[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas Loses QB?

Perchoutofwater

Perhaps someone should tell him the story of Matt Cassell, the USC backup (behind both Palmer and Leinart,) who is now #2 for the NFL Pats. Not a bad gig, unless this kid thinks he can be the next Brady or Palmer, and 'just needs his chance to shine'.

One problem with that theory - according to the article, he shied away from competing with Tebow in FLA and lost out to McCoy in TX. Hmm, better hit the books and get that free degree, and UT would be better on the resume than TCU, IMHO. Unless he wants to be a preacher. Maybe he does...

Perhaps someone should tell him the story of Matt Cassell, the USC backup (behind both Palmer and Leinart,) who is now #2 for the NFL Pats. Not a bad gig, unless this kid thinks he can be the next Brady or Palmer, and 'just needs his chance to shine'.

One problem with that theory - according to the article, he shied away from competing with Tebow in FLA and lost out to McCoy in TX. Hmm, better hit the books and get that free degree, and UT would be better on the resume than TCU, IMHO. Unless he wants to be a preacher. Maybe he does...

Good stuff here.

Lets just say he could be heading to Norman.

Do you really think that Mack Brown would let him go if he was going to go to Oklahomo? Unless of course Mack knows that he doesn't have what it takes to play on this level.

There is of course the Justin Zwick story as well. :D

I doubt he'd transfer within the conference. That would cost him 2 years of eligibility if I'm not mistaken.

In the Big Ten it means paying your own way, when you transfer to another school in the Big Ten and of course you sit a year. I'm not sure if this is a NCAA rule or not.

In the Big Ten it means paying your own way, when you transfer to another school in the Big Ten and of course you sit a year. I'm not sure if this is a NCAA rule or not.

The sitting out a year is a NCAA rule. The no scholorship rule is a Big Ten rule.

Do you really think that Mack Brown would let him go if he was going to go to Oklahomo? Unless of course Mack knows that he doesn't have what it takes to play on this level.

Brown has little choice, as if he says he wants out, and Brown refuses, it will hurt Brown big time in recruiting. Also, Brown has to let him go before he can enroll at another school, and he can have a change of heart once Brown lets him go, so what choice does Brown really have then.

Rats leaving a sinking ship.

I wont go that far, but Id bet Sneed is going Pro, as is most of that OL. McCoy and Charles will be back, so the offense will be good again, but they are losing their remaining 2 solid DB's and their pass rushers as well. Somehow I think Texas will still be ok.

Snead wants out because he wants to play, and he wont as long as McCoy is on the roster. Nor should he.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan