[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brooks a Raider

keggerz

Brooks and Collins both suck. I don't think I could stand another season of Collins. One season of Brooks might be one too many. But I too expect Walter to win the job, if he can just stay healthy.

Brooks will cost the Raiders about $8 million per year less than Collins. And Brooks comes in knowing he has to win the job, whereas Collins expected to be "The Man".

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys - I want no part of a Brooks debate. I've spent too many years lobbying for his release on the Saints board to start here. There are some things Oakland fans need to know:

He is in no way a scrambler. He looks like a newborn antelope trying to run and has a huge chip on his shoulder about being labeled a "scrambling QB". Don't expect him to run - at all. Yes he is physically gifted but he is no scrambler.

He has a rocket of an arm. Top 3 in the NFL is my guess on sheer velocity. Moss and Porter better get ready, because I actually can't think of anyone who throws harder. The bad part of that is - he'll do it on a 3 yard screen pass too. There is no touch - ever - on a pass.

He learned under Favre but thinks he can do those things too. He constantly throws off his back foot, always piroets(sp?) to the right when under pressure and generally his sacks are for 23 yard losses instead of the typical 10 yard variety. He will pick between Moss and Porter who his favorite is and you can forget the other guy.

And lets not forget that he likes to throw to lineman - get Gallery some receiving gloves just in case.

Aside from all of that, he lacks inteligence, heart, desire, determination, leadership, and poise. But he has an arm...

Sirius NFL Radio's Morning Blitz had an interesting take on the signing. Since they basically committed to a two-year deal, the feeling amongst all of them was that the writing is on the wall for the Raiders to take a QB with the 7th pick in the draft.

The concensus: Vince Young.

:D:D

Do you think the Saints fans are telling you this because of sour grapes? We hate Brooks for a very good reason. Brooks puts up great numbers, there's no doubt about it. But he also makes the worst decisions at the worst possible times. I can guarantee he will singlehandedly lose games for you. Whether it be by throwing an interception, taking a stupid sack, checking down to an outlet reciever when he knows he needs to get to a 1st down marker/TD, fumbling the ball, throwing a rocket 5 yards down the field or completely missing his mark... blah blah blah

1384199[/snapback]

Read my posts, I've clearly said not only did I not want this move as a fan, I also don't think the team should have made it considering the options that were available. I've also called the guy "dumb". I'm trying to see the good points he carries with him and said "on paper" it looks like it COULD be interesting, and even pointed out that we were saying the same things last year. He has a lot of INTs and makes bad decisions, but his numbers don't lie. Dumb as a rock? Abso-smurfly. Untelented? No.

I'm still hoping Walters (who was correctly pointed out as being in contention for the starting spot, not tui's clipboard job) is our guy and we draft Defense.

If we can just get it over with and cut Tuibacca now, good karma might start to come our way!!!

Sirius NFL Radio's Morning Blitz had an interesting take on the signing. Since they basically committed to a two-year deal, the feeling amongst all of them was that the writing is on the wall for the Raiders to take a QB with the 7th pick in the draft.

The concensus: Vince Young.

1384613[/snapback]

:D

If not one trades into the Saints spot, it will happen.

Guys - I want no part of a Brooks debate.  I've spent too many years lobbying for his release on the Saints board to start here.  There are some things Oakland fans need to know:

He is in no way a scrambler.  He looks like a newborn antelope trying to run and has a huge chip on his shoulder about being labeled a "scrambling QB".  Don't expect him to run - at all.  Yes he is physically gifted but he is no scrambler.

He has a rocket of an arm.  Top 3 in the NFL is my guess on sheer velocity.  Moss and Porter better get ready, because I actually can't think of anyone who throws harder.  The bad part of that is - he'll do it on a 3 yard screen pass too.  There is no touch - ever - on a pass.

He learned under Favre but thinks he can do those things too.  He constantly throws off his back foot, always piroets(sp?) to the right when under pressure and generally his sacks are for 23 yard losses instead of the typical 10 yard variety.  He will pick between Moss and Porter who his favorite is and you can forget the other guy. 

And lets not forget that he likes to throw to lineman - get Gallery some receiving gloves just in case.

Aside from all of that, he lacks inteligence, heart, desire, determination, leadership, and poise.  But he has an arm...

1384532[/snapback]

Aside from all of that, he lacks inteligence, heart, desire, determination, leadership, and poise.  But he has an arm...

1384532[/snapback]

So let me get this straight, the Saints release a quarterback that has supposedly nothing but an arm....for a 10 mil a year quarterback that has supposedly everything but an arm. Now that is comedy :D

Hell, Brees couldnt even pass Miami's physical, yet everyone seems to be so enamored with the guy. Well good luck with him Saint fans, unless someone builds him a bionic arm, I believe Brees will be the bust of the free agency this year....easy.

Edited by Return Of S&B

Could be dude - but there are many things in play here than just that. The Saints need a "poster boy" for the franchise, because they are also fighting for their New Orleans lives there. If the Saints don't have a great showing in attendance, etc this year (especially with Tags bowing out) then they will move. Brees provides that, and we don't have much of a choice so we'll back him.

In regards to Brooks, the Saints have had a brutal existence. I've been a Saints fan since I was born, and a fan shouldn't have to live through what I've lived through.

It ain't gonna happen with Brooks. Lets see if you can live through even 2 years of him starting while watching every game and come here and defend him in any way. The guy is about 2 bricks short of a couple of bricks. By default a QB has to lead - at least some.