[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My latest mock

Swiss Cheezhead

ROUND ONE

1. Houston – Mario Williams*, DE, N.C. State

2. New Orleans – D’Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia

3. Tennessee – Reggie Bush*, RB, Southern California

4. NY Jets – Matt Leinart, QB, Southern California

TRADE: Denver trades 1.15 & 1.22 (plus a day-2 pick) for Green Bay’s 1.05.

5. Denver (via Green Bay) – Vernon Davis*, TE, Maryland

6. San Francisco – Michael Huff, S, Texas

7. Oakland – A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio State

TRADE: Philadelphia trades 1.14 & 2.13 (plus a day-2 pick) for Buffalo’s 1.08.

8. Philadelphia (via Buffalo) – Haloti Ngata*, DT, Oregon

TRADE: Baltimore trades 1.13 & 2.12 for Detroit’s 1.09.

9. Baltimore (via Detroit) – Vince Young*, QB, Texas

10. Arizona – Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt

11. St. Louis – Ernie Sims*, LB, Florida State

12. Cleveland – Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College

13. Detroit (via Baltimore) – Winston Justice*, OT, Southern California

14. Buffalo (via Philadelphia) – Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida State

15. Green Bay (via Denver via Atlanta) – Chad Jackson*, WR, Florida

16. Miami – Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Polytechnic Institute

17. Minnesota – Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa

18. Dallas – Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn

19. San Diego – Santonio Holmes*, WR, Ohio State

20. Kansas City – Tye Hill, CB, Clemson

21. New England – Kamerion Wimbley, DE, Florida State

22. Green Bay (via Denver via Washington) – DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis

23. Tampa Bay – Eric Winston, OT, Miami

24. Cincinnati – Leonard Pope*, TE, Georgia

25. NY Giants – Thomas Howard, LB, Texas-El Paso

26. Chicago – Johnathan Joseph*, CB, South Carolina

27. Carolina – Jason Allen, S, Tennessee

28. Jacksonville – Laurence Maroney*, RB, Minnesota

29. NY Jets (via Denver) – LenDale White*, RB, Southern California

30. Indianapolis – Joseph Addai, RB, Louisiana State

31. Seattle – Antonio Cromartie*, CB, Florida State

32. Pittsburgh – Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State

ROUND TWO

1. Houston – Jonathan Scott, OT, Texas

2. New Orleans – Nick Mangold, C, Ohio State

3. NY Jets – Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio State

4. Green Bay – Ashton Youboty*, CB, Ohio State

5. Oakland – Marcedes Lewis, TE, California-Los Angeles

6. San Francisco – Manny Lawson, DE, North Carolina State

7. Tennessee – Omar Jacobs*, QB, Bowling Green

8. Detroit – Donte Whitner*, S, Ohio State

9. Arizona – Ko Simpson*, S, South Carolina

10. Buffalo – Darnell Bing*, S, Southern California

11. Cleveland – Gabe Watson, DT, Michigan

12. Detroit (via Baltimore) – Demeco Ryans, LB, Alabama

13. Buffalo (via Philadelphia) – Tamba Hali, DE, Pennsylvania State

14. St. Louis – Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas

15. Atlanta – Daryn Colledge, OT, Boise State

16. Minnesota – Brodie Croyle, QB, Alabama

17. Dallas – Pat Watkins, S, Florida State

18. San Diego – Kelly Jennings, CB, Miami (Florida)

19. Minnesota (via Miami) – Charles Spencer, G, Pittsburgh

20. New England – Maurice Stovall, WR, Notre Dame

21. Washington – Orien Harris, DT, Miami

22. Kansas City – Darryl Tapp, DE, Virginia Polytechnic Institute

23. Cincinnati – Ryan O’Callaghan, OT, California-Berkeley

24. NY Giants – Claude Wroten, DT, Louisiana State

25. Chicago – Anthony Fasano*, TE, Notre Dame

26. Carolina – Joe Klopfenstein, TE, Colorado

27. Tampa Bay – Rocky McIntosh, LB, Miami (Florida)

28. Jacksonville – Sinorice Moss, WR, Miami (Florida)

29. Denver – Daniel Bullocks, S, Nebraska

30. Indianapolis – Davin Joseph, G, Oklahoma

31. Seattle – Max Jean-Gilles, G, Georgia

32. Pittsburgh – Andrew Whitworth, OT, Louisiana State

EDIT: I had the Baltimore/Detroit 2nd-rounder listed incorrectly in the trade description. Just a typo.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

A few things I'm noticing:

-- Unless I force Sinorice Moss somewhere, he falls further than I expect.

-- It's always hard to predict where a huge, 350-lb guard (Jean-Gilles) will go.

-- The Patriots have a TON of "needs". They could go a number of directions.

