[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will be the next LT2?

3WZ

I don't take direction from people like you. I'll stay right here.

Kindly inform me what darin actually provided to this debate on Chris Brown?? We all already knew the guy has had some injury problems, even the original poster mentioned it.

So what is this argument about then???

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kindly inform me what darin actually provided to this debate on Chris Brown??

871242[/snapback]

:D Geez. He added his opinion that he does not think it will be Chris Brown. . .

:D Geez.  He added his opinion that he does not think it will be Chris Brown. . .

871244[/snapback]

He didn't do JUST that. If he had just said he didn't think it would be Chris Brown because of his injury history etc. etc., that is a fair statement.

darin said it COULDN'T be Chris Brown like it was a crazy statement, laughed at the poster, and threw insults around like they were candy.

The point is, this guy provided NOTHING at all to this conversation. He didn't just give his opinion, he forced it on us and ridiculed those of us with differing opinions, calling us names. That is what makes forums like these hate filled rants, and I guess that is what someone like darin wants. If he can make the discussion a hate-filled rant instead of a discussion on facts, he can mask his lack of knowledge on the subject, I guess.

nah. jj arrington.

868033[/snapback]

Julius Jones will likely be a solid fantasy back for years to come, but not another Ladanian.  Ladanian is a guy who can produce even though his team sucked around him for years.  That is why I say Arrington.

868235[/snapback]

Well, I think Jones is a workhorse type.  He isn't a Barry Sanders or Ladanian.  Plus, he is only 2 years younger than Ladanian.  Arrington possesses all the qualities of a star back, and is much younger.

868304[/snapback]

So, these three posts of yours, where you dismiss other people's choice as the next LT2 is somehow not as bad as darin's?

Sorry but I fail to see the logic here:  "If Brown didn't have the injury concerns...", since he DOES have injury concerns.  Plenty of them.  He runs far too upright, and is extremely tall for a NFL RB.  Bad O-line, to boot.  I fail to see how Chris Brown can be considered the "next LT2". 

Sure, he had a fantastic game on MNF against the Cheeseheads, but then again, who DIDN'T carve up that D last season?

If Brown were a Mike Tyson Punch-Out character, he'd be Glass Joe.  He's on my avoid list, personally.  But hey :D to each his own.

868376[/snapback]

Fact of the matter is (as Stephen A. Smith likes to say) Ricky Williams has carried the load before, and done quite well.

Ronnie Brown has NEVER been the main ballcarrier on a NFL or college team.  He has ALWAYS played second fiddle which, to my understanding, is alot easier to play than the conductor that Williams has always played.

Both Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams were WAAAAAAY overvalued in this years draft, IMO, but at least Cadillac was a featured back in college.  In my mind, the credit for their success has to go not to them, but to the Auburn offensive line.

Ronnie Brown will be a HUGE bust in the NFL.  Ricky Williams hasn't been a model of consistency at all in his personal life, but at least he has done SOMETHING as a feature back in recent years.

Anybody who drafts Ronnie Brown expecting big things will be greatly dissapointed.  Fair warning given by Chessmaster; avoid this schlub like the plague.

868352[/snapback]

Did you forget about dumping on this guy's choice too?

If you will note, I do not call anyone a "noob", I do not call their choice "glass joe", I do not call them an "Kate Middleton", I do not post a ROFL smiley at anyone's post (dismissing them as ludicrous by implication), I do not call anyone a moron and (deliberately or unintentionally) misinterpret their posts, I do not take credit for someone else's post, I don't call anyone a pansy, etc etc.

Go back and read this dude's posts. If you really think I even APPROACHED the level of asinine posting that he has reached, then you are a darin3 apologist.

(somebody suggested S. Jackson)

Only if Martz remains in St. Louis.  If Martz gets fired, which I think is likely, then who knows what system will be brought in and how effective the running attack will be?

868478[/snapback]

Seems like you have a lot to say about other people's choice. . .

