[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Canadian Huddlers still out there?

msaint

I'm scheduled to appear on TSN's "Off the Record" at the end of this month (in conjunction with the paperback release of my book...which will be the subject of a future, and shameless, Huddle post). Being a dirty, stinkin' American, I've unfortunately never seen this show, but I hear it's good, and that "Best darn Sports Show" virtually copied its format. The host seems like he's a well-respected sports figure, and the producer I'm dealing with seems like a very cool guy...but just curious if any of you Canadian Huddlers watch Off the Record, what you think of it, and, most importantly, where Mrs. Saint and I should go in Toronto for good food/beer/fun. (I think we're going to a Jays-Angels game Thursday night, but any other suggestions would be great.)

Thanks in advance! :D

Edited by msaint

I've been to Toronto a few times during the summer. I always had a great time. Of course that could've been the higher alcohol content Canadian beer, but I had a great time nonetheless. It's been awhile since I've been there, but Toronto wasn't lacking for bars. Take your wife to the Eaton Centre. It's a giant mall in downtown.

Last time I was there, I was still in college. We wandered into the mall and were happy to find a few bars in the mall. Gotta love paying for beer with loonies and toonies. :D

I'm a Canuck. I've never been to Toronto so I can't help you out there but I have seen the show a bunch of times. Personally I don't care for Micheal Lansberg (host) but he does seem to do a good job on the show. He used to be an anchor on TSN a long time ago but other than that I don't know much about him.

The show is usually pretty good but it really depends on the guests. Sometimes they do get some very high calibre athletes and other media stars but they also get their mix of some Canadian people that I've never heard of and aren't in the sports field. Do you know who else is on the show with you? When are you going to be on as I'll make sure to tape it if I can't catch it live.

Good luck and congrats.

I'm From Montreal.....I've been to TO once so i wouldn't be a great judgement on where to go ...But Montreal is the Best place to Party in Canada

As for the show....Its a good show but like someone said earliar it depends on the guests and sometimes the topics they throw out ....The best shows... are the guests that are out spoken and to the point....So BRING IT!!!!

Good luck!!!

I'm a Canuck.  I've never been to Toronto so I can't help you out there but I have seen the show a bunch of times.  Personally I don't care for Micheal Lansberg (host) but he does seem to do a good job on the show.  He used to be an anchor on TSN a long time ago but other than that I don't know much about him. 

The show is usually pretty good but it really depends on the guests.  Sometimes they do get some very high calibre athletes and other media stars but they also get their mix of some Canadian people that I've never heard of and aren't in the sports field.  Do you know who else is on the show with you?  When are you going to be on as I'll make sure to tape it if I can't catch it live.

Good luck and congrats.

876977[/snapback]

wre in manitoba do u live , pimp

I live in Ottawa, about 4 hours northeast of Toronto. I go down to Toronto every so often, typically to catch a basketball game.

Since you're visiting Canada, you might want to check out Gretzky's bar. And maybe take a walk down Yonge St.

As far as Off the Record is concerned, I wouldn't say Lansberg is well respected. He does do a good job on the show but it is very much driven by the knowledge and enthusiasm of the guests.

What for?  And what did you think?

877148[/snapback]

hunting/ fishing

i like the pace of most of places ive been... only been into winnipeg 2 times but liked it..... love gravy on my fries

been all over western manitoba chasing geese and ducks.. we would start in or north of dauphin and head south to deloraine.... hunted ducks and geese south of manitaba in the delta and f ish in the summer and winter on whitemouth lake ( unreal ice fishen there for a couple of years).

hunting/ fishing

i like the pace of most of places ive been... only been into winnipeg  2 times but liked it..... love gravy on my fries

been all over western manitoba chasing geese and ducks.. we would start in  or north of dauphin and head south to deloraine.... hunted ducks and geese south of manitaba in the delta and f ish in the summer and winter on whitemouth lake ( unreal ice fishen there for a couple of years).

877184[/snapback]

It is an amazing province for hunting and fishing from what I've been told....I'm a city guy myself.

I do a lot of business in Toronto and am just a couple of hours down the road.

Depends on what you like for food and drinks. Casual food with a decent atmoshphere well, you can't beat Big Daddy's Crab Shack. If you are into Pub atmosphere then the Irish Embassy is your place.

If your tab is being picked up by OTR then head on over to Canoe on Wellington or Bardi's just across from the Royal York.

As for OTR...I rarely watch it unless there is someone worth watching. Lansberg does nothing for me as he is one of the most boring sh1ts on the tube but he has been with the network since its inception.

When are you going to be on?

Thanks for the replies/suggestions, all. :D

Wow, I guess this OTR host ISN'T as well-liked as I'd read. Oh well. Will still be fun. As of now, I'm scheduled to be on Thursday, July 28th (I believe it's the 28th...the last Thurs. of this month). Have no idea who the other guests are; just hope they don't beat me up and/or make fun me for eating bacon that isn't round. Feel free to tune in if, you know, old "Alice" or "F-Troop" re-runs aren't on. :D

I do a lot of business in Toronto and am just a couple of hours down the road.

Depends on what you like for food and drinks.  Casual food with a decent atmoshphere well, you can't beat Big Daddy's Crab Shack.  If you are into Pub atmosphere then the Irish Embassy is your place.

If your tab is being picked up by OTR then head on over to Canoe on Wellington or Bardi's just across from the Royal York.

As for OTR...I rarely watch it unless there is someone worth watching.  Lansberg does nothing for me as he is one of the most boring sh1ts on the tube but he has been with the network since its inception.

When are you going to be on?

878528[/snapback]

And thanks for all the specific dining suggestions.....I'm hoping to be on either my publisher's or TSN's dime, so off to Canoe, I say! :D:D

TSN Host: So Mr. Saint, what do you think of the NHL finally coming to terms after such a long and stressful lockout?

Msaint: I uh, well I guess it's good? But I'm here to talk about my book, called...

TSN Host: Uh huh, that's great. And we'll get to that. But what about that NHL? Can you believe it took them THIS long, eh?

Msaint: Riiiiiight, yeah, it was a long time. You know, my expertise is really in Fantasy Football. My book is called...

TSN Host: Fantasy Football?!?!? You mean the CFL?

Msaint: No. Not the CFL. You mean you've never heard of Fantasy Football up here?

TSN Host: That's like with chicks in bikinis, right?

Msaint: (sigh) Right... Eh.

TSN Host:  So Mr. Saint, what do you think of the NHL finally coming to terms after such a long and stressful lockout?

Msaint:  I uh, well I guess it's good?  But I'm here to talk about my book, called...

TSN Host:  Uh huh, that's great.  And we'll get to that.  But what about that NHL?  Can you believe it took them THIS long, eh?

Msaint:  Riiiiiight, yeah, it was a long time.  You know, my expertise is really in Fantasy Football.  My book is called...

TSN Host:  Fantasy Football?!?!?  You mean the CFL?

Msaint:  No.  Not the CFL.  You mean you've never heard of Fantasy Football up here?

TSN Host:  That's like with chicks in bikinis, right?

Msaint:  (sigh) Right...  Eh.

879457[/snapback]

:D Maybe I'll just pull a Jim Everett and attack him.