[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Williams suspended one year

TheGrunt

Let's make it real simple.  If he had the fire(for football), he'd be playing this year.

1437398[/snapback]

Pfft. You don't even know what he was suspended for.

Edit: I was as big of a detractor of RW as there was when he split on his team. But, after seeing him come back at a low salary, be a backup and a team player, I feel bad for the guy if this wasn't a performance enhancing drug or a "get high" drug.

Edited by proninja

This is a joke.  You're telling me other players don't smoke pot.  Athletes in other leagues don't smoke pot.  Gimme a break.  So many of you are so god d*mn self righteous.

1437469[/snapback]

Nothing wrong with a little "kind bud" but he is pissing away a lot of things. Sometimes rules suck but unless you can beat it or you're the boss then follow them....

Not sure why so many people expected that he had actually changed his life. The only reason he came back to the NFL is because of the 8 million the dolphins wanted back. He clearly was just going through the motions and wasn't putting his heart into it.

1437329[/snapback]

I doubt it will be made public - cetainly not officially anyway.

But regardless, after three failed tests and a one year suspension, he was a fool if he ever had anything more than a glass of water and the occasional orange juice.

As was mentioned too - he never had his heart in it anyway. It was all about his wallet and the money he owed. He lost the fire long ago.

1437336[/snapback]

I dont see how any one that doesnt personally know the man, can judge what is in his heart. :D I do find it interesting that he is looking forward to coming back in 2007. I guess that will be just another season of going through the motions. :D

In my opinion this is why the NFL is the most legit sport out there right now. The NFL puts the rules and laws out there and expects the athletes to follow them. When the athletes dont follow the rules, they are punished. The athletes are held accountable.

Kudos to the NFL  :D

1437312[/snapback]

Hail Hitler!

Biitch.

Edited by Crazysight

The rules/laws on pot are absolute bullshucks and I've always been against them, but at the same time I think people are quick to annoint RW as some kind of saint or martyr because of the problems he's had with the substance abuse problem. If you read some of the info on him regarding his personal life/domestic issues you'll see he's really irresponsible if not simply a creep. He reportedly tried to deny fathering a kid with some woman before she took him to court and won a settlement for the fact that he was the father. Somebody on here actually said he's knocked up 3 different women, thoguh I haven't confirmed this. As far as what kind of NFL player he is, lets not forget that he did bail on his team despite the issues that he had with the league, and then tried to keep the money that he didn't rightfully earn. The only reason he came back to the NFL at all is so that he wouldn't lose the massive amount of money that he stood to lose by leaving.

If millions aren't enough to stay clean, what is?

If millions aren't enough to stay clean, what is?

1437586[/snapback]

Thats the catch with me, is I dont think this was a recreational drug that was found (I could be wrong though). But like someone else said on here, Ricky has always been pretty honest, even to a fault at times. So if he says he wasnt using, I believe it. I think (could be wrong again) that he only actually failed 2 tests, the 3rd was due to his retiring and not taking it.

Seems as though there are many bleeding hearts here that feel bad for pooooor ole' Ricky. How soon people forget. He turned his life around? OK I guess people know him personally, I don't so I'll just have to rely on what the league puts out on him. Poor guy only smoked some pot and...

There's other players that do worse things? Yes there are but, if they're caught for something the league banned or has penalties for they are dealt similar punishments. If, as stated in a previous post, they break the law the courts will decide their punishment and the league just taps theirs on top. That's the rules. I think you've got to live with them or...

If people feel that bad for the man, send him a donation so he can pay back the Dolphins the money he'll owe. But, I guess some of you don't believe he needs to pay that penalty either.

And yes, I'm a Ronnie Brown:yay: owner but I'd feel the same way if I weren't.

My point was not about using illegal drugs, people can do whatever they want. But to have an opportunity to play a game for millions of dollars that could set you up for life in just a year or two and throw that away because you would rather try recreational drugs is a horrible waste to me. I mean these guys could just hold off on that stuff for a couple of years and then live the rest of their life in a smoky haze for that matter.

And if Ricky already had tested positive three times, even if it was not a recreational drug that caught him he should have known better than taking anything that could impact his testing. At least if he really wanted to play and have a career. It is his responsibility to ensure nothing he takes is going to affect his standing in the NFL, at least if he really wanted to be there.

It is just simple cause and effect. If you do this, then that happens. I am sure there are untold numbers of people who get away with it, but that does not diminish what the rules can do and that the effect is proper.

Far as my comment on him just playing for a paycheck, I honestly believe that is true given everything I have seen and heard. Even more so now that he once again tested positive. I think he could be a truly great RB but I do not believe that is the most important thing to him - how could it be?

My point was not about using illegal drugs, people can do whatever they want. But to have an opportunity to play a game for millions of dollars that could set you up for life in just a year or two and throw that away because you would rather try recreational drugs is a horrible waste to me. I mean these guys could just hold off on that stuff for a couple of years and then live the rest of their life in a smoky haze for that matter.

This exactly what I am talking about, I bust my a$$ every day. Blowing all you have like that is a total waste. Show some restraint and he was set for life.