[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Life without Dom

jetsfan

:D

As a rookie last season, Morency showed flashes of excellence, carrying the ball 46 times for 184 yards and two touchdowns. Because Domanick Davis is still out with a sore knee and no one knows when he'll return, Kubiak and offensive coordinator Troy Calhoun are auditioning candidates to replace him.

Rookie Wali Lundy, a sixth-round pick from Virginia, will start against the Rams because of his performance in the 24-14 victory over Kansas City. Lundy had nine carries for 59 yards and a touchdown.

The coaches plan to give two backs a lot of carries in the regular season unless one emerges as the clear-cut winner in the competition to excel in the system Kubiak and Calhoun brought from Denver.

Drafting now, I would take Lundy then Morency.

edit: I thought I should start a new thread since the other two were no longer about DD

Edited by jetsfan

From the linked article;

"I envision us playing more than one guy," Kubiak said. "We'll play two for sure. We might play three. We'll definitely have a system where we'll rotate so we're not wearing out one guy."

Sounds like RBBC to me. :D

Let's see... Kubiak came from Denver - a known RBBC franchise. See no reason why he wouldn't carry that on to Houston. Pretty much expected I would think... even if DD wasn't hurt/hurting.

Isn't last year, Denver's only clear cut example of RBBC Sky? :D

Isn't last year, Denver's only clear cut example of RBBC Sky? :D

Not really. It has been musical RB's for awhile now. You never know who is starting and how long they will remain in the game. One tiny lil ol' fumble and boom... bench time... bring on the next guy in line.

I will grant you that a #1 is usually named.... but no one there ever sticks to that..... at least it seems that way to me.

I stay away from Denver RB's. Just not worth the aggravation. And with DD always iffy... I will be staying away from Houston RB's too.

Probably just my way of looking at it... but sure seems like a RBBC for awhile team to me.

And to stay on topic... I would probably take Lundy if I was at the end of a gun barrel and had to make a choice.

Agreed. Lundy has looked really good so far, and will be starting on Sat. Smith started last weekend, but looked sloooow (shocking I know). Mornency will be playing with the 2nd stringers on Sat. to see how he does.

and, can we keep the moranic Bush comments in the other threads? some of us prefer to read news instead of listening to some 5 year olds bicker.

Edited by jetsfan

And to stay on topic... I would probably take Lundy if I was at the end of a gun barrel and had to make a choice.

I just got a request to trade Lundy by the DD owner. Got one to trade Greg Jones by the Taylor owner earlier, but held on to him. I'm not real big on handcuffs.

I just got a request to trade Lundy by the DD owner. Got one to trade Greg Jones by the Taylor owner earlier, but held on to him. I'm not real big on handcuffs.

I'd tell him to come with the big guns or stay at home. No reason to help a guy out... you are trying to win right?

I'd tell him to come with the big guns or stay at home. No reason to help a guy out... you are trying to win right?

Yes - to many owners are looking for a fair trade - cow poop, if i don't come out on top then no trade.

and i never like to make a trade that is going to help a team in my division

Agreed. Lundy has looked really good so far, and will be starting on Sat. Smith started last weekend, but looked sloooow (shocking I know). Mornency will be playing with the 2nd stringers on Sat. to see how he does.

and, can we keep the moranic Bush comments in the other threads? some of us prefer to read news instead of listening to some 5 year olds bicker.

I swear I read somewhere that Morency was getting the start this weekend.

From Footballguys Daily email update:

Source: HoustonTexans.com

HC Gary Kubiak wants to take a closer look at RB Vernand Morency during the Texans' next pre-season game. "From a player's standpoint, the one thing that would jump at me is that I want to take a good look at Morency this week. From a team standpoint, I want to challenge him, even more mentally this week as we start the move toward preparing for a normal game week, so I want to do that with him."

I guess it doesn't necessarily say he's starting.

Edited by Sam

I swear I read somewhere that Morency was getting the start this weekend.

From Footballguys Daily email update:

Source: HoustonTexans.com

HC Gary Kubiak wants to take a closer look at RB Vernand Morency during the Texans' next pre-season game. "From a player's standpoint, the one thing that would jump at me is that I want to take a good look at Morency this week. From a team standpoint, I want to challenge him, even more mentally this week as we start the move toward preparing for a normal game week, so I want to do that with him."

I guess it doesn't necessarily say he's starting.

From the Chronicle link:

Rookie Wali Lundy, a sixth-round pick from Virginia, will start against the Rams because of his performance in the 24-14 victory over Kansas City. Lundy had nine carries for 59 yards and a touchdown.

Every year it seems more and more teams are going to a RBBC approach. It makes it tougher for us fantasy folks.

Refering back to the Manning article yesterday it might make sense, although its still tough not to go with RB, RB for the first two picks.

But at the same time, the number of true RB starters is dwindling down so fast, you better grab em while you can.

I know I'll be grabbing all the backs I can and watching that Manning owner attempt to make lopsided trades in an attempt to grab a quality back.

I don't know that the Houston running game was that good or will be half as good with Dom. Perhaps Carr might be a good backup QB, he'll most likely be throwing alot.