[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quinn Gray

alexgaddis

didn't he play halfway decently last year in a couple outings?

Yeah...I think it was the scrimmage against the local junior high team. The dude is just plain awful...and what shocks me more is that he just looked completely unprepared to play the game. In this day and age, it's rare that you see the back up QB not ready to play.

Yeah...I think it was the scrimmage against the local junior high team. The dude is just plain awful...and what shocks me more is that he just looked completely unprepared to play the game. In this day and age, it's rare that you see the back up QB not ready to play.

That's the thing that sticks out to me. I mean, you can find a guy who can manage better than that even if he's basically a stiff. Since Garrard is not old, it's not like they need to be grooming their heir apparent. Why not have some old-timer who can at least function if called upon. Brad Johnson, somebody like that.

Didnt they save several million by cutting him? Id say they feel good about it considering theyd essentially be paying him what, 1.5 million over the next 2 games?

Yeah, but they had the cap space. It's not like they used it on someone else. If the Jags lose the next two game, I think they are gonna regret it.

He is currently in Dallas.

I know, I saw him on the sidelines this weekend. My point is, a guy like that. Somebody too old and brittle, perhaps to be the guy you want taking you into the future. But somebody who's actually run an NFL offense before who won't spazz out if you need him for a week or two. Hell even a series or two.

I would imagine there are others like him that could have been had. That guy looked like he'd be a mess running the scout team.

Yeah, but they had the cap space. It's not like they used it on someone else. If the Jags lose the next two game, I think they are gonna regret it.

Yeah but it all depends on if it it based off the QB play. If the defense is the problem, or the WRs drop passes, that has nothing to do with the QB. IMO, they are not regretting cutting Leftwich one bit. Hell, look at Leftwich now.... dude plays one game and gets hurt. Think they're really missing that?

Yeah but it all depends on if it it based off the QB play. If the defense is the problem, or the WRs drop passes, that has nothing to do with the QB. IMO, they are not regretting cutting Leftwich one bit. Hell, look at Leftwich now.... dude plays one game and gets hurt. Think they're really missing that?

lol, not really. But like I said, at least they'd have a serviceable QB who knows their system. Now they got nothing.