[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travis Henry Starting?

brentw

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have limited posts but go to the sportsline player news page and read it yourself! I am just sharing info and PLUS I am new to the Huddle message board! Some people are new and don't have many posts!

I am not a rookie to FF and wanted to start a topic to see if others heard anything......

Nice work Newb! :D

But if my memory serves me correct CBS has a least one of these unfounded reports posted at least once a year for as many years as i can remember. This one may be legit, but i don't give alot of credit to CBS, once someone else can callborate the story, which has yet to happen by the way, then i will believe it.

Edited by theeohiostate

Travis Henry has had a very nice camp. He has been very dedicated to the off season program and is looking alot better than the bitter disappointment he was last year. But it is laughable for anybody to think he will start ahead of Chris Brown. They are not even close to the same talent level. Brown is light years better than Henry, and now with White onboard, this could be Henrys last year with the Titans. Brown is your starter until he gets hurt. White is being groomed as his successor. Travis Henry is merely depth and a little change of pace/short yardage guy.

Now, as pointed out earlier, it makes some sense that they could be showcasing Cheese for a trade, or just want to limit Browns exposure to injury in the preseason. But I lol everytime some jack ass posts some stupid internet rumor. Tools...

Travis Henry has had a very nice camp. He has been very dedicated to the off season program and is looking alot better than the bitter disappointment he was last year. But it is laughable for anybody to think he will start ahead of Chris Brown. They are not even close to the same talent level. Brown is light years better than Henry, and now with White onboard, this could be Henrys last year with the Titans. Brown is your starter until he gets hurt. White is being groomed as his successor. Travis Henry is merely depth and a little change of pace/short yardage guy.

Now, as pointed out earlier, it makes some sense that they could be showcasing Cheese for a trade, or just want to limit Browns exposure to injury in the preseason. But I lol everytime some jack ass posts some stupid internet rumor. Tools...

That's what makes these message boards what they are! CBS reported it, he just posted it. Doesn't mean he's the one throwing these rumours out there. Get a grip on reality, and take a look where you are dude! If people didn't post things like this, it would just be mindless chatter from a bunch of "Huddler Pros" with 10,000 posts about nothing and their own opinions...

I think you are being a little rough there as he posted it directly from Sportsline not just as a rumor "he heard". While sportsline has proven to be unreliable at times it is a source of information for many fantasy footballers and therefore comes in above a "saw it on a message board" post.

That's what makes these message boards what they are! CBS reported it, he just posted it. Doesn't mean he's the one throwing these rumours out there. Get a grip on reality, and take a look where you are dude! If people didn't post things like this, it would just be mindless chatter from a bunch of "Huddler Pros" with 10,000 posts about nothing and their own opinions...

...............and the problem with that is?

:D

Nice work Newb! :D

But if my memory serves me correct CBS has a least one of these unfounded reports posted at least once a year for as many years as i can remember. This one may be legit, but i don't give alot of credit to CBS, once someone else can callborate the story, which has yet to happen by the way, then i will believe it.

Correct, like the bogug Portis injury report 2 years ago.

The starter of the forum stated it in a form of being in question and put in the "?" so I took it as rumor.

Then again, maybe Fisher just had a phone conversation with Shananagans. Goes something like this:

Fisher: Well Mike, I'm having trouble justifying 3 starting RBs on my roster.

Shananagans: Well, you actually have a luxury there Jeff.

Fisher: But Mikey, one of the guys is already wanting a trade he's so unhappy with the sitch.

Shananagans: Here's what you do Jeff. I do this all the time to f*ck with fantasy footballers. Just when everyone is thinking one is the starter, change your mind and name the 3rd guy the starter. Make sure you do this right before the last preseason game so it has a greater effect. The best scenario is that another team might have a need and offer a trade for one of the 3. Worst case scenario is that you keep all 3 on your roster and change them up constantly. I love doing this as it really messes with the FF leagues around the nation. In fact Jeff, I might have a need for one of those RBs. You want to trade?

:D:D:D

looks like I'm not the only one spreading the word.....

Here is a post off of myfantasyleague news articles who is quoting rotoworld who is quoting sportsline who is quoting the UNKNOWN source!!!!

(Rotoworld) CBSSportsline.com quotes a source that Travis Henry is expect to be the team's Week 1 starter against the Jets.

Impact: We'd love to see it confirmed elsewhere. We've heard rumblings that Henry has impressed this summer, but thought the team might be inflating his trade stock. We can't get too excited about Henry's chances to keep the job if it's his. He's averaged under four yards-per-carry in two straight years and is bound to lose snaps to Brown and LenDale White. He's averaged 2.5 yards-per-carry this season. That said, move him well up your draft board.

So IF Henry is starting just so he can be shopped around, which teams are the likely buyers?

