[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots are 6-0 after 5 games

uglytuna

Finally we get our first real test of the season next Sunday. Thank God!

ugly :D tuna

I would'nt exactly call it a test, the Steelers beat the snot out of the sorry

seahawks with their practice squad the cowboys may be something in the NFC

but that is like being the top-turd on a steaming pile of dog $@#*

I would'nt exactly call it a test, the Steelers beat the snot out of the sorry

seahawks with their practice squad the cowboys may be something in the NFC

but that is like being the top-turd on a steaming pile of dog $@#*

LMAO, Dallas beats Pitt by at least 2 TDs.

They sure showed that 3 back rotation of no names and QB who wasn't good enough to play for the 49ers. :D

So it's impressive when the Pats beat up on nobody's? But not the Colts? Without Bob Sanders, Rob Morris, and Freddie Keiaho? You really are very jealous of the Colts success aren't you Waterboy?

Was it just me, or did Moss get shut down by the Browns yesterday? :D

Edited by CaptainHook

Looked like Moss didn't even need to play for them to score 34. Scary.
The same could be said for the Colts without their #1 wide receiver and #1 running back. They were replaced by a rookie and a running back that up until a few weeks ago you probably never heard of. It's not scary. It's called depth and skill where a single player's injury doesn't ruin the entire season. I will readily admit that the Patriots look like a great team and it will be a challenge for the Colts in the AFC Championship Game. But I don't put a lot of stock in the meaning behind scoring 34 (with or without Moss) against the Browns.

Call me a "hater" (or worse), but there neither is nor has been any team in the history of professional sports I will be more jazzed to see go down the tubes than the New England Patriots.

It may be this year, or next, or in 5 years, but the inexorable march of time will reduce this team to the ash heap of history just as it has all of the so-called dynasties before them.

And lo, we will no longer be subject to the constant whining of their fans about the “model NFL franchise”, the perceived lack of respect for all they have accomplished, and their myopic fixation on Tom Brady. Moreover, the absolute favoritism of the talking heads at ESPN, and idiots like Don Banks and Peter Gammons will forever be forgotten.

My team started out 3-0, but yet I wasn't blowing my horn. They were supposed to win those games. Granted, they did blow out the teams they should have, but I still wasn't sold. Stumbled in Ariz, which I expected by the way. I was impressed with the entire team play against Seattle and think it was the best performance of the year. However, I'm still not blowing my horn. I'm waiting for Pittsburgh to play Baltimore(a team that absolutely kicked their ass last year). They don't get a reg. season matchup with Indy this year, but that week 14 game against the Pats will show me alot of what this team has, providing the Pats haven't already clinched everything by then(with Indy around, I doubt it). I've never been a horn blower anyway. UT gets his rocks off with posts like this so I tend to ignore him. But what the hell am I doing in here? :D

I too will be rooting for the Cowboys. Not because I like them, but because NE is an AFC team. The more losses the better.

So it's impressive when the Pats beat up on nobody's? But not the Colts? Without Bob Sanders, Rob Morris, and Freddie Keiaho? You really are very jealous of the Colts success aren't you Waterboy?

Was it just me, or did Moss get shut down by the Browns yesterday? :D

rookie eric wright did a good job with moss...tough assignment to draw...if u remember before the draft i was touting him as the best corner in the draft and he was on my wish list for the pats...he looked good

brady got off to a real hot start...but finished 22-38....the passing game was out of sync....

we knew moss was going to be taken out and not be a major factor at some point....and thats when you expected guys like stallworth and ben watson to pick it up and take advantage...and they did to an extent on sunday....still i was not pleased

Jets: 1-4

Bills: soon to be 1-4

Bengals: 1-3

Browns: 2-3

Chargers: 2-3

The Pats haven't played ANYBODY. There lone "quality" win is over an imploding Chargers team AT HOME. The rest of their wins have been against teams that will be picking in the top 10 in the draft next year. Color me unimpressed.

Yes because you can chose who you play can't you?

We've beaten everyone who's been put in front of us, and convincingly too.

Believe everyone hopes the Cowboys can go 5-0 so the showdown in the Big "D" can happen next week. I don't care what anyone has to say.....the game will be fantastic! Romo vs. a "good" defense...Brady vs a "middle of the road" passing "D"...Patriots are run stoppers (3rd in the league in "D" vs. rush)...stats point to Patriots....but if Braylon Edwards and Derek Anderson can connect vs Pats..there is evidence of a crease in PATs "D" that Romo--T.O. and Witten with Crayton will/can find....Pats have put 34 or 38 points on every opponent...they have faced high powered prototype offenses without a defense in Chargers and Bengals...Cowboys offer a power "O" and a better "D" than the the Chargers or Bengals....hopefully the Cowboys won't be looking ahead tonight and can give the football world a mini bowl in Week Six!! This is what is so great about Pro Football! I like the fact the underdogs here are the Cowboys....at home....the story will be Romo and the Dallas "D"..both have to be almost perfect...can they be...will they be...what a great story and game and it isn't evn half way through this year!! :wacko::D:sick:

Believe the edge belongs to the PATS...but IMO the upset of the week and year is the Cowboys 27 Patriots 24.....mark it on your calendar....and don't miss the show! :wacko::D:wacko::wacko::D

Looked like Moss didn't even need to play for them to score 34. Scary.

A short list of teams that haven't scored at least 3 TDs vs Cleveland...

Baltimore

I told you it would be short.

Cleveland is last in yardage D and 3rd to last in scoring D so don't get too carried away.

Here's a rundown on how the teams NE has played this year rank in scoring D: 19, 22, 27, 30, 32. Hardly a murderer's row.

I actually watched the Cleveland/NE game (it was either that or NO/Car) and they certainly did not take the Browns to the woodshed. The outcome never really seemed in doubt, mind you, but Cleveland gave them a run.

Don't get me wrong, it is hard not to be impressed by the Pats, but it's not unlike watching a College team run roughshod through some pathetic conference. You just don't know how good they really are. Now, unlike other teams, they've got enough team leadership that they're not going to curl up into a ball and start crying the first time they get hit in the mouth, but I am truly interested to see how good they are against a complete team.

Hopefully both the Colts and Pats stay undefeated until their matchup. If both are vying for home-field advantage in the playoffs, their starters will be on the field during everybody's fantasy playoffs.

Excellent point Bill.

• 2 months later...