[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deuce weighs in on Reggie

rajncajn

I've gotta say, as exciting as it is to have Bush, Deuce will always be one of my favorite Saints players of all time partly because of his play on the field, but mostly because of his attitude & class. :D

Michael Silver of SI interviews Deuce McAllister regarding Bush & his future with the Saints.

"If I was a GM, I'd have taken him -- he's that talented," McAllister said of the electrifying running back. "We still have some needs, offensively and defensively, but he's going to help in a lot of ways. He can add a couple of years to my career, and with him and Drew [brees] coming here, it can help raise the excitement level, especially if you look at this city trying to recover from Katrina. Hopefully, this will get the word out about New Orleans and the challenges we still face."

I asked McAllister, who signed an eight-year, $50 million contract extension last summer, if he thought the Saints would've passed on Bush (or traded the pick) were he not coming off a torn ACL. He sighed and said, "To be honest, they'd probably still have taken him. But it's good, because with me coming off the injury, I don't need to be touching the ball more than 25 times a game. When they drafted me, and Ricky [Williams] was here, he had to touch it at least 25 times or he wasn't as effective. I'll be fine with 20."

"This isn't the same as when I came in and they traded Ricky the next year," McAllister said. "What's going to make it more difficult is that I just signed that new contract. If they want to get rid of me, it's kind of like cap murder."

sounds a lot like what jake plummer has ben saying of late...

"I talked with Mike and I think I would have made the same pick," Plummer said. "You go get a guy like him. Especially with this organization, when are we going to get a chance to pick that high again? Hopefully not in a long, long time."

"All the fans who are week to week during the season all the sudden can see into the future and years from now," Plummer said. "Let them do what they want. We're focused on winning ballgames. I'm focused on getting ready for this season and going to the Super Bowl, hopefully take it that one step further than we did last year.

"And if it arrives where I'm competing and getting beat out by Jay Cutler, then so be it. I'm not going to sit here and worry about two years from now when I've got a whole lot to take care of in this next year."

1454251[/snapback]

:D That's actually a respectable soundbite from Jake. When he was a young guy in Phoenix, he was a total ass, but it does sound like he's matured some.

Of course, the whole "let-the-fans-do-what-they-want" schpiel only works if he can resist the temptation to give them the finger. :D

1454251[/snapback]

Why do you change every post around to be about your Broncos...............:D:D

Edited by Menudo

Wait........there's another team? :D

1454390[/snapback]

Well, only one appeared to show up in Denver for the AFC Championship Game......... :D

As a Duece owner in a Dynasty I am thrilled.

Less worry on injuries and you know Duece is going to get the goaline carries.

1454233[/snapback]

You sure have your rose colored glasses on. i don't see how it can't cut into his production somewhat.

You sure have your rose colored glasses on. i don't see how it can't cut into his production somewhat.

1454416[/snapback]

yeah, drafting bush is NOT good news for deuce dynasty owners, any way you try to spin it. even if it adds to the length of his career, 1 or 2 years of an every down workhorse is more valuable than 3 or 4 years of TD vulturing.

Why do you change every post around to be about your Broncos...............:D  :D

1454285[/snapback]

He's been doing it ever since he came on here. :D Typical Denver Brokeback fan :D

yeah, drafting bush is NOT good news for deuce dynasty owners, any way you try to spin it.  even if it adds to the length of his career, 1 or 2 years of an every down workhorse is more valuable than 3 or 4 years of TD vulturing.

1454434[/snapback]

I'd have to agree. Fantasy-wise this is not good for Deuce owners although I think for this year he will still get most of the carries & be a viable starter for most fantasy teams. Just not top 5 numbers like people expected of him last year before the injury.

1454251[/snapback]

Well yeah what did you think he was going to say "I'm a tool and I can't play, Cutler is the better QB"

:D

1454416[/snapback]

Go look at his #s last two years. Ill take a duece with the occasional TD than a duece on the sidelines in crutches.

I've gotta say, as exciting as it is to have Bush, Deuce will always be one of my favorite Saints players of all time partly because of his play on the field, but mostly because of his attitude & class.  :D

Michael Silver of SI interviews Deuce McAllister regarding Bush & his future with the Saints.

1454200[/snapback]

Yeah attitude has characterized a lot lately and Deuce just cashed in on it. :D