If you will note, I do not call anyone a "noob", I do not call their choice "glass joe", I do not call them an "Kate Middleton", I do not post a ROFL smiley at anyone's post (dismissing them as ludicrous by implication), I do not call anyone a moron and (deliberately or unintentionally) misinterpret their posts, I do not take credit for someone else's post, I don't call anyone a pansy, etc etc.

Go back and read this dude's posts.  If you really think I even APPROACHED the level of asinine posting that he has reached, then you are a darin3 apologist.

871253[/snapback]

Is Chris Brown you brother or something? He made a comment about Brown's durability and tried to make a joke by recalling an old Nintendo game. After that, you decided to make a big deal about his dismissal of Brown. But nobody did that to YOU when YOU were dissing everybody else's choice. :D Pot, meet kettle.

Edited by CaptainHook

:D

You're a moran. Are you really comparing Dickerson to Brown? I love it when people talk and have no idea what they're talking about, too. Keep smokin' whatever you're smokin', junior.

I didn't rip anyone, noob. LOOK AT THE FRICKIN' TITLE OF THE THREAD. Whoever says that Chris Brown is the next LT2 is not thinking straight ... IN MY OPINION. I never said the guy wasn't a solid fantasy RB. Or if he's there for you in the second round that you shouldn't grab him. Good lord, bunch of whiny pansies.

The title of the thread is "the next LT2". Someone went out on a very shaky and unstable limb with Chris Brown. THE POSTER EVEN SAID THAT HE WAS GOING TO TAKE  FOR IT. I obliged.

Idiot noobs are in full effect today... gotta love it.

edit: who the heck is trying to 'talk tough'? please provide me with some examples... thanks

I couldn't care less what you have to say. I respect 99.9% of the people here and their opinions. You, unfortunately, are in that small minority.

What is this, the academic decathalon? Dude, get your panties out of a wad. I'll say it ONE more time for you since you obviously can't retain information for more than 5 minutes. The topic of the thread is "who is the next LT2"? Someone said Chris Brown. This "someone", who I totally respect (  swamp! Nothin' but love for you, man! ) said from the beginning that he expected flack for his call. I said his call was off due to Brown's injury concerns. And out of nowhere, you and this Primetime tool go off. Listen, fool, I don't have time to deal with intellectual midgets like you and your boyfriend Primetime. Save this crap for your Dungeons & Dragons message board banter. I'm officially done with you. Adios.

868452[/snapback]

Can you see the difference between what I say, comments about Ronnie Brown and Steven Jackson, and these idiotic insults that have no basis behind them whatsoever???? I certainly hope so.

Can you see the difference between what I say, comments about Ronnie Brown and Steven Jackson, and these idiotic insults that have no basis behind them whatsoever????  I certainly hope so.

871259[/snapback]

Please. Yeah, darin started to lay into a little bit after you continually kept harping on your point. But, if you would have just let his original post sit without calling him out (like everyone did with you), you wouldn't have gotten that response. Like I said, newbies get a bit of hazing around here. Consider it your first lesson.

Please.  Yeah, darin started to lay into a little bit after you continually kept harping on your point.  But, if you would have just let his original post sit without calling him out (like everyone did with you), you wouldn't have gotten that  response.  Like I said, newbies get a bit of hazing around here.  Consider it your first lesson.

871261[/snapback]

Lesson on what???

We can go back through the cycle if you want and see who was out of line first. It wasn't me.

Way to go darin3!!!!!  Rip people for going out on a limb while you are safe there near the trunk of the tree!!!  Who needs imagination??? Nobody!!!!!!

:D  :D  :D

870096[/snapback]

and I believe you started this. . .

Lesson on what???

We can go back through the cycle if you want and see who was out of line first.  It wasn't me.

871263[/snapback]

... :D just wondering Chessmaster...how old are you...?

darin: Sorry but I fail to see the logic here: "If Brown didn't have the injury concerns...", since he DOES have injury concerns. Plenty of them. He runs far too upright, and is extremely tall for a NFL RB. Bad O-line, to boot. I fail to see how Chris Brown can be considered the "next LT2".

