[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning is going to be Gone!

Uh, what's wrong with Priest Holmes?

908239[/snapback]

that's who i would take (actually that's who i'm going to take). i'll roll the dice, as i don't think anyone out there comes without downside risk. i do like jamal this year though out of all the rest. heard yesterday that james was given the ball 10 times near the goal line last year and scored 3 times. i think rhodes could see some goal line touches.

Age, health, Larry Johnson.  He's as legitimate as the other 6 or 7 choices, I guess, which to me is the problem and why the 1.04 is such a tough pick.

908298[/snapback]

This is true at least I think so! I just got off the phone with the guy @ 7th since we know who's going 1,2 &3 I think he will bite! He Loves Priest Holmes and I think given that he will pull the trigger! That's why me looking to get an extera pick next year to move up was something I had to throw in because of his love for the aging Holmes!

don't get me wrong I think Priest is a nice pick but I can afford to take him in a keeper league which this is! And to keep a player you have to give up a pick 1 high than the pick he was drafted in the next year!

If you keep a player from round 1 or 2 then you wouldn't have a pick next year in the first round! I'm thinking I can get Cadillac or J.J. Arington in the 4th round this year so that's why I want a 5th round pick back so I won't lose anything next year! We have to keep one but not more than 3 MAX! :D

Wish me luck I think I found a sucker that will take the bait! I just have to make the right choose @ #7 if indeed I end up there! Thanks for all the good feedback! :D

Edited by MrGameTime

Age, health, Larry Johnson.  He's as legitimate as the other 6 or 7 choices, I guess, which to me is the problem and why the 1.04 is such a tough pick.

908298[/snapback]

Age = not really an issue, he's looked very spry the past few years, eh? And he was completely UNused in his first 4-5 years in the league. He "plays" much younger.

Health = good point... but all signs point to him being 100% ready to go... and heck, ANY NFL player is always subject to injury... at any time

LJ = another good point... only downside to drafting Priest is you have to draft LJ... but in doing so, you corner the market on what is probably the best running attack in fantasy football...

This is true at least I think so! I just got off the phone with the guy @ 7th since we know who's going 1,2 &3 I think he will bite! He Loves Priest Holmes and I think given that he will pull the trigger! That's why me looking to get an extera pick next year to move up was something I had to throw in because of his love for the aging Holmes!

don't get me wrong I think Priest is a nice pick but I can afford to take him in a keeper league which this is! And to keep a player you have to give up a pick 1 high than the pick he was drafted in the next year!

If you keep a player from round 1 or 2 then you wouldn't have a pick next year in the first round! I'm thinking I can get Cadillac or J.J. Arington in the 4th round this year so that's why I want a 5th round pick back so I won't lose anything next year! We have to keep one but not more than 3 MAX!  :D

Wish me luck  I think I found a sucker that will take the bait! I just have to make the right choose @ #7 if indeed I end up there! Thanks for all the good feedback!  :D

908554[/snapback]

Good deal for you. I was in a similar pickle. I had the 1.04 in a 5-league mega-league (InterBoard Challenge) and semi-reluctantly took Holmes. He's a stud, period... some risk, but hugh potential reward.

But I got an offer that I had to jump on... the guy at the turn (1.12 and 2.01) offered those two picks for Priest and my 2.09. There was serious value left at the end of the round (Davis, J. Jones, Dillon, Barber) so I took the deal, drafted Davis and Dillon, and even got Muhammed thrown in in exchange for my 9th rounder.

Age = not really an issue, he's looked very spry the past few years, eh?  And he was completely UNused in his first 4-5 years in the league.  He "plays" much younger.

Health = good point... but all signs point to him being 100% ready to go... and heck, ANY NFL player is always subject to injury... at any time

LJ = another good point... only downside to drafting Priest is you have to draft LJ... but in doing so, you corner the market on what is probably the best running attack in fantasy football...

Good deal for you.  I was in a similar pickle.  I had the 1.04 in a 5-league mega-league (InterBoard Challenge) and semi-reluctantly took Holmes.  He's a stud, period... some risk, but hugh potential reward.

But I got an offer that I had to jump on... the guy at the turn (1.12 and 2.01) offered those two picks for Priest and my 2.09.  There was serious value left at the end of the round (Davis, J. Jones, Dillon, Barber) so I took the deal, drafted Davis and Dillon, and even got Muhammed thrown in in exchange for my 9th rounder.

908628[/snapback]

I hope I can far as well as you did!

that's who i would take (actually that's who i'm going to take).  i'll roll the dice, as i don't think anyone out there comes without downside risk.  i do like jamal this year though out of all the rest. heard yesterday that james was given the ball 10 times near the goal line last year and scored 3 times. i think rhodes could see some goal line touches.

908354[/snapback]

Yeah, Edge's pattened "run straight ahead for five yards and dive" running style works great when you're between the 20s and no one can stack the box, but it doesn't work very well at the goalline.