[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Vick bags on coach, wide receivers

Fatman

Agreed that ATL's WRs aren't very good. Then again, I don't think that Marvin or T.O. could catch passes at that hit the turf two yards in front of them or sailed five feet over their heads.

Very true...but they WOULD catch the majority of Vick's passes that hit 'em in the hands, right?

Just because Vick is the only person who KNOWS he is the perfect QB doesn't make him wrong. Since he knows it, and you all just have an opinion on it doesn't it seem that you are all wrong? Vick knows himself; you just form opinions and you aren't him. Vick is the closest thing to Jesus Christ on Earth and performs miracles weekly. Bow down to him and pray in the direction of Atlanta 5 times daily.

Edited by CD6405

Very true...but they WOULD catch the majority of Vick's passes that hit 'em in the hands, right?

Yep. I saw those passes that White and Jenkins dropped last week. That was all on them. Then again, I've seen Marvin drop passes in the endzone as well.

Atlanta's passing game pretty much sucks all around. Crumpler's the one member of that crew that I'd consider "competent."

Yep. I saw those passes that White and Jenkins dropped last week. That was all on them. Then again, I've seen Marvin drop passes in the endzone as well.

Atlanta's passing game pretty much sucks all around. Crumpler's the one member of that crew that I'd consider "competent."

And even Crump has caught a case of the "stone hands" recently. :D

EDIT; Which ain't good when your QB is Vick & not the most accurate of passers.

Edited by Big Score 1

And even Crump has caught a case of the "stone hands" recently. :D

The Saints game was the only ATL game that I've watched in full this year and, wow, Crumpler was bad in that one.

There's nothing worse than receivers dropping passes when your QB isn't that great of a passer to begin with. As if Kyle Orton (who makes Vick look like Marino) at QB last season wasn't bad enough for the Bears, Mushin Muhammad absolutely killed that offense with drops on several key drives.

The Saints game was the only ATL game that I've watched in full this year and, wow, Crumpler was bad in that one.

There's nothing worse than receivers dropping passes when your QB isn't that great of a passer to begin with. As if Kyle Orton (who makes Vick look like Marino) at QB last season wasn't bad enough for the Bears, Mushin Muhammad absolutely killed that offense with drops on several key drives.

Yep.

Atlanta doesn't pass much to begin with, then you throw in an inaccurate QB & those few passes that are on the money, the WR's / TE's have GOT to make the plays, since who knows when they'll see another accurate throw.

Maybe they're just in shock when they do get a good pass? :D

Vick is simply a mediocre QB at BEST. He hasn't topped 200 yards passing this year or 3,000 yards passing in a SEASON. So for him to call everyone else out on the offense is insane.

BUT.....His WR's do suck. They don't get much seperation and drop passes. When was the last time any of those guys actually made a play? Where is the YAC? Then again, to play WR for the Falcons must be depressing as hell. They are asked to run block all the time, the offense passes very little and when they do call passing plays Vick is inaccurate or takes off running out of the pocket. The season could get ugly for Atlanta this Sunday if the offense struggles again.

The funny thing is Atlanta's biggest problem resurfaced last week that killed them all of last year, stopping the run. When Atlanta plays good D and plays in the lead all is well. If they have to play catch up and pass a lot things get ugly.

Just because Vick is the only person who KNOWS he is the perfect QB doesn't make him wrong. Since he knows it, and you all just have an opinion on it doesn't it seem that you are all wrong? Vick knows himself; you just form opinions and you aren't him. Vick is the closest thing to Jesus Christ on Earth and performs miracles weekly. Bow down to him and pray in the direction of Atlanta 5 times daily.

I really really hope this is a sarcastic statement

If Mike/Ron Vick/Mexico was a better QB he would play with T.O., S. Moss, Roy Williams AT THE PRO BOWL! He could prove it then....odds are he would drop back and instead of passing to T.O. or Moss or Williams he'd run.....its all about him....he's self centered and self absorbed by his own shadow on the field (even in the dome lights LOL)..Falcons WILL NEVER....repeat NEVER go to the Super Bowl with Vick at the helm....that you can take to the Mexico Bank!!!! :D

Matt Leinart has showed me more potential in two weeks than Vick has showed his entire career....now that says volumes about ability....if Vick had Fitz and Bolding and Edge he'd still run it as many times as he does in Atlanta...and it would be thier fault as they don't get open... :D

:D

Right, Atlanta has just had the longest streak of bad luck. every WR aquired via Free Agency, Draft or trade has just been uinable to catch a pass. Otherwise, Vick would be OK. Has nothign to do with a WR being unable to establish a RHYTHM with him since he can't stay in a pocket or throw consistantly down field.

You have an apology excuse reason why it's that woman's fault for catching herpes from him?

I was all ready to reply about this until I saw your avatar. Awesome.

:D

Edited by Bushey

Which wouldn't be many, right?

Considering that Vick is not the most accurate QB to begin with & that Atlanta's offense passes the least out of all NFL teams, you're right there's not a huge amount of his passes that hit his WR's right in the hands...which is why it's even more of an impact when the fokkers drop 'em.

They've got to start catching the balls that hit them right in their hands. :D

Considering that Vick is not the most accurate QB to begin with & that Atlanta's offense passes the least out of all NFL teams, you're right there's not a huge amount of his passes that hit his WR's right in the hands...which is why it's even more of an impact when the fokkers drop 'em.

They've got to start catching the balls that hit them right in their hands. :D

You're right, I don't even know why I'm arguing with you. The WR's DO have to do a beter job of catchign whatever passes DO make it their way, that's the bottom line.

The funny thing is Atlanta's biggest problem resurfaced last week that killed them all of last year, stopping the run.

Which is difficult to believe since, on paper, Atlanta's defense is arguably the most talented in the league.

When Atlanta plays good D and plays in the lead all is well. If they have to play catch up and pass a lot things get ugly.

Well-said.

Vick is arguably one the most anticipated & exciting players to enter the NFL. To this day, he's still one of only a handful of players that can get me to pause my remote control just to watch him play. Granted he's not the best passer, but with his athletic ability he doesn't have to be. Defenses respect that, so I agree with Vick more passing on first & second down early would be to the Falcons benefit.

Wow what a difference a week makes! :D

Vick's receivers' drops seem more magnified because they don't get as many opportunities as a Harrison, Glenn, or DJax.

Then again, you have to cut them some slack for the 'surprise factor'; as in, 'OMFG, he actually hit me right in my hands!!' There was an article I just read where Jenkins bitched back in response to Vick throwing the receivers under the bus by saying that the balls haven't always been there to catch.

The truth in this case might be somewhere in the middle. The Vickster is not JC, but he's not an RB playing QB either. If he can just shed his prima-donna attitude and stop throwing his teammates under the bus, he has a chance to be a decent passer.