[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chicago - Enjoy Randle-El

Menudo

There's a difference between a dropped pass and a badly thrown one.  If I remember right, there's a defined standard for what constitutes a drop.  It may be judgmental, but receivers are only charged with a drop if the pass should reasonably be caught in the normal run of things.

1327453[/snapback]

Yeah many of those "dropped pass" they talk about were on routes where the DB had his hands right there with Muhammad ready to try and intercept the ball.

Muhammad is just in a horrible passing offense and NOONE in the NFL was going to do anything in that offense at the WR spot. they had no threat at the other WR spot so Muhammad was doubled practically on every passing down, then the O-line gave the QB no time so he had to throw a many passes early, then when Orton did get time you never knew where he would throw the ball.

I don't blame last year on Muhammad at all.

On a side note, ever notice how God tells certain players what city they should play for? Why doesnt God ever tell them to go work at Taco Bell?  :D

1327344[/snapback]

:D

I like Randle El.  Unlike Plexiglas, I won't be happy to see him go.  But he's not that great, either as a WR or a kick returner.  Where this "electrifying" crap came from is beyond me.

1327467[/snapback]

Though I agree with most of what you said, Randle-El can be 'electrifying', it is simply that he doesn't do it on a consistent basis. I've seen him make plays and returns that are jaw-droppers, and I've also seen him make bone-headed plays that made me want to kill him. He is inconsistent, but can be 'electrifying'

:D  props to DocHolliday and msaint

wonder what PD's viewpoint would be on this? :D

1327504[/snapback]

Mush has one of the best pair of hands in the league, and I don't think he lost them from Carolina to Chi-town. Get him a another decent WR and a full mini, TC and PS with Grossman and I think you'll see what ya paid for in Mush.

Also, if the Panthers would have had him for another year, well let's just say the SB may have turned out a little different.

Also, if the Panthers would have had him for another year, well let's just say the SB may have turned out a little different.

1327530[/snapback]

Are you intimating that Pittsburgh would have beaten Carolina rather than Seattle if SEA still had the Mushman? :D

I'd have thought that would have happened if SDavis had stayed healthy the whole year or if DFoster hadn't gone down as well ...

Randell El is a #3 on a normal team but would be #2 calibur on the Bears.  It doesn't hurt things when a guy actually wants to be in your city either.

1327018[/snapback]

Good information here. I've really enjoyed have AREl on the team -- an exciting, versatile player, with the potential to become electric -- and I would love to see the STEEEEEEEELERS resign AREl without overpaying ... but if his heart or wallet are elsewhere, I wish him well ... just wish the tall Gibson kid we'd drafted last year had worked out ...

Randle-El is amazing and so much fun to watch. I'm not sure though how he would fare as a 2nd WR. He is great in the slot with his speed but facing a No. 2 CB is differnt. Thoughts? I would still take him in a heartbeat. Mushin stole money from us Bears fans.

1326764[/snapback]

I saw Moose shopping at the local Wal-Mart with his wife the other day. I guess he needs a cost of living raise? :D

Though I agree with most of what you said, Randle-El can be 'electrifying', it is simply that he doesn't do it on a consistent basis.  I've seen him make plays and returns that are jaw-droppers, and I've also seen him make bone-headed plays that made me want to kill him.  He is inconsistent, but can be 'electrifying'

1327517[/snapback]

He is very very overrated IMO. I think some teams think they are going to get another Plaxico Burress, but they won't be. it would not suprise me if he don't get 20 catches on Chicago. IMO Gage is just as good or better than he is.

Are you intimating that Pittsburgh would have beaten Carolina rather than Seattle if SEA still had the Mushman?  :D

I'd have thought that would have happened if SDavis had stayed healthy the whole year or if DFoster hadn't gone down as well ...

1327880[/snapback]

No way, no player ever could have beaten the refs in this years SB.

Cheers to that... Pittsburgh deserved to win, because they were the better team. But man there was some ruthless calls against Seattle. Especially that call on Djacks. wow!

1328239[/snapback]

As far as I am concerned both the Steelers and Seahawks lost to the referees.

This SB will forever be known as the SB that the referees stole from the players.

In my opinion, this is not a move the Bears should make.

You can not make a #3 a #2 and you can't make a #2 a #1.

e.g. Peerless Price

Of course he should be talking this up..he'd instantly be worth more in Chicago than any other city in the country--take his playing contract out of the equation--off the field he'd do fine.

However, I don't think he's a massive speed upgrade over Bernard Berrian (by the way...the same Bernard Berrian who was the only offensive player worth a dang against the Panthers) and who's to say Mark Bradley's ceiling isn't as high as Randle-El's?

I don't think this kid is "all that" and it wouldn't be a wise move for the Bears, who could spend their money in better ways IMO.

That is not to say that he wouldn't be a positive player, but I don't see him being an impact player that the money would make him out to be.

Plex didn't do too shabby in NY. I don't know what the knock on him in Pitt. was or if it was justified but, we'll keep him for now.

1328549[/snapback]

Plax has all the tools to become a superstar WR, I don't think Randle El has those same tools. I look at it like this, if Plax was still on Pitt there is no wayCedric irvin would cut into his catches like he did Randle El's.

That being said Plaxico is another TO just waiting to burst, the guy is a amazing azz.

My favorite idiot play of all time was when he was running out of bounds and spiked it backwards towards the trailing DB but spiked it before going out of bounds.

e.g. Peerless Price

Of course he should be talking this up..he'd instantly be worth more in Chicago than any other city in the country--take his playing contract out of the equation--off the field he'd do fine.

However, I don't think he's a massive speed upgrade over Bernard Berrian (by the way...the same Bernard Berrian who was the only offensive player worth a dang against the Panthers) and who's to say Mark Bradley's ceiling isn't as high as Randle-El's?

I don't think this kid is "all that" and it wouldn't be a wise move for the Bears, who could spend their money in better ways IMO.

That is not to say that he wouldn't be a positive player, but I don't see him being an impact player that the money would make him out to be.

1328462[/snapback]

I'm not sold either, but we could open up a roster spot by making him the #3 QB as well as a WR. :D

I think Pittsburgh did that.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

My favorite idiot play of all time was when he was running out of bounds and spiked it backwards towards the trailing DB but spiked it before going out of bounds.

1328566[/snapback]

I think you are referring to his rookie year. He caught a ball over the middle, but fell down. He thought he was down, even though he hadn't been touched, and stood up and spiked the ball. That was hilarious.

e.g. Peerless Price

1328462[/snapback]

Great info here. I have sorta pushed off thinking of Bradley. I was very high on him when the Bears drafted him and I still am. This guy can play and still has a long way to go. He got injured only when started to figure out things. Berrian came up nice near the end of the season too. I think the Bears have bigger needs than WR. Randel-El will probably get a lot of money in free agency and that money can be better used towards other positions now that I think of it. If we get him at a reasonable price, they maybe yeah. But I'm still not entirely sold on him as a No. 2.

Mushin did not "help" Orton out at all. He was critical of him all season and rarely made the big catch. And in big games, Mushin choked. He dropped ball after ball. Did Orton suck? No doubt about it. But at some point, you have to look at the WR and wonder what is his deal. Can he bounce back? Of course, we got Grossman who will be more mature and more experienced. That's also another reason why we don't exactly need another WR: Grossman will get better.