[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ahman absent at mini camp?

theeohiostate

:D You have B.O.S. -- Bitter Owner Syndrome -- and it's clouding your judgement. :D

Like I said, you may be right in predicting an injury to Davenport, but I can say with utmost confidence that the chance of a future injury won't hurt Davenport in the competition for the starting RB job in training camp.

1478358[/snapback]

I like that - Bitter Owner Syndrome :D

But it's not just B.O.S. with Davenport.

Davenport has been in the NFL for four years, as a Back Up RB.

Not a fulltime 20+ carry per game RB, a change of pace, give the starter a breather RB.

He has yet to play a full 16 game schedule in any of his 4 years as a Back Up.

8 games, 15 games, 11 games & 5 games. 77 carries in a year, is the most he's been able to handle to date.

If he can't make it through 16 games as a limited carry Back Up RB with a 4 year high of 77 carries, I definitely don't see him making it through 16 games as a 20+ carry per game starting RB. :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that Davenport not only played runningback, but special teams as well. A few years back he injured himself while tackling a kick returner in Detroit. He hit the guy with such force he broke his helmet and fractured his eye orbital. Thats more of a freak accident than anything else. His rookie year he was hurt as all rookie runninbacks do.

Last year he happened to get really unlucky and break his ankle. Its more of a bad luck thing then him being DeShaun Foster fragile like.

How many packer games do you watch?

Remember that Davenport not only played runningback, but special teams as well.  A few years back he injured himself while tackling a kick returner in Detroit.  He hit the guy with such force he broke his helmet and fractured his eye orbital.  Thats more of a freak accident than anything else.  His rookie year he was hurt as all rookie runninbacks do. 

Last year he happened to get really unlucky and break his ankle.  Its more of a bad luck thing then him being DeShaun Foster fragile like. 

How many packer games do you watch?

1478753[/snapback]

You forgot the hammy problems he's had. Regardless of how many Packer games I do, or don't watch, the facts mentioned in my above post, remain.

You think he'll hold up as a 16 game starter, cool. :D

I don't. :D

You think he'll hold up as a 16 game starter, cool. :D

I don't. :D

1479009[/snapback]

:D

I don't think anybody -- myself or pirates -- is ready to guarantee Davenport's health over an entire season. But that's not my point...

My point is that Davenport could STILL win the training-camp competition for the starting job. All he has to do is stay healthy during training camp and outperform Gado, and the coaches will anoint him the Packers' starting RB.

If that happens, Gado's only real value will come if/when Davenport gets injured. However, regardless of how you feel about Davenport's injury history, IF he wins the starting job (not a given), you'd be silly to draft Gado ahead of him.

GREEN BAY - It was next to nothing - light running, calisthenics and stretching at a minicamp practice - but Ahman Green did it. And the Green Bay Packers former Pro Bowl halfback, who is recovering from a ruptured quadriceps tendon in his right leg suffered Oct. 23, enjoyed every minute of it.

"I'm feeling good. I'm more than halfway there," Green said of his comeback. "I just have to be patient."

His chances of getting back aren't great but we all have to wait and see. He is doing all he can. Using fork jargon is pretty bad imo. The guy is a man who has given a lot to the team.

His chances of getting back aren't great but we all have to wait and see. He is doing all he can. Using fork jargon is pretty bad imo. The guy is a man who has given a lot to the team.

1479052[/snapback]

He's also a repeat wife-abuser. I have little sympathy for a football player with a knee injury anyway, and when the guy's a potential ass-hole on top of it, I won't apologize for sticking a premature fork into his backside. :D

He's also a repeat wife-abuser. I have little sympathy for a football player with a  knee injury anyway, and when the guy's a potential ass-hole on top of it, I won't apologize for sticking a premature fork into his backside. :D

1479110[/snapback]

I didn't ask for an apology. And I didn't hear of a repeat wife beating. I don't like that either, would not do it myself. Still it happens a lot more outside of sports and should be addressed more.

I didn't ask for an apology.  And I didn't hear of a repeat wife beating. I don't like that either, would not do it myself. Still it happens a lot more outside of sports and should be addressed more.

1479120[/snapback]

I was responding to your comment that "using fork jargon is pretty bad."

Either way, the rest of what you just said is correct. :D

Using fork jargon is pretty bad imo.

1479052[/snapback]

What do we have now, sensitivity issues on a FF message board :D

Lighten up Francis, the :fork: is about his fantasy value this season, not what he's done for the team in the past.

