[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parcells interested in Giants GM job?

Randall

Giants say no.

January 9, 2007, 06:44

Giants, Cowboys

Parcells Wants N.Y. GM Job, Giants Say No Thanks

Mike Garafolo, Paul Needell, Newark Star-Ledger -

The Giants have rebuffed a proposal from Cowboys HC Bill Parcells about returning to the organization as general manager, according to a high-ranking NFL executive. Parcells had informed the Giants through an intermediary that he would be interested in returning to the Giants to replace the retiring GM Ernie Accorsi, according to two NFL executives and a player. The sources requested anonymity because of the private nature of the search. The Giants appear to be looking for a younger candidate who would stay in the job for the long term.

I don't know if I can consider this a fact, prima facie. The Giants would certainly have motivation to embellish, since this will probably cause some concern inside the Cowboys organization.

They could entertain it awhile and mess with Jerry Jones. :D

GM is a position that requires a long-term hire, IMO. Parcells isn't that person, not at his age.

No but he could be a consultant.

Edited by Randall

Bill needs to go. Dude is past his prime.

And can't reach players of today.

You are way off. Pacells can not only reach youth he can teach youth. Just look at the guys he drafted and the guys we let go. If Parcells lets you go, you are not good enough, just look around the league at players Parcells let go. Arent very many, and those there are, are backups. Detroit picks these guys up like Hot Cakes. Bill has an eye for talent and solid guys.

We don't have trouble on our team save TO and maybe Davis. No DUI's, Dumbasses, or riffraff. We are pretty clean as far as teams go and that's Parcells influence.

The team has gotten better every year and now with the 3 4 in place a few more play makers means he can push the button and start the rotating pressure defense he wants. Things are looking well.

Please don't go Bill, the plants ill die.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Parcells is a great mentor and motivator, but I'm not sure how that skill set translates into a successful GM.

He is a much better Coach but his mental makeup makes it hard to watch mistakes that cost him games and he can only take so much of it, he lets it eat him up. He is very much a details guy that won't tolerate the A. Bryants and Chris Henrys of the league. I appreciate that. You would be hard pressed to find a better talent evaluator then Bill. One more solid draft this year and the Boys will be in great shape.

In NE Parcells had both GM and HC responsibilities and I don't think he was a particularly adept GM. I'm glad he won't be returning to the Giants organization in any role.

Bill needs to go. Dude is past his prime.

And can't reach players of today.

:D

It's amazing the cowboys fans' change of attitude from only a couple years ago.

In NE Parcells had both GM and HC responsibilities and I don't think he was a particularly adept GM. I'm glad he won't be returning to the Giants organization in any role.

Wasn't he responsible (at least partially) for drafting Bruschi, Law, and Milloy?