[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears RB's

CaptainHook

I firmly believe that for this week Benson's role will be heavily impacted by how close the game is. If the Bears are very up or very down I'd expect Benson to get more looks as soon as its garbage time. If the game is close I'd expect to see the Bears rely more on the veteran Jones. But perhaps that's stating the obvious.

I firmly believe that for this week Benson's role will be heavily impacted by how close the game is.  If the Bears are very up or very down I'd expect Benson to get more looks as soon as its garbage time.  If the game is close I'd expect to see the Bears rely more on the veteran Jones.  But perhaps that's stating the obvious.

992907[/snapback]

This is the most likely scenario. I do expect this game to be close - the Bears have offensive issues, as we all know, but the Lions were far from impressive against the Pack. Hence Benson will likely have carries measured in single digits.

Bears coaches and players keep dropping soundbites about needing to respect Thomas Jones, and all that he means to the team. I take that to mean that a gradual shift over to Benson-time is coming, and they are trying to soften the blow when it comes. Word around here is that the O Line underperformed last Sunday, and that TJones wasn't to blame. Turner's Offense is more tailored to Benson, we hear, and the McCaskey's don't want to pay anybody $17MM and not see some immediate gratification. I'd say its Jones/Benson 60-40 this weekend.

In 32 More Homers, I have to decide between Thomas Jones vs. Detroit and Chris Brown vs. Baltimore.  I'm just trying to figure out who gets more carries.

992954[/snapback]

Wow, that's a toughy. I'd go with Jones now while he has value and based on last week, Brown/Henry had a 50-50 split. But, on the other hand, Henry is suffering from tt and may be more limited. Oprah, I don't know, glad it's not my problem. :D

Lovie Smith put some optimism in his press conference saying that they were only 1 win away from the conference lead.

If they are in the business of developing, I see that 60/40 split that someone mentioned, but Capt., I see an 80/20 split going Jones' way this weekend.

Something like 25 total touches for Jones, 5 for Benson. IMO.

993068[/snapback]

Thanks gil. That's what I was thinking as well. I don't like Chris Brown against Balt. If Jones gets the touches, he's a better start. Let me know if you hear any more.

Thanks gil.  That's what I was thinking as well.  I don't like Chris Brown against Balt.  If Jones gets the touches, he's a better start.  Let me know if you hear any more.

993081[/snapback]

Unless you hear differently, this is how I see it. Now, I doubt they'll give him the rock 25 times...but the gameplan should have 18-22 carries and a mix of passing for him this weekend. I'm starting Jones with confidence over Barlow in one league, sitting him for Taylor in another.

I firmly believe that for this week Benson's role will be heavily impacted by how close the game is.  If the Bears are very up or very down I'd expect Benson to get more looks as soon as its garbage time.  If the game is close I'd expect to see the Bears rely more on the veteran Jones.  But perhaps that's stating the obvious.

992907[/snapback]

I agree. Unfortunately (for Benson owners), I'm not sure either team can score more than 20 points, so I can't see it being "out of reach" in either team's favor. Because of this, I think you will see Jones get the most touches, with Benson getting 10-12.

Lovie Smith put some optimism in his press conference saying that they were only 1 win away from the conference lead.

If they are in the business of developing, I see that 60/40 split that someone mentioned, but Capt., I see an 80/20 split going Jones' way this weekend.

993068[/snapback]

:D Thanks gil. I started T. Jones. :D