[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

14 Team League

YoungBob

My commissioner just expanded our league to 14 teams and set the divisions with three divisions of three teams and one division of five teams. Is it just me or does that seem a little unfair to the five team division? (Of course that's the one I'm in.)

Does anyone have experience in setting up a 14 team league? It seems like two divisions of seven teams is the way to go. The top three from each make the playoffs, etc. Doesn't that make more sense?

Thanks,

YB

My commissioner just expanded our league to 14 teams and set the divisions with three divisions of three teams and one division of five teams.  Is it just me or does that seem a little unfair to the five team division? (Of course that's the one I'm in.)

Does anyone have experience in setting up a 14 team league?  It seems like two divisions of seven teams is the way to go.  The top three from each make the playoffs, etc.  Doesn't that make more sense?

Thanks,

YB

871768[/snapback]

I run a local 14 team league and it's my opinion that it's best to have 1 division and have evey team play each other 1nce during the first 13 weeks and then start the playoffs on week 14. I hope that helps Little Bob.

Edited by Jumpin Johnies

I prefer the 5-5-4 format.  I little advantage to the 4-team division, but works thge best by avoiding big divisions.

871784[/snapback]

This is the format my local uses also. Works out fine. We still play each team once though, so the divisions don't mean too much other than if you win it you get more cash.

Agree with all others that a 14-team league shoujld be set up to where you play all other teams once for a 13-week regular season.

Divisions are negligible, depending on how you want to do your playoffs.

I lean to no division, so it is survival of the fittest and the top X number of teams get in the playoffs. No beeotching about what division you were in, etc.

If the league is set on having divisions, 2 7-team divisions provides the easiest break down, then the 5-5-4.

If you really must go 4 divisions, then 4-4-3-3 is the only logical choice.

The way the commish set it up is flawed at best, completely illogical and stupid in reality.

Agree with all others that a 14-team league shoujld be set up to where you play all other teams once for a 13-week regular season.

Divisions are negligible, depending on how you want to do your playoffs.

I lean to no division, so it is survival of the fittest and the top X number of teams get in the playoffs. No beeotching about what division you were in, etc.

If the league is set on having divisions, 2 7-team divisions provides the easiest break down, then the 5-5-4.

If you really must go 4 divisions, then 4-4-3-3 is the only logical choice.

The way the commish set it up is flawed at best, completely illogical and stupid in reality.

871800[/snapback]

I concur