs got 1) to this year where they score the same as WRs.

League scoring rules

The league has been around a long time

1992 Blitzkrieg

1992 Spastic Amoebas

1993 Cereal Killers

1994 Jocks and Socks

1994 Armed Forces

1997 Walking Sideways

2000 Every Penny's Wurth

2002 Can't Remember manure

2003 Sleeps with Fishes

2003 Spare Tires

2003 Pimp Juice

2004 El Valluco

I've been in this league since '92, been the commissioner since the mid 90's. We are losing Walking Sideways, a member since 1997, due to a pending matrimonial ceremony in September (what was he thinking). We have a strong core of owners that have been with the league (five) 10+ years. It also looks like the ownership has pretty much settled down for the remainder of the owners as well.

We are looking for an owner that intends to stick around, another core owner.

You'd have to be able to attend the draft (at my home) live, some time in August (date hasn't been finalized yet).

This post is checking for interest. Because you respond here does not ensure you a spot. The spot may be awarded to a friend of an existing owner. I am polling to gage the interest of local Huddlers.

Edited by Grits and Shins

The guy is quitting a league he's been in since 1997 because he's getting married a month after the draft?

I must be missing something...like maybe a wedding shower he can't get out of or something?!?!

The guy is quitting a league he's been in since 1997 because he's getting married a month after the draft?

I must be missing something...like maybe a wedding shower he can't get out of or something?!?!

861919[/snapback]

I expect the honeymoon will get in the way ... he has made it very clear he wants to return in the 2006 season. He will be more then welcome back in 2006 if we have an opening (of course we've had at least 1 opening every year since I've been in the league ... this year would have been the 1st with no turnover except this yahoo decides to get married during football season).

His buddy, Armed Forces, has won the SB the last 2 years running  :D

And he did it from a jail cell!  He finished the 2003 season in jail and was in jail the whole 2004 season!

Marriage isn't a whole lot different than a prison, right?

861940[/snapback]

Jail will give ya a lot more time without being nagged. You could really concentrate more on FF in jail without the wife nagging about why you're spending so much time on the computer. It's no surprise he's won it from jail. :D

• 3 weeks later...