Just as an FYI I read up some more on quad tears.

The chances of an individual coming back to 100% pre injury form, are not good.

Most patients can return to their previous occupations, but many cannot return to their preinjury activity level.

In a large study, Konrath and associates found that 83% of patients returned to their previous occupations, 51% were unable to return to their preinjury activity levels, and 53% had persistent quadriceps strength deficits (>20% compared with the uninjured leg).

Quadriceps Tendon Rupture - Prognosis

On the wife beating thingy, I hear that's very much a two way street.

I know that on one of the many occasions where Mrs. Green called the cops on Ahman, she's the one that ended up getting cuffed and taken away for Assault & Battery. No marks on her, but Ahman's face was swollen, along with sporting a nice busted lip.

Apparently she's a bit of a nut. Probably undiagnosed Bi Polar Disorder. That would be my guess anyway.

He should've divorced her years ago.

Oh come on guys, he has given his blood and sweat to the Packers!  :D  :D  :D

1479230[/snapback]

Leave Randall alone Otis.

He's a modern man and very in touch with his sensitive side. :D

My point is that Davenport could STILL win the training-camp competition for the starting job. All he has to do is stay healthy during training camp and outperform Gado

1479027[/snapback]

In other words, Gado will be the starter if Green can't make it back. :D

On the wife beating thingy, I hear that's very much a two way street.

I know that on one of the many occasions where Mrs. Green called the cops on Ahman, she's the one that ended up getting cuffed and taken away for Assault & Battery. No marks on her, but Ahman's face was swollen, along with sporting a nice busted lip.

Apparently she's a bit of a nut. Probably undiagnosed Bi Polar Disorder. That would be my guess anyway.

He should've divorced her years ago.

1479235[/snapback]

Yeah, I read similar things as well, but I'm pretty certain Green has actually been found guilty of or pled guilty to assault charges against his wife. So, he's guilty of it. It's not my fault his wife's a psycho. Like you said -- divorce her crazy ass, but don't beat her. :D

Oh come on guys, he has given his blood and sweat to the Packers!  :D  :D  :D

1479230[/snapback]

Frickin liberal latte drinkin gay lovin Howard Dean lovin new yorker! :D

Packers | Team will train Davenport at fullback

Sat, 20 May 2006 20:59:32 -0700

Lori Nickel, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers will train RB Najeh Davenport at fullback. Offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski said both Davenport and RB Ahman Green could be in the backfield at the same time. Jagodzinski added, "In this scheme, the fullback position has always been able to go back and play tailback because of what we do. I think he can do both. He's athletic enough to do it." The team likes that Davenport is big enough to block at fullback.

I have to agree with you bigscore. I've read the same stuff about late august, but I still believe that Ahman is too great of a back to not bounce back. This reminds me of Stephen Davis' situation from a few years ago. He bottomed out after having several strong years only to bounce back towards the end of it and finish his career off strongly.

Last year Green had to contend with a diminished offensive line, an injured star receiver, which further weakened the offense on the whole, and off-field problems that were no doubt a distraction. In short, Green bottomed-out. That doesn't mean he's all done. I expect him to bounce back refocused and have a strong finish to his career.

It seems like a long-shot for him to make a strong return this year however.

Edited by Crazysight

Davenport as a FB... that would a awesome way to lose your best back to injury again! That's what he needs, to hit someone every single play until he's injured again... maybe they'll use him on special teams too. He's way more valueable doing the little things than toting the rock. As a Vikes fan, :D

Davenport as a FB...  that would a awesome way to lose your best back to injury again!  That's what he needs, to hit someone every single play until he's injured again...  maybe they'll use him on special teams too.  He's way more valueable doing the little things than toting the rock.  As a Vikes fan,  :D

1479963[/snapback]

Full Back isn't anything new to Davenport . His last 1.5 seasons at the U, were spent as their Full Back.

He's also played Special Teams every year he's been in the NFL.

I don't think it matters where they play him. He's an injury waiting to happen. The only question is when does it happen?

Davenport won't participate in TC until late July or early August.

With a 5-inch scar up the side of his foot and enough scar tissue to leave the ankle a little swollen, Davenport still had hoped he would be able to play in the Packers' second minicamp of the Mike McCarthy era this weekend.

Instead, he won't be ready until training camp sometime in late July or early August.

www.jsonline.com