[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Paging Mr. Chad Johnson

Judge Smales

this is really baffling. can't say i saw much of the game at all....but is Carson even looking his way much? Chad looks very frustrated....i don't think he thinks he's getting a chance to make anything happen.

and that play call on 4th and 1 was rediculous IMO. they were very lucky to pull that off. the coverage was tight.

Honestly, and I am in the minority here, but I still have full confidence in Chad. He has 6 catches each of the past 2 games, they went to him in a key spot where he made a diving catch to maybe save the game for Cincy, and their schedule is getting better soon. They still have games against Atl, NO, Clev, Oak, and Indy left. So again maybe I'm in the minority here but I still expect Chad to have his very big moments over the next 10 games.

Edited by giantsfan

Honestly, and I am in the minority here, but I still have full confidence in Chad. He has 6 catches each of the past 2 games, they went to him in a key spot where he made a diving catch to maybe save the game for Cincy, and their schedule is getting better soon. They still have games against Atl, NO, Clev, Oak, and Indy left. So again maybe I'm in the minority here but I still expect Chad to have his very big moments over the next 10 games.

I agree, but I'll believe it when I see it. He was taken too high in my draft for this type of production, so far he's a bust this year (along with my #1 pick of Caddy).

From someone that has no interest in CJ's relevence, I think defenses know they MUST double him to stop him. Just ask CJ, he will tell ya. He brought all this attention to himself last year and teams will not match up with him all day one on one. TJ is the new #1 target as he sees more single coverage.

The CJ owner in my league traded him away this week for, get this........Welker and Bryant Johnson (2 #3's). It probably made sense after all.

From someone that has no interest in CJ's relevence, I think defenses know they MUST double him to stop him. Just ask CJ, he will tell ya. He brought all this attention to himself last year and teams will not match up with him all day one on one. TJ is the new #1 target as he sees more single coverage.

The CJ owner in my league traded him away this week for, get this........Welker and Bryant Johnson (2 #3's). It probably made sense after all.

That did not make sense. That is a terrible deal. A guy who will start for maybe 1 more game and Miami's # 3 or 4 WR. I know you are not a big CJ fan, and that is fine, but that is an awful move. I will go on the record right now and say from today forward CJ will be a top 10 WR. Think about this usually TJ outdoes CJ by a few catches and is around the same in yards yet he is always singled and CJ is always doubled. We all know CJ is one of the most talented WR's in the league and it will show the last 10 games or at least 6 or 7 of them.

I agree that the double-teams are what is killing his production, and I agree that he is still a good WR to hold onto this year, but... does anybody else think that he may still be somewhat skittish after that giant mind-crushing hit he took at the end of the Browns game in week 2?

from two seprate columns...

Chad Johnson might be seething over having one touchdown at this point in the season, but the honest way he's running his routes and clearing out for lesser players is making the Bengals survivors while they wait for their line to get healthy and their passing game to follow.

Slowly, this offense might be coming around in terms of their ability to make aggressive plays downfield, and that’s Johnson’s gig. He’s caught two big deep passes in his last two games, so you might want to try to trade for Johnson because he might be starting to heat up.

encouraging signs