[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Submitting highly questionable line ups

theeohiostate

why not take away the roster spot, or better yet, make only players actually ON IR..you know...available for the IR spot? just a thought.

I considered both, to be honest. But with this bunch of guys, you have to be one step ahead or they will find a different loophole.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's dumb but they should be allowed to do it. Addressing the question who would do that for Mike Bell...the same people who say should I bench Alexander cause he's facing the a tough run defense.

They deserve 0-1 especially the jerk that loses and misses out on him by 4 points. Assuming points would be waiver tie breakers.

What should be done in this circumstance

Nothing, of course. If they are willing to lose a game to try and pick up Bell, that's their call. A stupid one IMO, but their choice.

Should i ask the commish to mandate that all owners start a competitive line up

Of course not, esp if it's not in the rules.

and if so, how will "competitve" be determined?
This is one reason why I'm betting extremely few leagues have it in their rules.

Why would your opponent care who you start? It's not like he could plan a defense against your WR scheme or figure out a way to beat your starting D or something. It's fantasy football, not real football :D

To be honest, I rarely even bother looking to see who my opponent is starting as I have enough to do keeping up with my own lineups.

actually a few yrs ago i was in an IDP league at Sandbox or whatever it was called and we started:

2DL 2LB 2DB and 1FLEX but the flex was cool in that if you played an extra DL it used a factor and reduced your opponents RBs but INCREASED his WRs, and if you played an extra DB then the WRs took the hit and the RBs get the bump, if you played a 3rd LB it was a push no bumps up or down

it was actually pretty cool, i mean if you were playing a team with stud WRs and so so RBs you could actually use your def to offset their WRs impact

actually a few yrs ago i was in an IDP league at Sandbox or whatever it was called and we started:

2DL 2LB 2DB and 1FLEX but the flex was cool in that if you played an extra DL it used a factor and reduced your opponents RBs but INCREASED his WRs, and if you played an extra DB then the WRs took the hit and the RBs get the bump, if you played a 3rd LB it was a push no bumps up or down

it was actually pretty cool, i mean if you were playing a team with stud WRs and so so RBs you could actually use your def to offset their WRs impact

:D Wow. That's kinda cool.

12 Teamer. I don't agree with your logic here of a commish never getting involved, in a keeper league if someone is trading all there next years draft picks or dumping players are you to allow this knowing they won't be back the next season, just becuase "Your not supposed to get involved?" I don't think so, this logic is not only stupid buy severily damages the league to try to fill a spot vacated by an owner that intentionally did this to his team.

My experience has been that the less involved a commish is the smoother a league runs. We weren't talking about a keeper league scenario where an owner leaving the league is dumping. Obviously, a commish would have to do something about that, but it would have to be according to the rules of the league. If you have solid rules, then a commish really shouldn't have any need to do anything in most cases.

Everyone has a different agenda, so you can't ever base your commish decisions on opinion. It has to be covered in the rules or you can't do a thing. Just one man's humble opinion.

BTW: That team is so bad, you could give him Lundy and Bell and it wouldn't matter.

first off if an owner wants to dump a game to get a player that could very well tear an ACL or something the next week or so, that is stupid. only the worst of teams get the first cracks at a player. the only way it really becomes a factor is if one owner is in collusion with another owner who he will trade the player to for some compensation. A simple board of trustees and league commisioner approval on any and all trades, will stop this stuff fast. I am in a league that has multiple owners (3) that each runs a league the others are in.in each of these 3 leagues there is always a three way private conference on any grievences of this kind and others. Last season, we had a deserter and needed to fill a slot late. one owner (back to back winner going for a threepeat) suggested a friend. Most of us knew this guy so no real red flags. After the new team was pretty much out of it and rumors of him leaving the league at seasons end, did raise red flags on a riduculos trade that made no sense and the commission got together and overruled the deal. Friend are Friends but Fantasy Football is MONEY.

If someone thinks dumping a game is worth picking up a waiver wire guy, then let them do so. I don't really think it is a smart move, but you can't prevent people from being stupid. If commishes would remember this simple rule, most problems would be eliminated.

This sums it up nicely.

It's never worth throwing a game to get a player.

The guy will probably miss the playoffs by one game.