Raiders could use someone behind Jordan. Texans, maybe. SF's RB depth is a little iffy (though I'm a big fan of Maurice Hicks, personally). Miami could use someone behind Ronnie B. Henry might have some value in the Steelers' system for NFL purposes. Vikings don't have reliable depth behind their unproven starter. Same with Detroit. The same is true, ironically, with the Bills.

...............and the problem with that is?

:D

The problem is when you "Huddle Pros" attack people for posting items like this. Why should anyone put any stock into what you say, when you attack people for posting whatever they chose to. 9,000 posts on some message board doesn't make anyone an expert or some NFL insider. So don't go dissing people for posting something they've read in order to generate a discussion man. I thought that was what thehuddle was for?

The problem is when you "Huddle Pros" attack people for posting items like this. Why should anyone put any stock into what you say, when you attack people for posting whatever they chose to. 9,000 posts on some message board doesn't make anyone an expert or some NFL insider. So don't go dissing people for posting something they've read in order to generate a discussion man. I thought that was what thehuddle was for?

Hey, I'm not defending the "Huddle Pro" status as some sort of cloak of invulnerability. And while Spain may be an indefensible loon most of the time, he's knows three things very well: (1) poker; (2) livestock; and (3) all things Titans. Love him or hate him, you'd be well serve to listen up and pipe down when he's talking about one of the above.

Hey, I'm not defending the "Huddle Pro" status as some sort of cloak of invulnerability. And while Spain may be an indefensible loon most of the time, he's knows three things very well: (1) poker; (2) livestock; and (3) all things Titans. Love him or hate him, you'd be well serve to listen up and pipe down when he's talking about one of the above.

You've missed the boat on this one. I'm not arguing the point on the Titans. That's old frickin news already. It's a matter of being able to post articles or news you may come across, in order to generate the discussion. Rather than be shot-down.

If Spain knows differently, than he is more than welcome to say so. That's what this poster was looking for. Insight. Not bashing.

Edit to add: People like Bronco_Billy, Spain, Irish, and the list goes on make this board what it is. They do have a lot of inside info on their teams, that's why things like this get posted, to get some of their insights!

Edited by Raider.Nation

I haven't attacked anyone, simply stated that although CBS did report it, i need confirmation from a third party source for verification to believe it, CBS sucks on player news. Rotoworld reported the story only quoting CBS which is their own stupidity as everyone knows CBS is good for false info.

I appreicate the heads up, but i consider the source (Sportsline), so i don't put alot of stock in it yet.

Spain is a HUGH Tenn. Homer and i think he has a better feel for the situation then any of us.

Spain, i think you misinterpreted the thread here, the guy simply quoted a CBS update and did not put it in the forum as a rumor, more of a fact that it was cited by CBS.

Chill Big Easy :D

GEEEZZZ, I guess I won't share anymore info on this site...I'll just keep it to myself!

Don't keep any info to yourself, you did a good service by providing the info and quoting CBS, its not your fault if CBS f'ks up another player update. We need news and news fast, this is great info here, even if from CBS :D

GEEEZZZ, I guess I won't share anymore info on this site...I'll just keep it to myself!

Relax brentw.....Please don't get the wrong idea about what these message boards are all about. I've been here since 2002 and don't have many posts. Most of mine come in the preseason. I am way to busy with about 6-8 leagues every year. This is a great place to get advice or just read what everyone is discussing. It's about the most comprehensive and thorough Fantasy site on the net. Some guys get their feathers ruffled in the heat of a discussion or inject their opinions. Right or wrong that's an inherent right as a member. We do on occassion misinterpret reads and posts, but as a collective group here, you've got some of the most insightful opinions as they relate to this crazy world of Fantasy Football. Welcome to the Huddle "Newb" and keep the post coming !!!!! :D

I hear you! If he is the Tenn expert, I would have liked him tell us that this is bogus..without all of the daggers! Doesn't matter now, he's gone in all my leagues so I hope the darn thing isn't true!

Dude, there's a locker room mentality on these message boards. Exepct to get metaphorically snapped in the ass with the proverbial towel once in a while. (And for Christ's sakes, DO NOT drop the soap). But that's just the cost of doing business in order to tap into some quality homer info/research. Don't take it too personally.

Relax brentw.....Please don't get the wrong idea about what these message boards are all about. I've been here since 2002 and don't have many posts. Most of mine come in the preseason. I am way to busy with about 6-8 leagues every year. This is a great place to get advice or just read what everyone is discussing. It's about the most comprehensive and thorough Fantasy site on the net. Some guys get their feathers ruffled in the heat of a discussion or inject their opinions. Right or wrong that's an inherent right as a member. We do on occassion misinterpret reads and posts, but as a collective group here, you've got some of the most insightful opinions as they relate to this crazy world of Fantasy Football. Welcome to the Huddle "Newb" and keep the post coming !!!!! :D

BANG ON! Well said....