[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sleeper at RB

Scooby

I am buying Steven Jackson over Sean Alexander in the NFC. Who's with me?

I am with ya based on a few things. I'd rather have Jackson in my keeper league because he is younger. Alexander has a curse hanging over his head. Since Alexander got "his peice of the pie" there isn't as much left to go to his O-line or other teammates. Jackson is about to go off this year.

Kevan Barlow - Overlooked with the supposed emergence of Frank Gore. This may be his last chance to prove himself. Could make for good late round value in a very deep league.

Chris Perry - I have a feeling this is the next Larry Johnson waiting to happen. Only problem is he has to push Rudi johnson out of the way.

Marion Barber - Backing up an oft injured RB who has still really to prove himself in Julius Jones. Can't be sure if you can buy all (or any, for that matter) of Parcell's hype, but there are reasons why he really likes this guy. He can catch, block, and run the football between the tackles. If he played every down, he'd be an 1,100 - 10 TD type.

Oh, and you'd have to be mentally unbalanced to rank SJ above SA.

Id throw Chester Taylor in as a sleeper. After all, he will now run behind the guy replaced by the "retarded emporer penguin".

I just don't think that I can rate a guy who has put up no real production, yet is being taken in the 3rd round, as a sleeper. Now Mewelde Moore on the other hand could represent nice late round value. Also a guy like Jonathan Wells who backs up a gimpy DD could come through nicely on a late round flyer.

Edited by General Itals

I have also read last year he did better on the right side of that line.

You read "right", hombre.

While Alexander took the fewest number of run plays to the right side last year (81, compared to 96 to the left and 86 up the middle), he nevertheless averaged 6.5 YPC going to the right side. He "only" averaged 4.4 to the left and 4.2 YPC up the middle. Stated differently, Alexander earned more yards on the ground - and on fewer carries - running to the right side last year.

Contrary to popular belief, Alexander doesn't need to run just to the left side to be extremely productive.

Edited by yo mama

Sjacks can and will go ahead of 'some' other top guys just based on the NFC West's sched. However, SA plays in that very same division...

Alexander had 366 in 2005, and 313 in 2004 in my PPR league. Last season Jackson had 220... So it's not like even with the PPR for Sjacks, you could still somehow justify your bold statement... Tough call...

Edited by Raider.Nation

Kevan Barlow - Overlooked with the supposed emergence of Frank Gore. This may be his last chance to prove himself. Could make for good late round value in a very deep league.

I don't know about Barlow, he's had every opportunity to succeed. He's not that great of a runner. Notice he always stumbles out of the hole?..not good...

Chris Perry - I have a feeling this is the next Larry Johnson waiting to happen. Only problem is he has to push Rudi johnson out of the way.

I like Perry a lot. He can do it all, catch and run. Was awesome at Michigan. But like u said, Rudi seems like he won't break down like how Priest did. Maybe Perry should pull a T henry and ask to be traded

Marion Barber - Backing up an oft injured RB who has still really to prove himself in Julius Jones. Can't be sure if you can buy all (or any, for that matter) of Parcell's hype, but there are reasons why he really likes this guy. He can catch, block, and run the football between the tackles. If he played every down, he'd be an 1,100 - 10 TD type.

If JJ goes down, do you think Barber can carry the load himself? Is Barber that good of a back?

Oh, and you'd have to be mentally unbalanced to rank SJ above SA.

Edited by samurai30

I'm steering clear of SA this year simply because of the 370 carries last year. DMD did an article a while back and 360 seemed to be the magic number - IIRC only Eric Dickerson and one other back (Earl Campbell?) had good seasons following a 360+ carry season.