[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should you be able to tackle someone by pulling the hair?

Skippy

Hair pull during the tackle...legal?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Yes if you have hair like Polamalu it should be okay to yank it.

• No way. No different than grabbing the head.
    • Puddy

The penalty was for taunting, NOT hair pulling.

FWIW.....the NFL ruled on that w/ Williams, IIRC, and the hair pull is legal! JMHO

And a very marginal taunting it was too. I got the impression LJ was trying to let go but his hand was stuck in Polamalu's hair.

you know just a few weeks ago I said in my watering hole that I wish someone would do that to him on an interception return. Now don't get me wrong I like Palomalu as a player but to not put rubberbands around it at several points and maybe wear a headband around his neck to try to manage it on the field, then you can't expect a player trying to prevent a TD to not grab it. As a matter of fact I don't think that it even upset Palomalu that much. :D

I just want to point out that Polamalu never once complained. He got up and ran to his sideline. It was his teammates that took issue with it. When Troy is playing the way he did today, he can wear his hair any way he wants. However, I do agree that if you wear your hair that way, you know, at some point, it is going to get pulled. I'm sure Troy knows that too.

Cut the hair, it looks stupid on a football field. Its only for attention. Give him the attention he craves, rip it out of his dang head. Fair game in my opinion. Defensive guys are more apt to have this long hair because they are less apt to get it pulled because they usually dont get tackled.

Cut the hair, it looks stupid on a football field. Its only for attention. Give him the attention he craves, rip it out of his dang head. Fair game in my opinion. Defensive guys are more apt to have this long hair because they are less apt to get it pulled because they usually dont get tackled.

It has nothing to do with getting attention. It has to do with his heritage.

The penalty was for taunting, NOT hair pulling.

FWIW.....the NFL ruled on that w/ Williams, IIRC, and the hair pull is legal! JMHO

Yes you are correct. I posted this before they said it was for taunting. Everyone watching that game at the point that that happend did think it was a penaltly for pulling the hair. A lot of people thought it was probably because he did not let it go once he was down.

I still wonder where exactly the taunt was? :D

Yes you are correct. I posted this before they said it was for taunting. Everyone watching that game at the point that that happend did think it was a penaltly for pulling the hair. A lot of people thought it was probably because he did not let it go once he was down.

I still wonder where exactly the taunt was? :D

LJ said he clocked one of the PIT guys.....though would that be taunting? I doubt it. Did the ref actually SAY taunting? I thought he just said unsportsmanlike conduct.

LJ said he clocked one of the PIT guys.....though would that be taunting? I doubt it. Did the ref actually SAY taunting? I thought he just said unsportsmanlike conduct.

The ref did say unsportsmanlike. The guys doing the game said that they had some sort of clarification that the penalty was not for pulling the hair but was for taunting. They may have been wrong. I was just going by what Gumble and Dandorf said. :D

I think that you missed your KKK rally to watch the game yesterday and that is what has you upset :D

If you are going to comment on something like this PLEASE get your facts straight BEFORE you open your mouth. Palomalu is of Samoan descent and the hair is part of their culture and heritage. Even though I personally would yank him down by his hair if I was in that situation, I applaud Troy for taking that chance every week in order to honor his peoples history and beliefs. :D