[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning is going to be Gone!

I Learn that LT will go #1st Alexander #2nd Manning will go #3rd!

Now I really don't want to be here @ 4th because I'm not high on P. Holmes!

What would be my best chances for a solid RB team wise and scheme wise! providing I can't trade down a few spots! :D

I just feel like there is not that much differance in RB after LT & Alexander!

Correct me if I'm worng please!! thanks!

If you cant trade down, I'm going Edge.

901628[/snapback]

You will then have what I consider to be the third pick. See Roos thread for my opinion. Basically, I agree with Big Country except I say trade down and if not take Lewis.

Edited by Clubfoothead

I'd try and swap 1st and 2nd round picks with someone below you, as there is little concensus on where the best value is at picks 1.4 through 1.8. However, the improved value of your 2nd round pick would be significant.

Barring that, if you've got a high tolerance for risk, McGahee is one way to go. Personally, I'd probably go for someone a little more proven, like Edge or Jamal Lewis.

But not knowing if this is a keeper league or if you get points for receptions, it's hard to say.

Take a chance on DEUCE, by all accounts, NO offense changing to get him more touches, now that he is healthy ! :D

901783[/snapback]

I would take Duece at that spot too. I've had Edge on my team the past two seasons, and while he'll give you double digit points week in and week out, you'll be lucky if you get one or two monster games out of him the whole season.

That kind of consistency is great for a second round pick, but for a first round pick, especially the fouth overall, you want a guy that has the potential to give you at least half a dozen monster games. Duece can do that because he can take it to the house from anywhere on the field and he's the goalline option of choice. A 20 yard run is big deal for Edge and he's one of a plethora of goalline options.

901628[/snapback]

Yeah I'd say take Edge.  Or Deuce or Willis if you like them better.

901631[/snapback]

Basically, I agree with Big Country except I say trade down and if not take Lewis.

901633[/snapback]

Take a chance on DEUCE, by all accounts, NO offense changing to get him more touches, now that he is healthy ! :D

901783[/snapback]

This is what I love about this year's draft, or hate, I haven't decided yet. Anyway, I'm a big Deuce fan this year.

I like Edge at 3, but I'm liking Deuce more and more. Everything I'm reading...simplified offensive scheme...utilizing a fullback....huge long-term contract....leaner, stronger, finally healthy...Deuce is primed for a great year. :D huh, maybe I do like Deuce more?

901628[/snapback]

Yeah I'd say take Edge.  Or Deuce or Willis if you like them better.

901631[/snapback]

You will then have what I consider to be the third pick.  See Roos thread for my opinion.  Basically, I agree with Big Country except I say trade down and if not take Lewis.

901633[/snapback]

Barring that, if you've got a high tolerance for risk, McGahee is one way to go. 

901638[/snapback]

901783[/snapback]

This is what I love about this year's draft, or hate, I haven't decided yet.  Anyway, I'm a big Deuce fan this year.

902042[/snapback]

:D And of course, this is exactly my point. There are about 4 or 5 RBs that are legit picks once LT and Alexander are gone. Nice or horrible depending on how you look at it.

I like Deuce alot this year...I've liked him all along even though he let me down this year....

It's awfully strange...

take him and don't look back...Edge fights Manning for GL TD's...that's his GL vulture.....Manning...and then you have McGahee with the rook at QB with the questionable OL as it was...he still did well...but Bledsoe could at least POSE as a threat sometimes...

i honestly dont think theres gonna be much of any difference between deuce and edge.. either one will be worth a high first rounder. the thing on edge is colts like play action in the redzone.. thus, less tds.. go with your gut on this one.. there isnt really any solid evidence on whos going to be better.. everything said is opinions and guesses.

I just feel like there is not that much differance in RB after LT & Alexander!

Correct me if I'm worng please!! thanks!

901583[/snapback]

You are not wrong...

IF you cannot trade down, you must take person YOU feel best about. That is what virtually everyone at this position will have to do this year. I have #4 too. If I cannot trade down, I will take Lewis or D Davis

ps I think with the addition of Davis that is about five choices.

How in god's name can anyone be THAT high on Deuce McCallister. Look at his friggin stats, the guy doesn't score TDs and his rushing numbers are DOWN a bit. Not a guy that I'd bet my season on. I like Dom, McGahee and Edge at that spot. I'd go Edge probably. He's gonna have more TDs this year, Peyton knows that he owes him.

Hate to have to agree with some of you Deuce Doubters, since I am a huge Saints fan...but with that said...although he is the best shape of his career, has an offense that is set up to hand him the rock, he has a weak O-Line and more imporatantly...HIS SCHEDULE IS BRUTAL AGAINST THE RUN!

Edge will get you points, not many TD's (why will they mess with success) but OK numbers. I think Willis could be the top guy with all that I have read.

As an Edge owner the last 2 years, there is no way I can recommend taking him that high. Manning just takes away too many points from Edge. Take Deuce. I believe he has the same amount of upside as Edge each week, but his downside (dud game potential is much less than Edge).

p.s. This is a great thread. I hope I'm not picking third come draft day!

Don't take Moss out of this equation if you're not that high on any RBs!!! I know it sounds insane but think about it, you'll still get two RBs that you like, its a deep year. Heck, pick another one in the 4th and you're incredibly solid at RB and you still have Moss. Just a thought

OK I just proposed another trade! I have like I said 1:04 and coming back that that gives me 2:09 coming back in a 12 team league!

I'm tring to trade down to 7th which would give me 1:07 and coming back 2:06 and I asked for a 5th round pick next year for him monving up this year! Would this be a good deal! Or am I crazy?

HOLLA BACK and let me know!