-- Jacksonville, so far, has done the best job hiding their intentions. I know they want a TE, but I don't think they'll find good value in the first two rounds.

Another great job at a mock Swiss. I like Denver's moves, but for some reason I have a hard time seeing them make a big trade like this for Davis. I know he's the "no question" best TE availble and could be a great star in the NFL, I'm just wondering if he's that much better than Pope. I think really the only reason they might try to trade up is either for Mario, or maybe make a big splash and go after Bush! How would Bush look in a Denver uni. Perhaps both 1st round picks as well as a 2nd next year?

First off, you do a fantastic job on these mock drafts. It is obvious that you take your time with them.

For the Steelers...... With the size issue at WR, and the fact that Moss' is represented by Rosenhaus (I think I heard that correctly), you very well could be right that the Steelers go with Hagan over Moss. I still have a feeling that they end up passing on both & going with Nick Mangold (If he's there), a safety, or a Defensive End. I would like to see them go WR, but, it is just a feeling I have.

As for the 2nd round pick, I would be surprised to see the Steelers take an OT in that spot. They could use some depth on the O-Line, but, I don't see them taking one this early, when there is still need at WR, S, DE, ILB, & C.

Once again, great job ! :D

First off, you do a fantastic job on these mock drafts.  It is obvious that you take your time with them.

For the Steelers......  With the size issue at WR, and the fact that Moss' is represented by Rosenhaus (I think I heard that correctly), you very well could be right that the Steelers go with Hagan over Moss.  I still have a feeling that they end up passing on both & going with Nick Mangold (If he's there), a safety, or a Defensive End.  I would like to see them go WR, but, it is just a feeling I have.

As for the 2nd round pick, I would be surprised to see the Steelers take an OT in that spot.  They could use some depth on the O-Line, but, I don't see them taking one this early, when there is still need at WR, S, DE, ILB, & C. 

Once again, great job !  :D

1404185[/snapback]

Nice job on Mock....makes sense for Green Bay to do the deal for two picks if they are offered it...the Jackson pick though would be tough to swallow as they need "D" bad....then an RB?? I see LB or DB at #15 and a WR/RB or OL at #22....

Houston going DE after all the talk of Bush/trading down???? WOW....can you expound on that??? Titans takinga RB with Henry, Brown, etc/???

Very interesting!! :D

I wish the Eagles made a bold move like that....but Reid wouldn't give up his 1st and 2nd to move up 6 spots...

not that I am hating lol....I love the idea and it makes perfect sense...Reid just thinks that 2nd rounder is easily a pro-bowler every year....

I don't see the Panthers taking a safety that early in the draft. Ou biggest needs are on OL, LB and RB. I think that there is a good chance that we would take Maroney if he is available at #27. The other players I think the Panthers would take a hard look at our Thomas Howard from UTEP and Justice if he falls to #27. The Panthers are big on running the ball and even though they re-signed Foster and gave him a big contract, there is NO doubt him my mind they will jump at the chance to add depth to that position, given Foster's injury history.

Overall, a nice job and a good read. :D

Guest Sores

If Favre comes back, the Pack keeps 5, if he retires they could possibly deal.

I know you think Tamba Hali is slow, but your opinion is jaded for some reason and I will bet you he doesn't fall to the 45th pick.

I like Denver's moves, but for some reason I have a hard time seeing them make a big trade like this for Davis.  I know he's the "no question" best TE availble and could be a great star in the NFL, I'm just wondering if he's that much better than Pope.  I think really the only reason they might try to trade up is either for Mario,

1404170[/snapback]

Fair point about the relative difference between the TEs. I don't necessarily disagree with you, either, but I keep hearing that there are three prospects with whom Shanahan is infatuated: Williams, Davis, and Huff. Cutler COULD be in that mix, but probably not.

So, in this mock, Williams is gone, but Shanny would still have his choice between the best TE or the best safety. If he's infatuated enough, he'll still move up.

Pure conjecture on my part, though. :D

If Houston doenst take Bush I think they will trade down a few picks. :D

1404173[/snapback]

Well, I doubt they'll have any suitors for the #1 pick. Realistically, I think they'll take Bush, but there's a tiny voice inside me that keeps saying they want someone else. Mostly, I just wanted to start a mock with someone else going #1 and see what happened. :D

Nice job on Mock....makes sense for Green Bay to do the deal for two picks if they are offered it...the Jackson pick though would be tough to swallow as they need "D" bad....then an RB??  I see LB or DB at #15 and a WR/RB or OL at #22....

1404202[/snapback]

Most disagree with me, but I believe they need a stud RB more than a LB. There won't be good OL value for the Packers in the first round, whether they trade down or not.

Houston going DE after all the talk of Bush/trading down????  WOW....can you expound on that???  Titans takinga RB with Henry, Brown, etc/???

