[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leugue Payouts

geeteebee

I am suggesting a new payout scale for our league this year, should I expect people to have any major problems with the following:

$1500 --$150 entry fee x 10 owners

( 60) --website fee

(400) --superbowl champ

(250) --superbowl runner-up

(100) --$20 for each highest scoring postion

..... --(QB,RB,WR/TE,K,D)at end of regular season

(130) --$10 for highest score each week of regular

..... season

( 60) --$60 to highest cumulative team points at end

..... of regular season

(650) --$10 for each win. 5 wins each week for 13

..... weeks.

-----

(150) --deficit

200 --estimated add/drop pool. $1 for each

transaction

-----

50 --additional proceeds to champion

How many teams make the playoffs?

I notice a lot of payout for having an individual high scoring player and for the points scored, but, as for having a team, there is nothing awarded unless you make the league Superbowl... no reward for best regular season record or for winning the division or anything like that.

I would say ditch the payoff for having a high scoring individual player on your team amd give $50 to the teams with the best overall records or for division winners if you have divisions.

I tend to like to reward regular season success in addition to playoff success.

How many teams make the playoffs?

I would say ditch the payoff for having a high scoring individual player on your team amd give $50 to the teams with the best overall records or for division winners if you have divisions.

873894[/snapback]

We have two 5 team divisions with 6 of 10 teams making the playoffs. Chances are good (I know not always) that one of the division winners will have the highest points. Do you think $110, plus their $10/win plus a few $10 weekly high scores is too much? Theoretically if one team does all the above and wins the super bowl they could walk away with ~$700. Maybe they deserve it if they have that good of a season? I guess I could take the $60 for most regular season points and turn it into a toilet bowl prize....I just hate rewarding poor performance.

IMO, you are paying out too many combinations. For me as a commissioner, I like to keep it as simple as possible. How about this:

$425: $25 for high score of the week. This gives even the lower teams a chance at some money if they catch lightning in a bottle a few weeks of the year.

That leaves $1075. Subtract $60 for software. That leaves $1015. Winner of the league gets $575. Second gets $275. Third gets $165.

Take your transaction money (around $200 you said) and have a pool for the NFL playoffs. Pay out for first, second and third. That way everyone can still play when the NFL playoffs start, and give some of the lower teams a chance to recoup some money.

I don't see a problem with owners having a problem! I do see a headache coming for you keeping up with all those numbers!

In my league I payout 1st place

1000K +Trophy

2nd place $300

3rd place $185 (Return entry fee)

Division winner: $50ea. = $200 (4*50)

Weekly High Score: $20 weekly reg. season only

nice and pretty simple only thing is my entry fee is $185 per owner!

In a 10 team league I used to run we did the following ...

100.00 entry fee = 1000.00 pot

Transaction fees -

5.00 drop/add

10.00 trades (5.00 for each of the two teams involved in the trade)

Pay out:

500.00 + All Transaction money - Champ

225.00 - 2nd place

125.00 - 3rd place

50.00 - 4th place

50.00 - Division A winner

50.00 - Division B winner

Everyone in the league liked the pay outs and even with the higher transaction fees they all stayed active.