[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bly wants out of Denver

I have no knowledge of the terms of the deal between Smoot and the Redskins. And I certainly dont have any knowledge as to any behind the scenes dealings for Bly between Denver and Washington. But I am going to have to agree with skins on one thing: Smoot was not brought in to be the starting cb. He is horrible! Fred Smoot couldnt cover my 90 year old grandmother who has had a knee and hip replacement. There is no possible way the Redskins would bring Smoot in to be the starter opposite Rogers. No f'n way! He can be a serviceable, at best, nickelback covering the slot. But to put him out on the outside at cb is absolute suicide.

I couldn't agree more - which is why paying him $25M over 5 yrs is assinine. Of course, skins thinks this is a great deal for a part time player with significant limitations.

I couldn't agree more - which is why paying him $25M over 5 yrs is assinine. Of course, skins thinks this is a great deal for a part time player with significant limitations.

If they did in fact pay Smoot that kind of money, then Dan Snyder is even dumber than I have given him credit for. :D

:D

Here's some more from your source:

LINK

No sh!t, Sherlock!

Nice source for a great story.

First Story:

NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports that the Broncos have asked for Ladell Betts in exchange for Dre' Bly.

The Broncos are also reportedly talking to the Saints. Other reports say Denver is interested in Washington's first-round pick. The news about Betts is interesting considering Denver just paid big money to Travis Henry. But it's a typical Mike Shanahan move; He's not afraid to acquire an extra quality running back.

-----------------------------------------------

:D

If this is true (the trade for Ladell) then Shanny's an idiot. If he wants Washington's 1st round pick, well that's another story. Perhaps Shanny likes Bly, but realizes that he's not as good as a potential 1st rnd pick, or high 1st rnd pick if the 2 were packaged together!

Redskins eyeing Bly.

Smoot's deal is actually worth a maximum of $21 million over five years and not $25 million, as previously reported, according to sources. Smoot received $7 million to sign and the deal is essentially worth $11.5 million over three years. . . .

I predict Bly ends up in DC and Betts stays in DC.

Edited by skins

Redskins eyeing Bly.

Smoot's deal is actually worth a maximum of $21 million over five years and not $25 million, as previously reported, according to sources. Smoot received $7 million to sign and the deal is essentially worth $11.5 million over three years. . . .

TY

Redskins eyeing Bly.

I think it makes sense for the Redskins to acquire Bly. Put him opposite Rogers and they will be set at CB.

I'd honestly be surprised to see Bly go anywhere. If Shanahan targeted him for a trade, he did it for a reason (though screwing the 'Skins seems to be his M.O. the past few years), and DEN has a reputation of taking care of its players.

I think it makes sense for the Redskins to acquire Bly. Put him opposite Rogers and they will be set at CB.

I would take Bly or Springs opposite Rogers with Smoot at nickel as insurance. Given Springs recent injury problems and age, I would actually prefer Bly.

Edited by skins

In my IDP league a couple of years ago an owner started Dre Bly and Ty Law in the same game, thereby setting a league record for "fewest letters in the combined first and last names of starting CBs" (11). A record I don't think will soon be broken.

fwiw, his agent is publicly trying to diffuse the rumor that bly wants out of denver:

In his first comment about the speculation that Dré Bly wants out of Denver, agent Kennard McGuire made a statement in an attempt to douse the rumor.

"I have had nothing but positive dialogue with (Broncos coach) Mike Shanahan and (general manager) Ted Sundquist about Dré," McGuire said. "Dré understands that it is a compliment to be wanted. Neither Dré nor myself has said publicly that he is disenchanted. I understand why certain teams only allow the head coach to speak publicly. If Dré is so miserable or unhappy, it hasn't been publicly said by Dre or myself."

The Washington Post reported Sunday that Bly was unhappy he was traded from Detroit to Denver last week because he is from Virginia and wants to play for the Washington Redskins. The newspaper also reported Bly had a long-term contract worked out with the Redskins prior to the Denver-Detroit deal.

Jim Bates, Denver's assistant head coach in charge of defense, said Tuesday he hoped Bly would want to play for the Broncos. The Broncos haven't made any other public comments.

i don't know what the hell that means. we haven't said publicly that he's disenchanted? whatever. if this Megan Fox would rather play for the dogbutt washington racists, more power to him, as long as they pony up.

fwiw, his agent is publicly trying to diffuse the rumor that bly wants out of denver:

i don't know what the hell that means. we haven't said publicly that he's disenchanted? whatever. if this Megan Fox would rather play for the dogbutt washington racists, more power to him, as long as they pony up.

Well, Bly is from the Washington area and probably wants to get back closer to home. I cant blame a guy for that. But Denver owns his rights now, and they wont give up a player of his caliber on the cheap. Washington is going to have pony up big time to get Bly out of Denver.

It's all about the scheme my friends. Smoot is a man-to-man type of corner. He doesn't excel in the cover 2 scheme which requires corners to jam at the line and be physical. He added 15 lbs in the off-season to be able to play cover 2, but it's just not his game. The excess weight only slowed him down. You will see a different player in Washington, and by the way, he will be the starter...