[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB/RB combos

notamomo

QB/RB Total TDs  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB/RB combo will score the most TDs this season?

• Carson/Rudi
    • Peyton/Dominic
    • Hasslebeck/Alexander
    • Bulger/SJax
    • Rivers/LT
    • Green/LJ
    • Duante/Ronnie

Good points. I shoulda addded Warner/Edge to the mix as well. I'm intrigued by the idea of having a prolific QB/RB tanded. It may be feast or famine, but if the team scores a lot in 3/4 of their games, I'd take it. As long as the 1/4 of bad days don't come in weeks 14/15.

Good points. I shoulda addded Warner/Edge to the mix as well. I'm intrigued by the idea of having a prolific QB/RB tanded. It may be feast or famine, but if the team scores a lot in 3/4 of their games, I'd take it. As long as the 1/4 of bad days don't come in weeks 14/15.

So long as you do not target the combo or reach just to get the combo. Always go for the best available player at the position you have decided to draft, don't let the "Ooh, I can get a combo/ "Double Score"" mentality get the better of you.

So long as you do not target the combo or reach just to get the combo. Always go for the best available player at the position you have decided to draft, don't let the "Ooh, I can get a combo/ "Double Score"" mentality get the better of you.

This should be in the FF Newby Bible.

i ended up with a keeper league team where i have bulger/jackson and with james being traded, a potential lienart/james combo. i drafted delhomme instead of warner to avoid being locked into only having the arizona and stlouis starters. i am not excited about having the qb/rb combo. i am going to sometime during the season probably try and trade bulger or one of the rb's. probably edge unless they are just absolutely tearing it up. my plan is to start delhomme and bench bulger :D unless bulger has a great matchup. i have always liked bulger, so i hate benching him, but he just doesnt stay healthy

i ended up with a keeper league team where i have bulger/jackson and with james being traded, a potential lienart/james combo. i drafted delhomme instead of warner to avoid being locked into only having the arizona and stlouis starters. i am not excited about having the qb/rb combo. i am going to sometime during the season probably try and trade bulger or one of the rb's. probably edge unless they are just absolutely tearing it up. my plan is to start delhomme and bench bulger :D unless bulger has a great matchup. i have always liked bulger, so i hate benching him, but he just doesnt stay healthy

Trade Edge now, you will never get more value for him. Once people see that horrific O-line not opening holes for him you won't be able to get rid of him for CuMar.

FWIW, the week-to-week volatility of scoring by having your QB and RB on the same NFL roster is no different than if they are on different rosters.

While it may seem like it'll be a homerun or a strikeout from week to week, it really isnt.

Why?

Because the things that cause a running game to stall are generally the same sorts of things that allow a passing game to succeed, and vice versa.