[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on Lee Suggs

I know there are a few Rbs on the Browns.

I am in a keeper league and we get a $200 total to draft a 23 man team.

I can keep Kevin Jones at $30 - No brainer

I can keep Lee Suggs at $30 as well

My question is weather he will be less in an auction based draft or do I keep him at his current salary.??

or will he suck??

At that price, you dump him. Suggs couldn't stay healthy last year. While he did peform well in a couple of games, he couldn't even take the starting gig away from William Green. Not only is Green still there, so too is Droughns.

Suggs does have an outside shot to be the featured back (isn't Droughns still holding out?) but I wouldn't gamble 15% of my cap space on: (1) that happening; and (2) Suggs staying healthy for enough to give me a favorable return on my $30 investment.

Dump him.

You will not know what L.Suggs is worth until about Week 4, when he is either the solid starter, stuck in a committee, or sitting on the bench.

He is not worth $30 if K.Jones is worth $30 (looks like you pay $30 to keep anyone on your roster)

I would save your money and avoid Suggs unless you can get him for $10-15 bucks - even then, there is huge risk...

You will not know what L.Suggs is worth until about Week 4, when he is either the solid starter, stuck in a committee, or sitting on the bench.

He is not worth $30 if K.Jones is worth $30 (looks like you pay $30 to keep anyone on your roster)

I would save your money and avoid Suggs unless you can get him for $10-15 bucks - even then, there is huge risk...

899924[/snapback]

pretty much nailed it...

(isn't Droughns still holding out?)

899160[/snapback]

Actually, I do not believe he is. The only player the Browns own website said they are expecting to be elsewhere is Braylon Edwards. I think this is too much of a toss up for the amount you would invest in him. Your money would be better used elsewhere. Crennel has reportedly been impressed with the work ethic Green has had in the off season. If he starts running good too, who knows maybe Willie will see quite a bit of action. Too close to call right now IMO. Unless you have a Browns homer in your league then I would say you could probably draft him for less if you wanted him, but I would personally look to see what other options I would have.

That mother killed me last year, he was ranked way to high on this site, I would not draft him this year, unless it is in round 6

901208[/snapback]

He killed me last last year as well (along with Griffin). As you can see from my sig line, I have him on my team again this year, but the difference is that I got him in the 12th round, not the 5th. As far as I'm concerned, that's about all he's worth until proven otherwise.

I realize that Davis is gone, but I have been burned WAY too many times by Browns players to draft any of them as anything other than backups in the final few rounds.

Edited by tomfin2000

Talent wise, if he can stay healthy, I think Suggs will eventually rise to the top. Health is a big if. He was always nicked up in college too. I don't see Droughns as being much of a factor, a 1 year wonder who wasn't even good enough for the Broncos or his previous teams to bother keeping.

However, like everybody else says, for that price, he's definetly not worth keeping, or even picking later for that price.