[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts-Patriots tilt shaping as battle of Good vs. Evil

TheGrunt

I don't like the Patriots but they're not the Raiders.

Actually the today's Patriots are a lot like the Raiders...of the 70s and early 80s.

Back then the Raiders were a dominant team, with the best winning percentage in the league, hated by most of the league, played dirty, did anything to win, ran up the score on some teams when they could, and winners of 3 Superbowls within 8 years (1976, 1980 and 1983 seasons).

The quote that LT had to describe the Patriots this year before the SD-NE game "if you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin" was originally a quote devised by the Raiders back in the day...ah to be a kid again

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't help but notice that Manning looks like quite the "symbarite" in this commercial too.

Who are we kidding? All of these multi-millionaire athletes are symbarites when they aren't getting beat up on Sundays, just as we all would be if we were multi-millionaires too.

I really doubt though that Manning is any less "evil" than Brady. Wasn't he doing credit card commercials not too long ago? We all know how evil those corporations are.

:D

So if you own a credit card, I suppose that also makes you an accessory to the Evil Credit Card Empire.

This just in: TMQ does not actually think the Pats are evil

Last week's TMQ called the Colts the good team and the Patriots the bad team in a "Good vs. Evil" setup for next week's clash. After the column posted, I felt badly that I had not made clear I was being satirical -- that was my failing as a writer -- because, after all, none of us has the slightest idea what is in the hearts of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. There was Internet chatter calling me biased, ignorant, lower than pond scum; although in 2004 when I wrote a column for NFL.com saying Belichick was not only the best coach of the moment but perhaps the best coach ever, I don't recall anyone calling me biased or uninformed. Anyway, I apologize to Brady for complaining that he smirks -- saying this is an insult, and although it's fine to criticize public figures, insults are childish.

• 2 months later...

And the evil Colts went for personal records last night as they force-fed Reggie Wayne so he could pass Randy Moss in yards. Wow, what a bunch of evil, stats-focused greed mongers.

Reggie Wayne caught 12 passes for 87 yards before being pulled with over five minutes left in the second quarter. Setting the new standard for the phrase "early and often", the Colts fed Wayne as he passed Randy Moss to finish with a league best and career-high 1,510 yards. Wayne also finished with a career best 104 receptions in a season where he officially moved out from Marvin Harrison's shadow. He did lose a fumble deep in Titans territory.

:D:D

And the evil Colts went for personal records last night as they force-fed Reggie Wayne so he could pass Randy Moss in yards. Wow, what a bunch of evil, stats-focused greed mongers.

Reggie Wayne caught 12 passes for 87 yards before being pulled with over five minutes left in the second quarter. Setting the new standard for the phrase "early and often", the Colts fed Wayne as he passed Randy Moss to finish with a league best and career-high 1,510 yards. Wayne also finished with a career best 104 receptions in a season where he officially moved out from Marvin Harrison's shadow. He did lose a fumble deep in Titans territory.

What is this, amateur night? I hope your not using live shrimp.

:wacko:

kinda funny in a sick and twisted way that the colts padded stats to push a patriot back a notch :headbang:

just trying to be as obvious with my :wacko: as keggerz and the gang. yawn:

game warden called and said that I was catching to many fish and needed to commercially advertise

my fishing expeditions for the rest of the year or he would revoke my license and suspend them for

4 games next year.

;)

Keg is so good he has his own show on ESPN Sunday mornings.

:D Actually its Spain's show and i am just doing special guest appearances while he is on his sabbatical :D

but i will tell you if the pats had lost to the GMen this past week I was leaving the bass boat in the garage and borrowing Noah's Ark

Edited by keggerz

But he didn't pass Moss for TDs or Welker for receptions, right?