Very interesting!! :D

1404202[/snapback]

As I said above, I really don't think the Texans will be able to trade down. With that in mind, I wanted to do one mock where they didn't take Bush. After all, it's not TOTALLY out of the question. :D They haven't even started negotiating with him yet (with that, I'm sure Bush's phone just rang).

And, yes, the Titans would definitely take Bush over any other player. Brown's contract is up after this year and Henry certainly hasn't shown enough to be handed the reins of the running game.

First off, you do a fantastic job on these mock drafts.  It is obvious that you take your time with them.

For the Steelers......  With the size issue at WR, and the fact that Moss' is represented by Rosenhaus (I think I heard that correctly), you very well could be right that the Steelers go with Hagan over Moss.  I still have a feeling that they end up passing on both & going with Nick Mangold (If he's there), a safety, or a Defensive End.  I would like to see them go WR, but, it is just a feeling I have.

As for the 2nd round pick, I would be surprised to see the Steelers take an OT in that spot.  They could use some depth on the O-Line, but, I don't see them taking one this early, when there is still need at WR, S, DE, ILB, & C. 

Once again, great job !  :D

1404185[/snapback]

I considered Mangold, but from what I understand, they've been ready to hand the OC job to Okkobi for a couple of years now, but Hartings keeps having All-Pro seasons. If they don't think they can keep Okkobi in 2007, then Mangold would be a very nice selection.

Pittsburgh's 2nd pick was definitely tough, but only because I don't think they have any glaring "needs". With Hagan hypothetically in the fold, the WR position is shored up, I like Keisel, so I think their DEs are fine, their ILBs are very solid, if you're including Rian Wallace, and we've already discussed OC.

So, I believe it's possible that they look for an upgrade over Max Starks. Of all their starters, he's one of the weakest.

I don't see the Panthers taking a safety that early in the draft.  Ou biggest needs are on OL, LB and RB.  I think that there is a good chance that we would take Maroney if he is available at #27.  The other players I think the Panthers would take a hard look at our Thomas Howard from UTEP and Justice if he falls to #27.  The Panthers are big on running the ball and even though they re-signed Foster and gave him a big contract, there is NO doubt him my mind they will jump at the chance to add depth to that position, given Foster's injury history.

Overall, a nice job and a good read.  :D

1404223[/snapback]

I don't see a big OL need, honestly. Well, I take that back -- I see a need to move Wharton back to OG and get a better LT, but I don't think the TEAM sees a need. Hartwig is a very good OC and they like Mathis at RG.

I could see them taking Howard, but he's gone in this mock. I can't see them taking Ryans right there. Call it a hunch.

They might be tempted by Maroney, but with the money invested in Foster and a 2nd-round pick invested in Shelton, I think they'll certainly go with a different position in round 1.

On the other hand...Mike Minter showed definite signs of decline last season and he's 32. They currently don't have anybody waiting to replace him. If he got hurt, the team would be hurt worse. I think they're looking at lots of safeties.

If Favre comes back, the Pack keeps 5, if he retires they could possibly deal.

1404330[/snapback]

I don't think that's necessarily true. Two good, impact contributors can be better than one total stud. I'm sure Brett would see it that way, too.

I know you think Tamba Hali is slow, but your opinion is jaded for some reason and I will bet you he doesn't fall to the 45th pick.

1404330[/snapback]

The problem is, where do you put him? If Houston doesn't take him at the top of round 2, then you're hard-pressed to make him the best value for any team.

Hali isn't better than Kamp or KGB, so the Packers wouldn't take him. Do you have a different idea of where he'll go?

Highly unlikely those trades happen. Good deals for the teams moving up, bad for those moving down. It's usually the opposite effect. I can see the Baltimore move, but not the other two.

If you are going to play fantasy draft, round two should probably have more trades (and realistic ones) than round one. Sadly, this has no shock value though, people like to see first round drama.

Maybe 1 early 1st round trade, definitely a late first round trade or two. Someone moves up from the early 2nd to the 1st.

Totaly understand you going for the coolness factor.

I've liked all your mock drafts so far, and this is no exception. The Bolts could do alot worse than Holmes at WR in the first and Jennings at CB in the second.

I'll take 'em!!! :D

Another great job at a mock Swiss.  I like Denver's moves, but for some reason I have a hard time seeing them make a big trade like this for Davis.  I know he's the "no question" best TE availble and could be a great star in the NFL, I'm just wondering if he's that much better than Pope.  I think really the only reason they might try to trade up is either for Mario, or maybe make a big splash and go after Bush!  How would Bush look in a Denver uni.  Perhaps both 1st round picks as well as a 2nd next year?

1404170[/snapback]

yeah i can't see them trading into the top 5 to take a TE. the other possibility you didnt mention is that they might go after one of the top QBs. but i don't see them doing that this year, either.