Sure, he had a fantastic game on MNF against the Cheeseheads, but then again, who DIDN'T carve up that D last season?

If Brown were a Mike Tyson Punch-Out character, he'd be Glass Joe. He's on my avoid list, personally. But hey to each his own.

Chessmaster: As low as he is going, I think Chris Brown is a great value. Whether he can stay healthy is a question mark, but if he can (big if, but bear with me) his 4.9 yards per carry could easily give him 1500+ yards which would make him an elite fantasy runner.

I recently got Chris Brown at 3.08 in a 12 team dynasty draft, which in my mind is very good value for a 24 year old runner coming off a 1000 yard season in only 10 games of action.

Darin: Since when did this discussion have anything to do with his value in a fantasy draft? The question was "who's the next LT2"?

Chessmaster: A guy who gets 4.9 yards per carry and gained over 1000 yards in 10 games of action can't be considered as an elite running back in the future???

Darin: Please refer to post #35.

Chessmaster: i read that already.

Fred Taylor was thought to be fragile, and then he reeled off 48 consecutive starts or something like that. Chris Brown could easily do the same.

Darin: :D

Chessmaster: Irrelevant. The fact is, Fred Taylor played 3 straight seasons of injury-free ball. Thats all it takes to be a possible #1 overall pick for a talent like Chris Brown.

Darin: You're a moran. Are you really comparing Dickerson to Brown? I love it when people talk and have no idea what they're talking about, too. Keep smokin' whatever you're smokin', junior.

--------------------------------------------------

So, the discussion stayed on football until darin called this dude a "moran" and accused him of smoking illegal narcotics. I followed that up with the sleepy thread you quoted, but darin definitely pulled this thread out of the realm of football and into the realm of personal insults FIRST.

How about we all just agree that Brown's a very talented back, but his injuries keep him out of the "next LT2 category"?  Sheesh...  :D

871262[/snapback]

Why? The 'debate-off' between the misters and the Morans is just getting entertaining! :D

How about we all just agree that Brown's a very talented back, but his injuries keep him out of the "next LT2 category"?  Sheesh...  :D

871262[/snapback]

I'm willing to agree on that, with the caveat that if his injuries subside, he could easily be the next LT2. That was the point of the OP anyway, and it got lost in darin's shenanigans.

Tom Brady couldn't hold Peyton Manning's jockstrap.  :D

871279[/snapback]

That may be true, but I'd still pick Porter over Burleson!

Besides, it's tough to handle a man like Manning's lingerie when all of your superbowl rings are getting in the way :D

So, the discussion stayed on football until darin called this dude a "moran" and accused him of smoking illegal narcotics. I followed that up with the sleepy thread you quoted, but darin definitely pulled this thread out of the realm of football and into the realm of personal insults FIRST.

871275[/snapback]

But, he wasn't talking to YOU. He called the comparison of Eric Dickerson to Chris Brown a poor one. Maybe he was having a bad day. Plus he used the Huddle jargon "moran". An inside joke. But you don't get it 'cause you're new. Maybe darin and Primetime have a long running feud. But you don't get it 'cause you're new.

But, he wasn't talking to YOU.  He called the comparison of Eric Dickerson to Chris Brown a poor one.  Maybe he was having a bad day.  Plus he used the Huddle jargon "moran".  An inside joke.  But you don't get it 'cause you're new.  Maybe darin and Primetime have a long running feud.  But you don't get it 'cause you're new.

871282[/snapback]

He deliberately misinterpreted (or is too dumb to understand) that the comparison to Dickerson was one of running style, not of overall production.

I'm willing to agree on that, with the caveat that if his injuries subside, he could easily be the next LT2.

871278[/snapback]

Of course, one of LT2's strengths is his durability, so he would have to pull a Fred Taylor to be compared to Tomlinson. But I agree that, in terms of raw talent, the two can probably be mentioned in the same sentence.