[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will be the next LT2?

3WZ

HAHA I love when people talk and don't have any idea what they are talking about.  The Titans have a bad O-line?  Thats why they kept everyone except Fred Miller.  Not to mention the 6-7 beast that was drafted 2nd round to take his spot.  And Brown runs far too upright?  Why don't you tell Eric Dickerson that.  If you put film of Brown running, and Dickerson running, it's like a mirror image.  Bottom line is he has to stay healthy.  If he can, he'll be a top RB.

868669[/snapback]

Did you forget Primetime's first reply to darin?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, one of LT2's strengths is his durability, so he would have to pull a Fred Taylor to be compared to Tomlinson.  But I agree that, in terms of raw talent, the two can probably be mentioned in the same sentence.

871286[/snapback]

You will notice that I mentioned Fred Taylor's 3 consecutive injury-free seasons.

You will notice that I mentioned Fred Taylor's 3 consecutive injury-free seasons.

871291[/snapback]

Actually, I don't have time to read through all eight pages of this stupid thread, so I didn't.

But Taylor's precedent certainly gives Brown a chance, albeit a long one.

871291[/snapback]

Didn't Taylor get hurt at the end of last year? That's not 3 consecutive injury-free seasons. . .

Actually, I don't have time to read through all eight pages of this stupid thread, so I didn't.

But Taylor's precedent certainly gives Brown a chance, albeit a long one.

871294[/snapback]

Anyone's chance to replace LT atop the fantasy draft is a long one, Chris Brown's included. But that doesn't make it a ludicrous comment deserving of childish insults, like this darin would have you think.

Who says I forgot that???

871292[/snapback]

You implied that darin threw the first "insult". When in fact, FIRST, Primetime quoted darin and then said he had no idea what he was talking about. . .

Didn't Taylor get hurt at the end of last year?  That's not 3 consecutive injury-free seasons. . .

871295[/snapback]

Well, he started 48 consecutive games, which is the equivalent of 3 straight seasons. It started at the end of one season and went until the end of last year.

He deliberately misinterpreted (or is too dumb to understand) that the comparison to Dickerson was one of running style, not of overall production.

871284[/snapback]

Hey Assmaster, lighten up. You are taking yourself, any insults flung at you (call it a rite of passage), and the discussion as a whole waaaaay too seriously.

Learn to feel the love. Skins is a good tutor. He will show you the ropes of hot man-on-man love so you can learn to successfully integrate yourself both into him ( :D ) and the huddle community. Stop doing your best to earn a bad nickname :D

This thread will shortly be getting a little :D action anyways.

:D

Well, he started 48 consecutive games, which is the equivalent of 3 straight seasons.  It started at the end of one season and went until the end of last year.

871299[/snapback]

No he didn't. He started 16 consecutive games in '02 and '03 and then played 14 in '04. He missed the last 14 games of the '01 season.

No he didn't.  He started 16 consecutive games in '02 and '03 and then played 14 in '04.  He missed the last 14 games of the '01 season.

871302[/snapback]

I guess it was 46 consecutive games, not 48. Same difference, it is still a formidable streak for "fragile fred"

I guess it was 46 consecutive games, not 48.  Same difference, it is still a formidable streak for "fragile fred"

871303[/snapback]

But was Fragile Fred ever mentioned as the #1 pick during that formidable streak of 46 games? Nope. Because although he had incredible talent, people always doubted his durability.

Ahh. It all comes full circle. Perhaps that is why darin felt Brown would never reach that LT2 status. . . :D

But was Fragile Fred ever mentioned as the #1 pick during that formidable streak of 46 games?  Nope.  Because although he had incredible talent, people always doubted his durability. 

Ahh.  It all comes full circle.  Perhaps that is why darin felt Brown would never reach that LT2 status. . . :D

871309[/snapback]

No, the reason Fred never reached LT2 talent is because he never scored touchdowns or caught passes like Ladanian does.

With Norm Chow coming in, Brown will see a sharp rise in his catches this season. Whether his TD's can approach LT's remains to be seen, but I think it's possible.

No, the reason Fred never reached LT2 talent is because he never scored touchdowns or caught passes like Ladanian does.

871310[/snapback]

Fred Taylor

1998: 17 total TDs, 44 receptions, 421 yds receiving

That's pretty close to what LT2 averages.

Fred Taylor

1998: 17 total TDs, 44 receptions, 421 yds receiving

That's pretty close to what LT2 averages.

871313[/snapback]

That was before he started his streak.

Are you guys arguing that because Fred Taylor never was a #1 overall pick, that Chris Brown can't be????

It sure seems like it.

Are you guys arguing that because Fred Taylor never was a #1 overall pick, that Chris Brown can't be????

It sure seems like it.

871318[/snapback]

You never mentioned anything about a "streak." I was just pointing out an inaccuracy in your statement. I didn't even bother to mention that Taylor had 14 TDs in 2000 or that his receiving yardage over the past three years has not been far under what LT had in '01, '02, and '04.

I also said nothing about Chris Brown's draft status.

If you make inaccurate statements at The Huddle or try to put words in the mouths of other posters, you're going to get called on it. I have nothing personal against you. Just FYI.

It sure seems like it.

871318[/snapback]

Uhm, I think you originally brought up the Fred Taylor comparison. . .

No doubt Fred Taylor has some of the best talent at RB in the league. I had him in a dynasty league. The guy was a beast. He had power, speed, moves, and he used to be able to catch. But even though he was always mentioned as a top flight RB, he was never drafted high because of injury concerns. The same concerns Brown has. Those concerns will probably keep him from being a concensus #1 pick like LT2. But who knows, really. He COULD come out and light it up this year. But I doubt it.

Edited by CaptainHook

No doubt Fred Taylor has some of the best talent at RB in the league.  I had him in a dynasty league.  The guy was a beast.  He had power, speed, moves, and he used to be able to catch.  But even though he was always mentioned as a top flight RB, he was never drafted high because of injury concerns.  The same concerns Brown has.

871330[/snapback]

I think that sums it up pretty well. Can we kill this thread now? :D

No doubt Fred Taylor has some of the best talent at RB in the league.  I had him in a dynasty league.  The guy was a beast.  He had power, speed, moves, and he used to be able to catch.  But even though he was always mentioned as a top flight RB, he was never drafted high because of injury concerns.  The same concerns Brown has.

871330[/snapback]

Well, I'll reiterate what I said earlier.

Early in his career, Fred Taylor was not drafted as a top flight RB because of injury concerns.

Later in his career, he was not drafted as a top flight RB because he struggled to score TDs.

IF Fred Taylor could have had his streak of 46 consecutive games started earlier in his career, he could have easily been drafted at the top of a fantasy draft. The same COULD be true of Chris Brown in the future.

That is all. Case dismissed :D:D:D .